Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

9 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Really I have no problems - it is stable as hell and knows any hardware I throw at it. UPdates go smoothly. Its fine, but the popups tick me off. 

I don't get any popups like you've mentioned.  I wonder if I did when I first got my Windows 10 machine and somehow figured out how to stop them.  I turned off a lot of the Windows 10 automated crap and behind the scenes nuisance things it was doing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Today I learned ...

Men's standard size M pants will almost fit Maitreya hips. 

Good enough for photos at least.

Sounds like you're running into the reverse issue that I've always had: trying to wear female jeans on a male body (because not every guy wants to wear the de rigueur sweatpants that we're all supposed to need so desperately...)

The main issue is the curve at the base of the spine. Typical male bodies don't have as deep a curve there, so when I used to wear standard size 'small' female jeans on Skell's avi, I had to wear some kind of top that covered the fact that the jeans dug halfway into the base of my spine. I should imagine you'll run across the opposite problem: jeans that gape open a bit at the back. A similar thing happens with long female-rigged hair on a male avi: it disappears into the body between the shoulder blades, or of course it has built-in boob-bumps at the front.

I won't weigh in on your 'butch clothing' thread, because a male opinion quite rightly does not really belong there, especially since - in my case - it would be couched along the lines of "I have this problem, too, only using female clothing on a male body", which... well, it's not what that specific thread is about, and it turns the whole conversation toward a male perspective, and I'm respectful enough not to to do that.

That said: I do get it, and I love your new butch look. It suits you so well. Syd (Skell's more 'femme' persona) is geared more towards punky than butch, but I'd suggest looking at the creators who rig for the V-Tech crowd. Since V-tech is the flat chest mod for Maitreya, many of them also include Maitreya rigs for those that don't want to get rid of the boobage. A lot of it is geared more toward the 'cute femboi' style, but the likes of Riot, Krankhaus, Grima, and - on a more historical bent - Hotdog, are all bringing out the occasional more masculine looks.

Also, don't forget the male hair creators. The likes of Stealthic work perfectly with a more butch look, and definitely check out Volthair, whose hair is so good I don't even bother to demo it anymore; I just buy the three colour packs that I always have from them for each new release. As long as it's resizeable, give it a go.

Finally, appliers. My go-to for these is Sn@tch, for things like their Skeletanks and their Debbie Ripped Rocker jeans. As long as you have mesh footwear (there are some fantastic Maitreya-rigged, butch boots out there) and can find a jacket or overshirt, then you have enough '3D-ness' to not look like everything is painted on. (Bear with: I'm feeling pretty under the weather and shaky-handed today, so my words are coming out of god knows where right now... xD)

I recall that Sn@tch has some mesh 'boyfriend jeans' in the store, although - from memory - I think they were standard sizing, so I'm not sure how well they'll sit on a Maitreya body.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

I should imagine you'll run across the opposite problem: jeans that gape open a bit at the back.

The gap isn't horrible and given a pair of "tighty white-ies" it could even fit for the gangsta look.  However, the curve on the female body is so pronounced you have to alpha out the butt as best as you can which leaves the gap opening into a void.  It's hard to explain ... because the waist band is loose you can see the same body section both above and below the waist at the same time. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 1:05 PM, Maureen Boccaccio said:

I've been avoiding Windows 10 for a few years now! :D

Windows was dead to me the day Steve Jobs took back Apple (and the rest is tech history) 🤩

* mic drop

~Sara

Edited by Saravendi

7 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Windows was dead to me the day Steve Jobs took back Apple (and the rest is tech history) 🤩

* mic drop

~Sara

I read a University survey report this year about the old Windows versus Mac wars and they say the responses were unexpected: Most people knew very well that the Mac was superiors and a lot better than Windows and what they didn't realize was how badly Windows sucked. Seriously: those where most respondents' words! LOL

Though Windows 10 is definitely better than any version other than XP - which was their best, macOS is till an amazingly superior experience for me.

• Like 1

I liked the Apple II and Apple III (though less so), but the moment Apple decided to go from an open architecture to a closed one is when I quit using Apple anything. Now Apple has a locked-in customer base who will buy anything Apple puts out whether it's good or not. However, the latest iPhones indicate Apple went a little too far. Sales aren't good and Apple's announced they won't report phone sales as of 2019. Hiding sales information is a big warning sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

extremeism.png

/me snorts. If having a better experience makes me "religious" towards that, then fine - I am religious. Though if this were the case the only reason Android isn't on the chart is that that bar would be so tall the others would all look the same. :)