How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

One raw shot and one edited pic.  The filters are fun and they're adjustable, but I think my next challenge will be to figure out how EEP works and see what I can do with that. New this time is the use of shadows.  They turned out really pixelated, so I think I hit the limit of my computer.

Raw:

hors_008.thumb.jpg.a15abfdac872719db1201242105d247f.jpg

Filter added:

hors_009m.thumb.jpg.325cc2d24469799cbced96c42909100a.jpg

Oh, my partner logged in for the first time in 5 years yesterday.  Maybe I can convince him to take a couple's photo for that other thread. 🤞 I'll ambush him the next time he pops in.

• Like 25

On 1/5/2022 at 3:35 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

One raw shot and one edited pic.  The filters are fun and they're adjustable, but I think my next challenge will be to figure out how EEP works and see what I can do with that. New this time is the use of shadows.  They turned out really pixelated, so I think I hit the limit of my computer.

Your computer doesn't so much limit the render as we do by turning down settings to get better FPS rates. While hardware does affect shadow quality it is mostly an affect because of the viewer deciding which settings to use when it figures out which graphics card you are using.

Some with older weaker computers setup the shot then switch the graphics settings to max and wait for the scene to render and endure 2 to 3 FPS to get the shot. Graphics settings presets are great for those changes between quality and performance.

There are a number of settings that control shadows. A year ago when I was still blogging I wrote Firestorm 6.4.12 Shadows for Photography. You may want to take a look.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

takes notes.

new suit

I will add that it isn't quite that simple.  There needs to be an air of suave sophistication with a hint of occasional mystery and/or romance.  You're headed in the right direction though.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1