Lingeries

zaylene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Panties -- or at least glitch pants -- are a good idea in either RL or SL. (Think of Mary Poppins, then look up the next time someone in a flexi skirt comes in to land.)

A bra isn't a bad idea for mildly paranoid women who are not yet used to changing clothes in public. 

zaylene wrote:

Do people actually wear lingeries (bras and panties) under their clothes?

Not all.

I've a friend who wears her superhero costume under her clothes, just in case.

I'd wear a pair of coveralls with a toolbelt, just in case.

I don't worry about people seeing a pixelated painting of private bits I bought for a quarter from someone I've never heard of before. As my friends will tell you, I have far more effective ways of humiliating myself.

Some do, but most of the women I know, including myself usually don't, except for panties under skirts or perhaps hose for fashion as part of an outfit.  There really is no need for it unless you want to strip to your underwear but even then you can do this by simply wearing the lingerie to replace the other clothes your wearing if you have mastered the art of changing outfits in public or quickly in private.

The exception would be to wear something if you are wearing mesh or sculpted clothes and don't want to flash people.  When you arrive your mesh/sculpties may not rez instantly or sometimes at all for some people looking at you.  It doesn't have to be lingerie though, pasties work as well as masks which are either alpha's for mesh clothes, or flesh colored covers for sculpts or mesh where no alpha layer is needed.

Of course you may want to invest in some pretty things if you want to participate in 'best of lingerie" contests some clubs have, for wearing in private times with a partner, or if you are a bit of an exhibitionist just to go around in it.:smileywink:

It is always a safe bet dependent on what else is worn. If mesh or layers fail you are still covered. Although some are not really bothered.

Oh and there is always the barrels,  just pick the right size (splinters you know)

zaylene wrote:

Do people actually wear lingeries (bras and panties) under their clothes?

I certainly do not wear any lingerie under my mesh bikinis.  I trust my luck that the mesh will rez ok for all. :matte-motes-big-grin:

As for the other stuff:
With system clothes it seems quite useless to wear any lingerie.
Under prim clothes and mesh clothes [except the bikinis] I like to wear lingerie.

I wear underwear in SL. Also in RL :)

When I am wearing skirts in SL i always wear panties. Else, someone can look up the skirt. Same as RL. In SL, anyone can manipulate the camera to look up a skirt on someone who is standing or sitting, particularly if it is relatively short (just above the knees).

I wear bras (and panties under pants) in SL just because I like to, even though no one can see. I can't explain why. It is just like I wear good looking underwear in RL eventhough no one will see it. In RL I have a large collection of bras and panties, all of them nice quality. Same in RL.

• Like 1

My avi does not wear underwear. I wear underwear in Real Live for comfort, but that is not a factor in SL. (As a male I don't wear lingerie, of course).

I have seen female avis wearing skirts without panties or glitch pants. It is very easy to position my camera to see under the skirt of  a woman sitting or standing.  I wouldn't mind seeing the same in RL, but I don't think I will :matte-motes-big-grin: 

But I know that women wear sexy bras that no one will see, so I can understand women wearing bras on their avis even though they can't be seen and they serve no function.

RobertThorp wrote:

My avi does not wear underwear. I wear underwear in Real Live for comfort, but that is not a factor in SL. (As a male I don't wear lingerie, of course).

I have seen female avis wearing skirts without panties or glitch pants. It is very easy to position my camera to see under the skirt of  a woman sitting or standing.  I wouldn't mind seeing the same in RL, but I don't think I will :matte-motes-big-grin: 

But I know that women wear sexy bras that no one will see, so I can understand women wearing bras on their avis even though they can't be seen and they serve no function.

What does being a Male have to do with not wearing lingerie?

I always wear a bra and panties. As has been mentioned, you should always wear panties or pants under a skirt. But I like to wear nice lingerie on SL. I can't explain why any more than I can explain why I wear nice looking lingerie in RL when nobody will see it. But I do, in RL and SL.

Bob, you should try a thick padded C cup bra. You will find a much bigger selection. I am sure you will look just charming with some good size boobs, particularly if you have a beard.:matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

I always wear lingerie - bra, panties, usually a cami. I make my own clothes, including lingerie. I like making very realistic (down to the strap adjustment slider, etc) usually with lace, so I wear it, even though no one can see it. Same in RL-I wear very nice looking, feminine bras, often with lace, even though no one knows. 

I work with Bob - he introduced me to SL. But I can't stop laughing at the thought of him walking into the office with big breasts :)

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.