Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

Good morning, Hippie!

I woke up to pee around 6AM and scanned the news on my iPad after crawling back under the covers. The Washington Post ran an article about iguanas falling out of trees in Florida due to the cold weather. The following line terrified me...

In South Florida, the cooler temperatures also affect sea turtles, manatees and other animals that live in trees.

Holy hell, I don't think there's an umbrella (or roof) strong enough to deflect a falling manatee. I was so worried about you and Ladysue I couldn't sleep.  Fortunately it was an error, has been corrected (evidence of the error remains in the comments section), and I was able to get another hour of shuteye.

Watch your step today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Good morning, Hippie!

I woke up to pee around 6AM and scanned the news on my iPad after crawling back under the covers. The Washington Post ran an article about iguanas falling out of trees in Florida due to the cold weather. The following line terrified me...

In South Florida, the cooler temperatures also affect sea turtles, manatees and other animals that live in trees.

Holy hell, I don't think there's an umbrella (or roof) strong enough to deflect a falling manatee. I was so worried about you and Ladysue I couldn't sleep.  Fortunately it was an error, has been corrected (evidence of the error remains in the comments section), and I was able to get another hour of shuteye.

Watch your step today.

Hahaha! Falling manatees! Now I have heard everything! I am glad it was a mistake! Now if an iguana fell out of a tree and landed on me, I would scream like a little girl and run! /me shudders!

Peace!

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm going to keep my promise to LittleMe. Yes, yes I am. I will not mention anything, so there's nothing to get any of you down, nothing to dread, nothing to wish would never come.

I hope you all have a wonderful endless weekend.

But not endless in the sense that this is the last weekend you ever enjoy.

Happy Saturday, Kids!!

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, GoSpeed Racer said:

This is amazing, the things you find when you go don the Youtube rabbit hole.  A melody based on a Rolling Stones song later used by the Verve in 1997 (Bittersweet Symphony)

Cool. I thought that name was familiar and I was right, but when I saw it on the back of so many Rolling Stones albums he  had it as Andrew LOOG Oldham. He, of course, produced the original of this, as well as most of the  Stone's stuff in the 60's.

• Like 1

I've been home all day with an upset stomach - and was tossing and turning most of the night because of it.  Not truly nauseous, just out of sorts - almost like being seasick, though I'm definitley on land.  It finally seems to be settling down - maybe it was just last night's dinner not agreeing with me for some reason.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been home all day with an upset stomach - and was tossing and turning most of the night because of it.  Not truly nauseous, just out of sorts - almost like being seasick, though I'm definitley on land.  It finally seems to be settling down - maybe it was just last night's dinner not agreeing with me for some reason.

Ear infection?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Ear infection?

No, not a bit of an ear ache, nor are my sinus messed up at all.  I have been bouncing back and forth between slightly chilled and slightly warm.  Maybe a super mini version of a type of flu - it is going around.

• Sad 2