The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I recognize the name, but I can't remember from where.

Well, Wilhiam apparantly became the OP of this thread, whilst I'm certain it was not started  by him ( it was Storm Clarence, I think ), because ... he is me.

If you didn' t know.... now you know .. :D

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2011 at 9:32 PM, Paul Hexem said:

I feel like contributing, too.

Snapshot_003.jpg

... although this photo comes up a lot through this thread, and others too, so I guess at some point when the forums were updated, something got kind of mixed up?!?!

(Not necessarily replying to you here Paul, but I don't think this pic is one of yours, and your original pic is not here.)

I can remember on the previous forums any photos we took were saved somewhere in our profile details. That doesn't happen now. 

I'm just nostalgia tripping going through this thread from it's beginnings 10+ years ago. It's so interesting. 

I miss valerie so much. 

On 6/27/2011 at 4:05 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Thank you for the shop name, Venus! And now here I am, just arrived at VoguE with my bag of lindens! :smileyvery-happy:

Snapshot_002.png

Again, another photo that keeps popping up in this (old) thread.

And I know it isn't Sylvia's original photo that was here.

Cute though.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2011 at 3:24 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Roaming Forgotten City this morning (and ignoring the scary clown in the background)... 

Snapshot_005.jpg

It was probably discussed before, and as usual I am seven years behind (!) the rest of the world. 

Not Sylvia's original photo I know. This av keeps popping up throughout this thread.

Edited by Marigold Devin
I become obsessed with things. Can you tell?
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2011 at 9:56 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

Oki Doki. I just lurv this ♥。♥ "A Dream Realised"

Heaven knows, (pun intended lol), it took me long enough to perfect.. I had to make the wings inworld and all.. (a little rough but hey 🙂

DreamsFlowered.jpgThis is the censored version of course. Extremely low resolution.

Oh and so nice to meet you inworld Storm. (Even though I only said Hi :^) It's so cool meeting people in the pixels. You and Keli look fantastic in a piccie together.

Inspiration gained from Flicker pics such as Maureen Boccaccio's astounding "Falling Petals", Squashy Beeswings exquisitely beautiful faery image and Steven William Rimmer's real world antique masterpiece sketch "Fall Of Day". (think Swan Song/Led Zeppelin).

Wow, this is smashing. Everything about it; the outfit, the lighting, your wonderful blissful expression. I never saw this before. I am so enjoying looking through the photos in this thread. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

... although this photo comes up a lot through this thread, and others too, so I guess at some point when the forums were updated, something got kind of mixed up?!?!

(Not necessarily replying to you here Paul, but I don't think this pic is one of yours, and your original pic is not here.)

I can remember on the previous forums any photos we took were saved somewhere in our profile details. That doesn't happen now. 

I'm just nostalgia tripping going through this thread from it's beginnings 10+ years ago. It's so interesting. 

I miss valerie so much. 

Guess the update made that picture the default for missing pictures?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2011 at 8:17 PM, Perrie Juran said:

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

Now, if you tell me you've also lit some candles and placed flowers somewhere nearby..... oh how the mind wanders.

Wiki

I have planted a whole field for you.

flowers for me?

Oh my.. they are beautiful... thank you.

Thankfully I have wings on today.. or I would certainly be weak in the knees.

Wiki

Is this a "Mid Summer's Night Dream?'  Will I wake up and you will be gone?  Or will you take me even deeper and deeper into this beautiful world?  Will we drink the sweet nectar of love?  Oh that my heart may sing the sweet songs of joy and peace and freedom.  Oh that we might take flight together to worlds unknown where beauty lives unstained by this meager world that we live in.  Oh that we might be free from the binders that chain our hearts.

The flowers danced a dance, though rooted in the ground

With the clouds in the sky they performed a ballet

A crescendo of love as witness to all

Of their approval

Encouraging us as they spin and twirl

To continue down this path

Unfettered in our flight.

If this is a dream then let it never end...

If the dream must end then let our waking moments be as if a dream..

Take me by the hand and show me this place you have drawn me to with words that have stirred my soul and caused my heart to soar.. They are as tempting to me as the warm glow of a light in the midst darkness is to a moth in flight..

Eager to explore the mysterious place ahead.. I reach for your extended hand in anticipation of its warmth.. as it touches mine...a spark passes between us....

Like fireflies floating through a star lit sky.

The moon reflecting off our wings

Giving hint to a life that can be

Free of care and worry

We drift together in the summer air

The warm currents carrying us

To tranquil places in our hearts

Where no darkness dare enter.

Moving slowly through the warm night air

We sway and spin

as if dancing to a melody only we hear

the stars become more vibrant

the air filled with the sweet fragrance of the flowers basking in the moonlight

thoughts of the world below us fade

lost in dreams of what the future holds

All is clear as we dance

Sharing in this great romance

A golden light upon us shines

As our souls do entwine

The purest melody ever heard

In our hearts begins to stir

The melody grows with each step we take

We are caught up in its wake

Surrendering to its soothing call

We know our love shall never fall

As the sun beings to rise

we become lost in each others eyes

Feeling all the love hidden there

not a word yet do we share

I reach my hand to touch your face

as you pull me in to your warm embrace

Drifting slowly back to the field below

we touch down in loves warm glow

Anxious to see what this day has in store

and knowing our love will be evermore

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes

The Sun applauds in the sky

As She beholds the sight below

New lovers basking in Her glow

Her light confirms that this is real

Her warmth upon us we do feel

I lean forward and gently kiss

The beauty of your smiling lips

Your warm and tender kiss

makes my heartbeat go amiss

Having wanted it from the moment we met

I think to myself.. dont let it end yet

Time seems to hold its place

as we kiss in our loves embrace

Our arms wrapped around each other

we pause for a moment then I whisper...

please may I have another?

Gazing with wonder in your eyes

Sparkling like stars in the sky

I marvel at the love I've found

Our feet no longer touch the ground

Entwined together in this embrace

I lean forward to close the space

To share with you in this bliss

"Yes" I nod, and then we kiss

I have tears running down my face, and I truly don't know if they're from being amused by this or deeply moved. I guess I didn't know Perrie could be so ... romantic. 

Very very sweet, from the initial photos all this grew. 

*sighs*

Happy Valentines! (slightly early but we're in the right month).

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

I miss valerie so much. 

Pictures on these forums posted prior to them moving to this Invision stuff - somewhere around 2016/2017, I think -- are often messed up.  The Question/Answer section is also all messed up for older things - the question itself is often missing, with the first answer actually shown as the question.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2011 at 6:17 AM, valerie Inshan said:

Cool little car you have and you look gorgeous as always, Cat! :smileyhappy:

fridge.jpg

What a surprise I got when I found one of my photos in this thread. Credited to dear val. This is me in my little mainland home with my dear friend Fi being gobbled up by the fridge. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So back when SL was pretty glitchy I managed to break it during 2008. I was actually able to get underneath the solid ground that objects otherwise couldn't pass through and I saw SL's version of 'Blue Hell'.

In most cases objects would fly back up like a rubber-band and you couldn't get through (if you tried to move them under the ground). I couldn't tell if it was the scripting of the vehicle or it's general shape that caused the glitch but for awhile I was flying underneath and it was an experience.

Under Second Life. (A.K.A. Blue Hell).png

Then there was another glitch where if you tried to crouch and held the key down as you ran your avatar would 'zoom' across the map like it was shot from a cannon then return back to it's original spot when you let go of the key.

There is so much I can say on this, SL itself is a engineering marvel. It uses a modified version of the Havok engine which is ancient by today's standards. There's elements of platforming and momentum your av gets. Granted it's very little.

Amazing how it can run all of this knowing how much of a ambitious project SL is. I'm not sure most people realize what goes into SL's technical side of things to get it working.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.