All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 2048 sqm parcel with Yara treehouse. Furniture is new, and good, with auto-adjusting animations. The parcel has trees bordering it on the ground, and a winter skybox set up already for you to use. You can keep or return the items, it's your choice! Located in Wensley, moderate rated region. Very pretty area. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wensley/206/221/48
  3. @Bubblesort Triskaidekaphobiaif my enjoyment of SL involved music production or video, I definitely would need a better setup. Those are specialized tech needs. My mid range computer does fine for photography and has a solid connection. I rarely crash and people (and their clothes) rez quickly. My fps is usually between 30 and 70. I normally run one notch below the ultra graphics setting and 200+ draw distance if the region isn't too crowded. I'll go for the higher settings temporarily for a photo. I consider myself an average SL user. One of the ones we'll need to encourage to increase numbers inworld. The forum has a lot of very tech savvy people, as it should since people come here for advice. I have a feeling, if we looked at the makeup of today's user base, that most residents are just like me. Midrange is fine for a large number of people.
  4. It’s an 11900k, 64gb of ram and 16gb a770 at its core. Overall cost to build was around $1400? Nothing crazy Though this things primary purpose isnt sl, sl runs on anything. My partners PC I assembled for them as an upgrade is an i5 11400F with 32gb of ram and a GTX titan X pascal. And they still play in 1600x1200 so it doesn’t matter, at all. But I have a lot of hardware in general, it’s a hobby, there’s like 30 video cards on shelves in my living room. SL will comfortably play on some very low end hardware. I play this game at max settings in 4k all the time, but most people I imagine are like my partner and will put the game into toaster mode visually in 1080p or lower resolutions just because they don’t care if the shadows look pretty, or are even there. And with that performance target in mind, you could get SL playing well on your average cheap used business laptop from a few years ago, entry level desktop hardware, sub $500 used PC builds, etc.
  5. Scars add character. I would much rather see a scar and the story behind it (like you are role playing) or adding mystery to an avatar. I wear that one to.
  6. I recently learned of an underground singer-songwriter, Wesley Willis in the outsider music genre. I couldn't stop thinking about his music. I have to make a photoshoot inspired by one of his songs.
  7. yeah agree. I have a hard time with lelutka hud sometimes
  8. You can only have 1 partner on SL. (So far)
  9. I'm going Bananas (Sooner Or Later) Blog: https://dluvsl.wordpress.com Insta: https://www.instagram.com/dluvsl
  10. I built mine in December of 2019, right before hardware prices went thorugh the roof. I spent $700. Since then, I upgraded the video board to a 12Gb 3060, to run Stable Diffusion and experiment with LLAMA and other AI stuff. I also got a gaming monitor with 1ms latency, and 165mhz refresh a little while ago because it was on sale on Amazon for like $75 or something stupid. I think it was for prime day. I don't expect to need to upgrade again for a long time, because it seems like developers are only just now learning to use my hardware's capacity, with multi-threading and CUDAs and all that stuff. Ryzen 7 2700X 32Gb 3000mhz RAM RTX3600 with 12Gb VRAM 1TB, and two 2TB SSDs AX WiFi with good AX router (sent the crappy Verizon router back) @Cinnamon Mistwood is right, though. You don't really need a high end system to game. You certainly don't need a high end system for SL. I think SL users usually do have high end systems, though, because SL users are usually digital creatives. Most of us at least attempt to use Blender at some point. I'm not an expert in anything Adobe, but I am competent with most of the common adobe programs. I tinker with photography, graphics, video editing, music production, and all that fun stuff. Sometimes I'm making stuff for SL, sometimes I'm making it for fun. I do web scripting and some programming for fun, too. I think most SL users are like that. A lot of us aren't, though, and there is nothing wrong with that at all! It's great that SL can run on a potato. Most of us just don't really take advantage of that feature.
  11. LOL Totally agree. I also find it interesting that some of the same people that complained that it would show Premium Plus status on their profile or POF have no issue at all revealing what their computer set up is like and how much it cost. Also the original post question has nothing to do with SL at all so not sure why it's allowed.
  12. Yes! I recommend the * Teegle * group, Teegle Events group, and Bellisseria Riding Club group 😄
  13. 1200-1500 build your own PC will be good for SL. SL is diminishing return too I recently rebuilt my system I did back in 2012 and went from a gtx1080 to a rtx 3070, Barely a difference in FPS performance But because I do alot of video was worth it for rendering. Point is you don't need to get to crazy to build a decent machine for SL
  14. Oh, I also use Erin. Not sure if it was free or I bought it. lol
  15. Today
  16. Objects on your HUD are in isometric perspective, which means it's impossible to make a 3d HUD that perfectly points at an object and doesn't look a little off, but exaggerating the closeness of the target when it's in front of you seems to work decently: key inworld_object = "a10a343b-ec44-cd27-1898-3c15d8f4622b"; float distance_factor_forwards = 0.1; float distance_factor_backwards = 1.0; rotation rINTRINSIC; // see https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/472730-rotations/?do=findComment&comment=2713790 for how to set this value propperly. uLookAt(vector direction, float roll) // to look at a specific position in-world, set direction to (position-llGetPos()) { rotation look = // inline YPR2Rot() llAxisAngle2Rot(<1,0,0>, roll) * llAxisAngle2Rot(<0,1,0>, -llAtan2(direction.z,llVecMag(<direction.x,direction.y,0>)) )* llAxisAngle2Rot(<0,0,1>, llAtan2(direction.y,direction.x) ) ; llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast((llGetNumberOfPrims()>1), // root prim being 0 or 1 is dumb. [ PRIM_ROT_LOCAL, (ZERO_ROTATION/rINTRINSIC)*look ]); } default { state_entry() { rINTRINSIC = llEuler2Rot(DEG_TO_RAD*<0,270,0>); llSetTimerEvent(1.0); } timer() { if(llGetPermissions()&PERMISSION_TRACK_CAMERA) { vector pObj = llList2Vector(llGetObjectDetails(inworld_object,[OBJECT_POS]),0); vector point_to = llWorldPosToHUD(pObj); vector pCam = llGetCameraPos(); point_to.x *= llVecMag(pObj-pCam); // position results for objects behind the camera are funny. if(point_to.x<0) { point_to.z = -point_to.z; point_to.y = -point_to.y; point_to.x *= distance_factor_backwards; }else { point_to.x *= distance_factor_forwards; } uLookAt(point_to-llGetLocalPos(), 0.0 ); }else { llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRACK_CAMERA); } } }
  17. I gave Lilly a go when that was given out. Though once I got Avalon, that became my go to. I also grabbed most of the free ones since then, but I keep coming back to Avalon. A couple alts also use Ceylon, and that has some nice looks. My Star Trek RP alt uses Milan, and she looks pretty good with it.
  18. lol. Is this whole thread just a way for people to measure their...? A mid-range laptop will run SL just fine. No one needs to spend $3000 to login and have a great time. It's like those posts bragging about 300fps. To quote one of our frequent forum posters, "That's nice." Maybe we could argue about what's most important for a good experience instead of how much we spent. Video cards? Memory? Internet connection? Cooling fans?
  19. This thread reminds me of Christina Aguilera's "Dirty" video.
  20. The main PC gaming rig I use to run SL was pre-built back when finding a 3000-series nVidia card at retail was near impossible. Five years maybe now? About $2500 at the time.
  21. Yes , and that is one of the main reasons that second life retains a lot of users over the competition. The customization in second life is far more in depth than most of it's competitors that just plop the assets down, as you put it . Most of the mainstream creators in second life who make their stuff no mod are just increasing the likelihood of second life losing numbers . Lol.
  22. In my normal / usual Neko form, I'd "pass" as hoo-mon to the uninitiated. Just with ears, tail, whiskers, and fangs.
  23. @Love Zhaoying Naked seems to do ok (11 regions I think), though they do allow non-human ears and tails. They rent mostly boat slips for those who like nude sailing.
  1. Load more activity