For a chance to be featured, upload your videos on the following Google form: Get Featured on Second Life Socials - Submission Form
What kind of videos are you looking for?
We’re looking for short video content that meets the following criteria:
- Filmed in Second Life
- Under 60 seconds in length (we prefer around 15 seconds)
- Under 100MB
- Preferred file type is .mp4
- We prefer it to be in Portrait size with an aspect ratio of 9:16 (1080x1920), but we will accept any ratio and size up to 16:9 (1920x1080.)
What will you do with my videos and how will they be used?
We may share them on our official Second Life TikTok and Instagram accounts. We may also share them on other Second Life social networks and use them to promote your work in Second Life. Please read and agree to the rules at the bottom of the form when submitting.
What kind of content can I share in the video?
You can share any Second Life related content, including and not limited to: fun dance videos, what you create in Second Life, what you do in Second Life, you can promote your brand, your event, your destination, your blog, or any other Second Life related content. We are looking for fun and quirky videos that may use trending sounds on Instagram Reels or TikTok and showcase Second Life beautifully. A good example of that would be this video by Grace Ashwell or our SL Dance Challenge video. We’re looking for creativity and enthusiasm and we want to feature you and your content!
What if I don’t make videos? How else can I get featured?
We have a few other Feature Programs currently running that you can try for:
- Spotlight - We have been interviewing Residents for our Spotlight Feature Program. For a chance to be interviewed, please fill out the signup form. We send 5 to 8 questions via email and request lots of visual content (images and videos) to be featured alongside the answers. See examples of previous Spotlight posts for the layout and style.
- Second Life Destination Guide - For a chance to have your destination featured on the guide, submit your spot via the web suggestion form. Remember to read the Destination Guide info page for tips to get featured in Editors’ Picks and the Destinations Floater in the viewer.
- Second Life Blogger Network - If you are a blogger or vlogger you can sign up for a chance to have your posts featured on SLBN. Read this blog post for more info about this program and the submission form.
- Second Life Pic of the Day through our Flickr Group - Images chosen for pic of the day are featured on our Inworld Blog and our Socials. Please read the group rules before submitting your images to the group.
- Second Life Instagram Stories - We often feature Residents in our Instagram Stories. For a chance to be featured, tag the @SecondLife Instagram account when sharing your content to your Instagram page and we may feature it in our Story of the day. You can also use the #SecondLife and #SLFeature hashtags, as we watch both of them. See some previous features in our #SLFeature Highlight. Some of our Instagram Stories also get featured on our Facebook Page Stories.
- Second Life Twitter Retweets - Tag the @SecondLife account on Twitter when posting safe content and we may retweet it to our account if we think it would be informative and beneficial to the community. You can also use the #SecondLife hashtag as we keep an eye on that as well.
Please remember when submitting content to be featured in any of our programs, you are not guaranteed exposure and are subject to the terms and conditions listed on each program’s page.
If you have more questions about any of our Feature Programs, please send them to Strawberry Linden at email@example.com.
*** Please note that we have updated this post and the submission form in May of 2022. ***