Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, Hippie Bowman said:

Hey hey! Happy Friday fun seakers! Just got back from a fantastic vacation on a houseboat! So fun!

Peace!

20200813_090943.jpg

Looks like a fun trip.  Did you see some wildlife like alligators or snakes?  I bet the birdwatching was fabulous.

/me tosses a log on the fire and stirs the coals

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Looks like a fun trip.  Did you see some wildlife like alligators or snakes?  I bet the birdwatching was fabulous.

/me tosses a log on the fire and stirs the coals

Yes! Tons of alligators.  Lots of birds and fish. We swam in the spring and as we were about to enter the boat 2 gators swam up very close to us! A bit unnerving!

Peace!

• Like 3

Just thought I would stop by the forums and get cozy by the fire for a bit before I head to bed and try to rest. The last two days I've spent going back and forth to the vet for my cat. Now that I can finally relax it seems sleepiness is alluding me. I guess I'm still anxious. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hey, <_> you know despite being in SL since off and on 2007ish - i'm rarely on the forums lmao. 
Stopping by, been at my computer waiting for text messages from the fam - mom's been in hospital for her asthma tonight...
I'm overdoing myself by trying to finish making music for my set tomorrow...

Aaaaand get my products ready for energy weekend XD

❤️ and Orangemikan, hope your cat gets better ❤️ 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tokyo Enyo said:

Hey, <_> you know despite being in SL since off and on 2007ish - i'm rarely on the forums lmao. 
Stopping by, been at my computer waiting for text messages from the fam - mom's been in hospital for her asthma tonight...
I'm overdoing myself by trying to finish making music for my set tomorrow...

Aaaaand get my products ready for energy weekend XD

❤️ and Orangemikan, hope your cat gets better ❤️ 

Thanks. He is now. He's home now thank goodness. Urethral obstruction is one hell of a scary thing for male kitties and surprisingly common according to my vet. 

On a less serious note, I learned far more about cat genitalia than I ever wanted to know. 

Edited by theorangemikan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

I would have a hard time ending a vacation like that.  

I've had an impossible time starting one.

My last real vacation was in 2007, when I spent two weeks in Hawaii. The last one before that was my belated honeymoon, in 1993.

I'm just about due.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've had an impossible time starting one.

My last real vacation was in 2007, when I spent two weeks in Hawaii. The last one before that was my belated honeymoon, in 1993.

I'm just about due.

I would say you're overdue!  

We don't do large fancy vacations, but the hardest thing this year was not being able to do all the little 3  - 5 day trips during the summer with different members of the family.  I hardly drive my car the majority of the year, but can drive a couple thousand miles in the summer with the various trips.  The driving to and from part of the trip, and whom I'm traveling with,  is as important as wherever it is that we're going. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

WTH ?!?!?!?!  2020 just keeps on sucking. Apparently we are going straight from summer to winter this year

image.png.49b3286db81d6666b9b4fc7f43d9164b.png

That is a crazy 24 hour change!   

I'm a summer warm-weather person, and even a 10 degree drop between one day and the next make me sad - I don't think I could handle a change like that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moira Timmerman said:

That is a crazy 24 hour change!   

I'm a summer warm-weather person, and even a 10 degree drop between one day and the next make me sad - I don't think I could handle a change like that. 

Every now and then we get really large temp swings.  Drives me nuts.  By the following weekend it will be back to the low 80s.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Just tossing out a pre-emptive "I'm not missing."  I've been evacuated from my home due to wildfires.  I have a place to go and places for all my animals.   I packed the important stuff and have a plan.   I'll be back when I can and hopefully I'll still have my home when it's all over.

CInn

Stay safe -- and thanks for the update.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Just tossing out a pre-emptive "I'm not missing."  I've been evacuated from my home due to wildfires.  I have a place to go and places for all my animals.   I packed the important stuff and have a plan.   I'll be back when I can and hopefully I'll still have my home when it's all over.

CInn

Take care, and here's hoping that your neighborhood and your house are just as you left them, when you are able to return.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 12:25 AM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

CInn

I am glad you are safe Cinnamon.  I saw your Facebook post.  I am hoping all turns out good for you and yours!

Peace!

• Like 1

I'm around i just gotta go to work tonight.

To those being "soft" and normal evacuations all over the USA For the wildfires, i'm not ignoring you - i'm thinking of you all. I have friends and family over there still, and i think several of them are on evacuation. 

I saw on a map there's a fire up in northern minnesota, that's my home state and can we not start EVERY state on fire just because?  People have lives to lead XD

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.