Big black wall?

Snow7512

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone, today I logged into second life to find a huge black wall obstructiong my view of the ocean, thinking it's to block my house to find it's transparent on their side so I can only suggest it's to grief my view :/ I have contacted the land owner and the owner of the object to ask nicly for it to be removed. 

I really can't understand the mentallity of some people to simply ruin someones expirence, that I pay for being a member, if this can't be resolved, I will just simply abandon my land and cancel my sub I can't justify paying for something that makes me feel annoyed. ;(

Snow7512 wrote:

Hey everyone, today I logged into second life to find a huge black wall obstructiong my view of the ocean, thinking it's to block my house to find it's transparent on their side so I can only suggest it's to grief my view
:/
I have contacted the land owner and the owner of the object to ask nicly for it to be removed. 

I really can't understand the mentallity of some people to simply ruin someones expirence, that I pay for being a member, if this can't be resolved,
I will just simply abandon my land
and cancel my sub I can't justify paying for something that makes me feel annoyed. ;(

You do realize that this is probably exactly the thing this person wants to happen?

You have ocean view, which makes your parcel (especially on Mainland) ten times more attractive than a parcel without a nice view. Just like in real life. He hopes you abond your land so that he can get it for cheap and than make profit with it, selling it for more (or keeping it for himself).

Either that or you encountered a random douchebag. Click on the wall and derender it. Don't give in too quick.

It's possible it was a mistake whilst trying to set up a scenic backdrop or something, and if it's invisible on their side they might not even realise it's rezzed.

It could well have been griefing to try to get you to abandon, but it might have been a mistake. /me remembers leaving an eyesore out accidentally when I was new and didn't know to look on the back side for a prim that had disappeared. Learnt two lessons later that week. Walk past where you rezzed (my camming skills were non existent) and beware goods marked Free. :matte-motes-tongue:

Derender can be fun when things are irksome. It turns a problem into a game. Glad you got yours sorted.

if u have parcel boundaries turned on, check to see if it is even slighly encroaching on your property. If it is, you can return it. That goes for sculpted prims too, if the bounding box is at all on your land, you can return it. My neighbor has a 50 prim build that is just over the line on my irregular shaped parcel. I haven't returned it... yet 

Nothing annoys people faster than having something they thought was entirely on their property returned to them.

:)

A screen like the one you describe is something you actually can file an Abuse Report about. File it as "Harassment > Targeted behavior intended to disrupt". There's never any guarantee LL wil act on an abuse report of course and you may have to do it a few times but it's certainly worth a try.

As ChinRey says you can file an abuse report. I have done that twice through the years and both times the item disappeared (the first time long ago it took quite awhile) but the next time it was pretty swift. Both times these were full sim size but if it is actually VERY big (not just a skybox surround) they will do something about it.

And when you DERENDER an object you never want to see again, be sure and use DERENDER + BLACKLIST (this in Firestorm anyway - I don't think derender is in the Linden viewer) so that it will STAY gone to you. This doesn't help OTHERS of course.

And you can always move up above the wall on a pad :D.

Good luck.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

Um, I don't have any big black walls anywhere, big guy. Do you?

You're right cupcake. Last time I looked your preferred griefprim was actually either a row of glowing fullbright cooling towers floating in the air, or a megaprim wall carrying a texture of your ample RL butt. Very mature.

Snow7512 wrote:

They didn't like the zombie spawner, that spawned zombies, whenever someone came within a few meters of my land and muttered BRAINS!!! Wall was removed and was said to be a mistake, with a polite remover the zombies! Haha
;)

His mistake was being a prat when dealing with you :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.