Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 hour ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

So, remember when we used to gather at the Hangout every Friday evening?  No hired DJ or band...we just danced to whatever was on the juke box.  There was a while when we used to "dress" for the gathering.

Is that something which would interest people nowadays?  (Probably not this Friday for some folks, since it's Good Friday, but...)

(Lexxi took this pic :))

Madelaine, Theia, Janelle, Lexxi, Spike, Rioko, Iz and Chris at the Hangout July 11 2010

I had to look at that pic a good long while to recognize me. I haven't had hair that long, SL or RL, in years. Oh, I looked so young once.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I had to look at that pic a good long while to recognize me. I haven't had hair that long, SL or RL, in years. Oh, I looked so young once.

Must be Ms. Marbach (hope I got the name right). I can not even imagine you with dark hair, which leaves me three candidates. I have never seen you in blue jeans (I wear 'em all the time, you never do) so now I'm down to two. Neither gives me a clue, except maybe the one on the right, in the black—omg is that latex???—looks more domme-ish and I know that was where you started.

Is the other one HER?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Must be Ms. Marbach (hope I got the name right). I can not even imagine you with dark hair, which leaves me three candidates. I have never seen you in blue jeans (I wear 'em all the time, you never do) so now I'm down to two. Neither gives me a clue, except maybe the one on the right, in the black—omg is that latex???—looks more domme-ish and I know that was where you started.

Is the other one HER?

If you click the picture, you'll be taken to Lexxi's Flickr image, which she's captioned. That's me in the lower left. By the end of summer when I was a teen, my hair could be almost that big (if I curled it around soup cans) and almost that blonde.

Theia's showing a lot of cleavage to my left.
Lexxi's in the purple gown.
Janelle is in leather.
Spike's back is to us, dancing with Rio.
Iz is sitting on a barstool.
And the gentleman on the right is the one and only Mr. Chris Norse.

• Like 5

Lexxi's date in the caption is July 2010 meaning my recollection is a bit off—I thought we met after the Secret Santa deal in 2009; must have been 2010. Was the first Hippiestock 2011, then?

And blue jeans! Patched blue jeans at that. Woohoo. Theia showing a lot of cleavage is entirely in character with how I recall her from the Forum convos. Janelle's leather (thank goodness not latex) outfit did make me smile (she doesn't visit the forums these days so she'll never see that. I'm safe). And I never met Chris Norse but just from the way you mentioned him and the fact his avatar seemed quite personalized tells me he is/was someone I might enjoy talking to.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Just another silly question:

Is there any place in SL that you are not welcome any more?

I have not tried to go there lately, but my ex boyfriends bloodlines clan sim banned me, just because I gave the girl who ran it, his girlfriend before me a hard time. Actually all I did was tell her I had left him and she was welcome to have him back, I thought I was being helpful, but she didn't seem to appreciate it. 

• Like 2

I don't use jewelry, but I understand why there is a jewelry market. 

I don't use tats but I grok the SL tat industry. 

What puzzles me is a whole industry for poses. Pose stores everywhere. Every hunt seems to have plenty of pose stores.  I like photographs, have hundreds of photographs of activities, events, and friends, but maybe twice in ten years have I intentionally gone pose shopping - to make a greeting card.

This isnt criticism, it is just puzzlement. I don't get why poses is a thing. 

19 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

I don't get why poses is a thing. 

Vanity.  We like to take pictures of ourselves. 

Something that was just mentioned earlier in the Vanity thread was wind blown hair styles.  These are not intended to be worn around the grid but wow do they make beautiful photos.  If you spend 250L$ on hair you might as well spend another 100L$ for just the right pose.  Shoot, I have a HUD with about 25 poses I use just for changing clothes because I don't like the silly splayed out LL standard pose.  It has been a long time since I shopped specifically for a pose but I do like to see what is out when I go to fashion events.  I may pick up one or two every now and then but I seldom find many good new poses. 

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3