Annoying Landlord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone know how to deal with Annoying Landlords? Just bought a Parcel, great place, The LandLord came by and we've talked about the property and everything.  The problem is this, I barely can build, because she just hangs, and talks for hours. She also likes to boast about laying the law of the land. anyone know how I can deal with this?

9 minutes ago, VeranniCakes said:

Anyone know how to deal with Annoying Landlords? Just bought a Parcel, great place, The LandLord came by and we've talked about the property and everything.  The problem is this, I barely can build, because she just hangs, and talks for hours. She also likes to boast about laying the law of the land. anyone know how I can deal with this?

Not a whole lot you can do. Politely ask them for some space if you haven't already, perhaps it is just a misunderstanding. I like to imagine this is just a Lonely Resident taking advantage of your attention :D

You can always rent from someone else, there is no shortage of Landlords and Rental Services no matter what size parcel you are renting.

If you're sick of Landlords altogether, go premium and get some land yourself, then you can have as much control/privacy on your parcel as you wish.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VeranniCakes said:

I doubt telling her straight would go down well!

Might be time to move and found a new landlord (that's what I'd do anyway). 

Why don't you try and cut it short and see how they respond. If it continues I'd have a polite conversation with them about it or I'd find a new place to rent. There is definitely not a shortage of property out there.

It sounds like she is being a little intrusive. I can't say I have had a landlord ever behave that way. In my experience with various landlords over the years. Most didn't bother me unless I had a question or issue. Sometimes you'd get the occasional checking in for small talk but they generally wouldn't just pop over without asking.

Short of moving to somewhere else, you could try something like this...

Landord: natter natter natter

You: response to natter plus "Anyway, I must get on. I want to finish this as soon as I can."

And if she says something like, "You carry on. Pretend I'm not here.", you can say something like, "I need to be alone to do it. I find it hard to concentrate with people around. I feel I ought to communicate."

If that sort of thing doesn't work, move to another rental. My guess is that, something like that a few times will convey the impression that, just because you're logged in, and in the rental place, doesn't mean that you want to chat.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 5

can't you just turn off chat and do your thing? I have this same issue, though not with my landlord, but various friends and SL family keep talking to me when i have things I want to accomplish. I have yet to turn off chat, but I always thought that would be my option. Set the auto-response to say whatever it is you are doing and then get to it.

• Like 1

If politely telling your landlord to shove off doesn't get her to leave you alone move else where i've been renting off the same rental company for the best part of 8 years with the exception of the day i rented the mainland plot i've not seen sight nor sound of my landlord and in my previous rental the landlord only bothered me when wanting me to move to another plot on sim to make someone else's plot bigger 

As a landlord I actively avoid encroaching on people's privacy, trying to hold myself to a higher degree of respect than is normal.

It's unlikely I would need to be on someone's parcel, but if I was and a parcel's tenants wanted me to leave I would prefer a clear, unmistakable statement like:

"Thanks for your help, if I need anything I will IM you, bye"

If your landlord can't accept that plain, simple, non-offensive statement then you have a problem.

Remember, the estate's owner and their managers are all immune to ban lines and orbs. A landlord who can't take the above hint to leave is likely to be a landlord who also doesn't respect the red-coloured parcel boundary lines.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 4:23 PM, VeranniCakes said:

I would probably just ride out the tier and look for a new place if I found they couldn't take a hint..

The whole laying the law of the land thing sounds like ego..I would want a place where I don't have to worry about the rug being yanked out from under me because someone is having a bad day.

That's how I would do it for me..Especially when it comes to where I set my stuff..

I don't want to have to worry about anything but the problems I bring on myself..

You may just have to accept that somehow; you've turned your Landlord on..........

That can have benefits, but in the long run it can leave you just feeling used......not that -I- know....maybe :-)

You might try this;

When they first log on and hit you up, start replying with; "Do you have a translator on?  I'm seeing all your IMs in Portuguese or something..."

Edited by Suzanne Weir
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.