Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

We have three in the books, HoneyBear. Only two to go. We can DO this!

I think.

I'm upbeat right now, though. They sent me a new credit card since the old one was about to expire. Just had to order something online and needed the CCV number (on the back).

Before I go on, I should make it clear that although I appear to be a happy-go-lucky transgendered girl, I have a long and rather devious past.

I am, in fact, a Secret Agent. To be honest I guess I have been ever since I was about sixteen years old and read my first James Bond novel. Ever since then I've watched my mirrors when driving—Wait. Is that a real Mission Linen Supply truck passing me? Or is it SMERSH!?

I actually talked to someone long after the fact who had been a girlfriend back then. She told me that I made up stories about the traffic around me being SMERSH or SPECRE in letters I sent way back when. What a maroon, eh?

But in Second Life, I lived it. I started a 'photo story' thread once that was a spy story. I was, no I AM, an agent of the Ministry for Intelligence, Second Life. MISL. Yeah, that's right. I'm a Measlie. Wanna make something of it?

If you aren't one of the four or five brave souls who actually followed that interminable thread you have no idea what I'm talking about. Fear not. You're not crazy or ill-informed. I, on the other hand.....

If you're still with me you get that I like to be a secret agent. And that's why I got so stoked when I turned my new credit card over to read the CCV number.

Double Oh Six. YEAH! Move over, James!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

We have three in the books, HoneyBear. Only two to go. We can DO this!

I think.

I'm upbeat right now, though. They sent me a new credit card since the old one was about to expire. Just had to order something online and needed the CCV number (on the back).

Before I go on, I should make it clear that although I appear to be a happy-go-lucky transgendered girl, I have a long and rather devious past.

I am, in fact, a Secret Agent. To be honest I guess I have been ever since I was about sixteen years old and read my first James Bond novel. Ever since then I've watched my mirrors when driving—Wait. Is that a real Mission Linen Supply truck passing me? Or is it SMERSH!?

I actually talked to someone long after the fact who had been a girlfriend back then. She told me that I made up stories about the traffic around me being SMERSH or SPECRE in letters I sent way back when. What a maroon, eh?

But in Second Life, I lived it. I started a 'photo story' thread once that was a spy story. I was, no I AM, an agent of the Ministry for Intelligence, Second Life. MISL. Yeah, that's right. I'm a Measlie. Wanna make something of it?

If you aren't one of the four or five brave souls who actually followed that interminable thread you have no idea what I'm talking about. Fear not. You're not crazy or ill-informed. I, on the other hand.....

If you're still with me you get that I like to be a secret agent. And that's why I got so stoked when I turned my new credit card over to read the CCV number.

Double Oh Six. YEAH! Move over, James!

I'm sure I would remember that thread if I had followed it. It's just a pleasure to see your imagination and to watch the words from your brain appear on this page.

• Like 4

My week is 66.66666667% over. Today is my Friday, but it's going to be a long one. Driving, and then more driving. Then kids, kids, kids and a few more kids, then a half hour lunch. Then more kids and kids and kids. Then more driving and driving. Finally, I will get to drive (even more, yay) back home and begin my four day weekend.

Don't hate me.

• Like 6

Today is my Friday too, last night sucked except for dancing with Rhonda and I'm trying to get through today with doing as little actual work as possible.

I've applied for a secretary position in my dept which would be a promotion. They started doing interviews yesterday but I haven't been scheduled yet. I'm trying to stay positive that they are just going through the other applicants first because they are already familiar with me.

• Like 9

That makes three of us for whom Thursday is effectively Friday. Me three (as 3ring Binder used to say), although that does mean I have to go in on Sunday, which ain't so much fun. However, only two more weeks and then I start my new job :)

Good luck with the job application, Clover. May your leaves be four instead of three on this one.

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Today is my Friday too, last night sucked except for dancing with Rhonda and I'm trying to get through today with doing as little actual work as possible.

I've applied for a secretary position in my dept which would be a promotion. They started doing interviews yesterday but I haven't been scheduled yet. I'm trying to stay positive that they are just going through the other applicants first because they are already familiar with me.

/me sends massive two-ton goodthinks your way.

• Like 4

Since I was going back through my Flickr for something to post as my Throwback Thursday offering in the Vanity Thread, I found something from 2013 that may raise a chuckle for anyone who needs it:

9620864129_beed58be4b_b.jpg

I bet Han Solo never had that problem... :$

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I am getting a message about my husband's computer recently.

502 Bad Gateway

I promise his is the next one to get an upgrade but he just wants memory and a new GFX card.  He likes his Gateway :(

I've been getting that on the forums periodically for about a week now.  :/

It also appears that the forum likes double posting things - I'm seeing quite a few today

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Non-interview interview (since they already know me) went well. My immediate supervisor asked, even though he admitted it was cliché, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

I basically said "Celebrating the 5th anniversary of you asking me that question." ;) Turns out they think I'm over-qualified in my current position and while a promotion, they think I'll be bored in the other position. They received a lot of apps though so they still have more interviews on Monday, but I should know something by the end of next week.

• Like 10

Glad it appeared to go well, Clover. And ugh, I detest that old 'over-qualified' chestnut. What if you actually want a decently-paid job that is one you can do with your eyes shut? Not everyone has ambitions to become the MD or the CEO. Sometimes it's nice to settle into something that's pleasantly routine for a few years while you catch your breath, sort out your life and then make a decision whether you want to move on or are happy to stay put.

• Like 7