Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Taking off our tinfoil hats and getting back to techy tools, for the Android users there is the app "SmartTools".   Level, ruler, angle measurer, height finder, compass, flashlight, and I don't know what all else.  The Swiss Army Knife for the smartphone.

Is that airline flight spy app available for Android?  What is it??

And Maddy, you can send me some of your excess tape measures.  I'm sure you don't have 26 rooms in your house, so you could spare a few.  I think I have, or had, maybe three or four...but I can only find one reliably, and it is not always in the same place.

Why do we call them "tape measures" anyway?  Who ever uses one to measure tape?  They are, more properly, "measuring tapes."

And just to cap off the tool rant, my Resident Geek needs to cut some plastic sheet.  He looked at his saber saw and drill bits, and decided that the current tools were OK for soft wood, plywood, hardwood, particle board, aluminum, and mild steel...but were not designed to cut plastic.  So he did some research and found drill bits and saw blades that were specifically designed for that.  But...the saw blades use the newer "T shank", and his saber saw is an ancient model that uses the older "U shank" type blades.  This incompatibility caused him to come and make sad puppy eyes at me until I relented and told him that yes, he could buy a new saber saw.  He has now spent more on the tools to cut the plastic sheet than he did on the plastic sheet.

• Haha 1

I know, Rhonda!

Lately the Geek has been making noises about wanting to maybe build an airplane.  I considered letting him...after all, it would mean he'd be in the shop for the next several years instead of underfoot, and then the climax would be where I'd become a wealthy widow following the fiery crash.  On the other hand, it would cost a LOT in materials, and even more in tools.  And then who would keep my computer running? 

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I know, Rhonda!

Lately the Geek has been making noises about wanting to maybe build an airplane.  I considered letting him...after all, it would mean he'd be in the shop for the next several years instead of underfoot, and then the climax would be where I'd become a wealthy widow following the fiery crash.  On the other hand, it would cost a LOT in materials, and even more in tools.  And then who would keep my computer running? 

Tell him, it’s ok so long as it’s an INVISIBLE plane. So neighbors won’t complain. And because Wonder Woman.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Oh. Took me a minute. I guess it could be, but to me that seems like a stretch. The subjects are so odd for a survey.

The hat's real cute on you, though :-).

Well yes that's just how my mind works. Not so much a survey as help with a research paper on history

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Were the posts from last year also the same format?

Not that I can remember which made me think we were being used as lab rats this year.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 2:43 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

Took me a long time to get past Clover's kitty pictures up there; I kind of got fixated on this one. I think if you can look at this without smiling or having an 'aww' moment or whatever you want to call it, you might not be mammalian.

kitten.PNG

Awww I just remembered how much I hate cats

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2