Suggestion: Account Status Badge for Premium Accounts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On the my.secondlife profiles, there is a space in the upper right-hand corner for an account status badge. Linden Lab Employees, Beta Residents, Concierge, Lifetime Members, and Charter Members possess these badges on their my.secondlife profiles. The profiles are set up to have Resident and Premium account status badges, but the badges are not used.

The Resident accounts do not need an account status badge since every account in Second Life is a user, or "Resident", but the Premium account status badges should exist! An account status badge on my.secondlife profiles of Premium accounts would be an advantage of Premium Membership! It just gives another reason to upgrade from a Basic account to a Premium account!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE JIRA PAGE AND VOTE!

I don't need no stinking badge! I would much rather get the services that LL promises from being a premium member. Which I don't. I left premium membership when I had a problem with billing and was told to file a ticket. I can do that being basic. Anyway personally I don't use the my secondlife web pages and its no ones business whether I am premium or basic. Is getting a badge really a reason to go premium? I think not. Sorry.

Why ? So other can see it and and be nosey at same time,, why would any one want other to know less you can set off so noone can see it I don't just see a need for it ,, looks to me its just showing off much us don't want ppl to know and why could they know my status if they can see it,, I think it a bad ideal.

Sorry totally disagree.  We don't need things that make one group of people feel superior to another group. What's the point of that?

Just because someone pays a few bucks a month doesn't make them anything special.  I know plenty of people that are not premium members that enrich LL way more than premium members do because of the fees they pay for various things and/or commissions they pay on their MP sales.  A lot of people are premium members only for the free linden homes and gifts.  What about the people that don't have Linden homes and pay substantially higher tiers and actually buy things and contribute to the economy rather than rely on freebies?

Obviously LL employees need to be identified.  The categories for beta, life and charter members are valid too as these folks have been in SL since the earliest days and have stuck with it.  It was their willingness to be in SL during those first days and put up with a lot of problems that got SL off the ground. Not sure if concierge is even used anymore.  I checked a few of my friends profiles that I know get concierge level service and don't see a badge on their profiles.

Christopher Organiser wrote:

An account status badge on my.secondlife profiles of Premium accounts would be an advantage of Premium Membership! It just gives another reason to upgrade from a Basic account to a Premium account!

Badge an advantage?  A reason to upgrade, because of the badge?  Are you serious?  Hmm... :smileyfrustrated:

No badges. Thank you.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

Badges.JPG

While it might be fun...

People without the badge would probably start hassling people with it for being 'mainlanders', and people with it would start hassling those those without it for being 'freeloaders'... and it would just lead to yet another avenue for false drama...

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

While it might be fun...

People without the badge would probably start hassling people with it for being 'mainlanders', and people with it would start hassling those those without it for being 'freeloaders'... and it would just lead to yet another avenue for false drama...

thats the first thing that came to my mind when i read the OP..

drama that would be for no other reason than someone being or not being premium..

payment info drama is bad enough lol

Doesn't sound to  me like any profitable advantage at all....a bigger lot  of land and a better house for upgrading to premium,? great. A bigger weekly stipend? it would be great too, but a badge, no  thanks. Besides the fact that I dont want people to know more than the info displayed in my inworld profile, it would lead to more "High school drama"

i think that badges arent a bad thing for those who want them

as long as we can turn them off then is ok

is like how profiles work inworld. some people have them turned on. some not. same like the wall. some show. some not. is all good either way

we not all the same

badges, like public levelling up or down, is only bad when we got no choice about it i think

can argue that they just another form of player shaping, entitlement and/or dwama. but so what really. as long as we not forced/coerce to play ourselfs then what does it matter if someone else wants to wear their badge/level title. is not like they get any superpowers or anything

Irene Muni wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Sorry, but being Premium doesn't make anyone special.

False. Only if you are Premium you can 
ask yourself
whether it would be
better to be
Ba
sic
:D;)

And having always been basic I always get to ask myself if it would be better to be premium.

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

This idea takes me back to when I thought it would be a great idea to buy a shiny Sheriff badge from the toy store and try to boss everyone around while wearing it, their response was to give me a wedgy and leave me hanging by the waist band.

omg that was you?!!! :smileylol:

I would do you one even better Christopher, no free accounts period. Perhaps a platinum premium that allowed up to 5 extra avatars for use in business, etc. Everyone would get a stipend that amounted to something on their account. Since LL decided to let anyone and everyone play free, it has created insurmountable problems. Its way too easy to create an account for 15 minutes of griefing, or whatever else malicious they do.

Back in the day, before free accounts, SL was an incredible place to be. Great clubs that did not have to pay people to show up and enjoy their establishment and entertainment. People did not get into drama or cause problems for fear of being banned. People had money to spend, and most were not looking for handouts.

Now most people keep to themselves, because they have met so many wackos and creeps, no one really cares to form longstanding friendships any longer.

Just my feelings, i would go back to the way things used to be here in a heartbeat, and gladly pay for it.

• 1 year later...

My comments are in blue, and embedded within the quote of your post.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Sorry totally disagree.  We don't need things that make one group of people feel superior to another group. What's the point of that?

Just because someone pays a few bucks a month doesn't make them anything special.
Yes it does. I pay a few bucks a month and I'm special.
 I know plenty of people that are not premium members that enrich LL way more than premium members do because of the fees they pay for various things and/or commissions they pay on their MP sales.  A lot of people are premium members only for the free linden homes and gifts.  What about the people that don't have Linden homes and pay substantially higher tiers and actually buy things and contribute to the economy rather than rely on freebies?

Obviously LL employees need to be identified.  The categories for beta, life and charter members are valid too as these folks have been in SL since the earliest days and have stuck with it.
So being here a long time time merits a badge but not those who pay? That doesn't make any sense to me.
  It was their willingness to be in SL during those first days and put up with a lot of problems that got SL off the ground. Not sure if concierge is even used anymore.  I checked a few of my friends profiles that I know get concierge level service and don't see a badge on their profiles. 

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

While it might be fun...

That sounds like a good plan :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.