Identity "protection" prims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I was out today, and a pair of women walked by with these on. Big sculpted prims surrounding their bodies that supposedly keep people from inspecting them, and alert them that people are trying...

How is it possible people sitll buy these things?

I'm tempted to make one, just so I can get in on the scam. It'll be mesh, so therefore it'll be the best working one! Ha...

Lmao, I used to make those years ago as a gag to make fun of one of my friends who was obsessed with not wanting others to "look like" her.

Maybe I should put them back out there, it's not surprising there's a market for them, despite the fact that they are ineffective.  People are so weird, lol.

Gadget Portal wrote:

So, I was out today, and a pair of women walked by with these on. Big sculpted prims surrounding their bodies that supposedly keep people from inspecting them, and alert them that people are trying...

How is it possible people sitll buy these things?

When you combine three factors you get the perfect storm that is common in SL:

1. Gullible lack of intellect in a critical thinking way.

2. Paranoia about drama resulting from a belief that they're the center of things.

3. A belief that they are cutting edge that actually causes them to fall way behind on the technology curve (false perception that no one has caught up, let alone passed them by. The "Phoenix / Firestorm / Emerald" community suffers from about half its users having this - who then try to hold the other half back).

- This all just leads to the mess we see so often in SL with crazy things like this.

Gadget Portal wrote:

I'm tempted to make one, just so I can get in on the scam. It'll be mesh, so therefore it'll be the best working one! Ha...

Make yours fitted mesh to it "conforms to attempts to cam in and inspect" with "Active Guard Anti-Inspect". :P

Venus Petrov wrote:

I've seen this only a couple of times and it's silly.

Indeed so. My mouse pointer is often traveling all over my computer's screen, eagerly sniffing, touching, clicking and inspecting things - no silly shield will stop it. One time it was inspecting nicely designed nipple worn by a beach goer. In no time at all an IM popped up: "Did you like my nipple?"

What the heck! :smileysurprised:

What's the purpose of wearing a nipple which has a touch script on it?

Perhaps just for fun, to freak out the nosy ones? :smileytongue:

Coby Foden wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Indeed so. My mouse pointer is often traveling all over my computer's screen, eagerly sniffing, touching, clicking and inspecting things - no silly shield will stop it. One time it was inspecting nicely designed nipple worn by a beach goer. In no time at all an IM popped up: "Did you like my nipple?"

But I thought the purpose of nipples was to be touched and played with, to be kissed and suckled and now you've got my mind running...................

Coby Foden wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Well is it possible someone has something for the look of it and lacks the knowledge on how to descript it, or its no mod...

But in such a case, buyer beware - need to know what you're broadcasting onto other people's screens.

To take a legal doctrine and apply it in the wrong context... ( :P ) If you put up an "attractive nuissance" you gotta realize you're going to be dealing with trespassers.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

To take a legal doctrine and apply it in the wrong context... (
:P
) If you put up an "attractive nuissance" you gotta realize you're going to be dealing with trespassers.

I like this!

And actually last night I accidentally clicked on someones Mega T*ts and got a verbal rebuff in local chat.

Mega T*ts are not my thing and I really was trying to alt cam to the dance ball.  I just missed when her things bounced in my way.

Perrie Juran wrote:

And actually last night I accidentally clicked on someones Mega T*ts and got a verbal rebuff in local chat.

... and some people are still telling that "Second Life is not like Real Life".  :matte-motes-big-grin: :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

Coby Foden wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

... and some people are still telling that "Second Life is not like Real Life".  :matte-motes-big-grin: :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

This does bring up a good question: Is there a point in SL where you have implied inviting being clicked on that differs from the RL social rule that has no such point?

In real life how you dress is not an invitation to be 'manhandled' - SL has a number of key differences and you can do things to your appearance in SL that you cannot do in RL.

With most of these 'attachments' one can disable various touch response scripts.

If you get into an elevator and accidently brush against someone else physically - that's not harrassment. If you get in there and push up against them and start 'going through a routine' to increase friction... well that's a whole other story.

And if the person in the elevator had surgically implanted an audo file that played out 'Ooo Baby!' upon said contact, accidental or otherwise... That's just not reality. But it is SL.

SL is a click and visual playground. You get all these things popping up on your screen and have to click them and cam around, through, and onto them. We then actively put ourselves onto other people's computer screens (presuming a public encounter here and not some bloke camming into your SL house then clicking on you).

You kind of have to expect to get clicked on.

Its kind of frustrating when nobody is clicking on you. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.