That sim island with just a single green dot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are times when out of boredom I jump to a sim sitting in the vast ocean of Second Life. Sometimes I go to a sim because it has an interesting name. Sometimes because the color pattern looks structured like a city. The one type of sim I avoid is the sim with just one green dot on it. The dot seems... Ominous. Like a lone serial killer who has murdered all the other green dots. Am I being unreasonble? Does any one visit such islands and had a good, bad or horrifying experience? I never have so I can't offer any opinion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

There are times when out of boredom I jump to a sim sitting in the vast ocean of Second Life. Sometimes I go to a sim because it has an interesting name. Sometimes because the color pattern looks structured like a city. The one type of sim I avoid is the sim with just one green dot on it. The dot seems... Ominous. Like a lone serial killer who has murdered all the other green dots. Am I being unreasonble? Does any one visit such islands and had a good, bad or horrifying experience? I never have so I can't offer any opinion. 

Your reverse psychology is a clever ploy, but it won't work. We know you're that lone green dot, Bree.

• Like 1

I visit a lot of sims, looking for great places to take pictures, often I am the lone dot, sometimes there is another one, sometimes because I am a little nuts, I try to make conversation with the person with the other dot. I am not usually afraid of any dots. Today though one scared me a little. This guy TPed me to what he said was his house, claiming to have an opportunity for me to make some money, it soon became apparent he was hoping to receive certain services for free, so I left. Later I was curious so I went back. I saw two dots, one was him, the other another girl. I cammed the girl, she had a gun, and here green dot was headed in the direction of my dot. I TPed back home. I was able to have an interesting conversation with her about the guy, and maybe she then went back and shot him IDK

• Like 2

This explains why there is so often only one dot. That other woman has been shooting guys who proposition woman for sex. Now, I want to talk to her to find out where she got her gun. Or on second thought, I can probably find one on Marketplace. Maybe I'll use silver bullets, so it can take out vampires and werewolves too.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Alycia Blaylock said:

Now, I want to talk to her to find out where she got her gun. Or on second thought, I can probably find one on Marketplace.

Yes lots of guns on Marketplace, with a wide variety of prices, They basically come in two varieties, decorations, and actual SL weapons that can "kill" someone in a sim with damage enabled. I have one of the second type, and when I first rezzed it I got a message warning me about firing it in the wrong place, with a threat of potentially being banned from SL.

I once went to a nice green island to rez and snapshot one of my buildings.  The island allowed rezzing for a short period of time and it was deserted so I rezzed my building and positioned it for the picture.  As I was doing this a 'green dot' turned up and asked what I was doing putting a building on his golf course!  Anyway, when I explained he was fine and let me finish doing my pics.

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It might be me, I'll go to an ocean bottom when I'm having rezz issues

I have a apartment I rent that is on the water, I regularly see dots out in the water. I sometime try to talk to these people, I rarely get any response.

On April 21, 2017 at 2:20 PM, DorianDiaz said:

I have not problem with that if that lonely green point is a girl ;)

Of course she might have a problem with you, I have more than once when taking pictures in some beautiful spot, had the urge to, take some "nature shots" we might call them, just me and the scenery, but if there is another dot in the sim I resist that urge.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Of course she might have a problem with you, I have more than once when taking pictures in some beautiful spot, had the urge to, take some "nature shots" we might call them, just me and the scenery, but if there is another dot in the sim I resist that urge.

I might dress up of a tree then. :D

• Like 1

Won't matter you will still show up as a green dot, now if you want a show get a kitten avi. I have this guy who is my kitten. He gave me his collar and when we are both on I drag him everywhere, That guy probably has a Flickr page full up pictures up my skirt. But I don't care cause he is so darned cute. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.