EXISTING MARKETPLACE JIRAS ISSUE LOG

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my store on Marketplace which is still ok (fingers hurting from crossing now - ouch).

Noticed the information about Marketplace bugs has gone - just something left there about bulk editing.

Soooo, has it all been resolved now?

Sure hadn't had a message from Linden Lab about it :(. Disappointed.

Emma Krokus wrote:

Noticed the information about Marketplace bugs has gone - just something left there about bulk editing.

Soooo, has it all been resolved now?

There are no bugs... if you bury your head in the sand and never come out.

Nothing has been fixed or if it has, nothing has been deployed or if it had, nothing has been announced.

Dragonlady Boa wrote:

is there a jira for Ll screwing the magic boxes over? because mine quit working, and now almost HALF of my invengtory is lsited as unavailable!

Well, as requested by Brooke Linden I submitted a second ticket about the same issue I was already having.  Ok, did that.  I just received an email from one of the "Scouts" tellling me to file an Abuse Report in-world.  Maybe that's our answer...lol.  Filing in-world ARs against CTL.  GAH!!!!!

Also, I contacted a merchant who I know does not read the forums to let her know about this mess.  She said all her listings are also unavailable.  She migrated to DD shortly after it went live.

Well, I spoke too soon.

Direct Delivery is hanging in "Being Delivered" rather than forwarding funds to Merchants even when the item has been paid for and received by the Customer. This is for NON-UNICODE Listings
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4596

This is still happening. Just had another one. Product delivered, customer charged, no money to my account.

The one factor linking all of these orders and customers together is that they are Japanese SL'ers. Their profiles are completely in Japanese. From the 4 orders that did this, it "appears" the DD system cannot credit a Merchant's account if the customer has non-english in their profile??

>is there a jira for Ll screwing the magic boxes over? because mine quit working, and now almost HALF of my invengtory is lsited as unavailable!

Now you're getting the picture.

The boxes work fine when LL allows them to work.

If you want them to work properly again, just go to one of the Linden sims and attach them to your avatar.

No kidding.

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
is there a jira for Ll screwing the magic boxes over? because mine quit working, and now almost HALF of my invengtory is lsited as unavailable!

Now you're getting the picture.

The boxes work fine when LL allows them to work.

If you want them to work properly again, just go to one of the Linden sims and attach them to your avatar.

No kidding.

Josh, the reason they work when attached to your Avatar on Linden Land is quite simple. First of all, you must attach it because you can't rez anything on Linden Land. Secondly the Linden Sims are very LOW load Sims, running on choice hardware and monitored for proper activity. There is seldom anyone else on one, and they dang sure don't have a lot of scripts, prims or other loading factors to contend with. Pull up Stats while on one and you'll see right away that the Spare Time and other stats are the best around .. on ANY Sim in SL. So of course the Magic Boxes work well there .. they are the best running Sims in the entire Grid.

Josh Susanto wrote:

What you say nonetheless also supports my claim that

there was never anything wrong with the boxes.

As long as every Sim runs as well as the Linden Sims, is never offline, never rebooted and has no lag whatsoever .. you're correct. But seeing as Magic Boxes have to work in conditions no where near that perfect, their frailties come to light AND interfere with transactions on a routine basis.

It's the age-old difference between "The Lab" and "The Real World" ... what works perfectly in the lab seldom if ever works reliably in the real world. What makes a good engineer is one that recognizes the problems imposed by real-world limitations and designs for those.

(And no pun intended with "The Lab" .. the coincidence is purely unintentional)

But the phenomenon holds in lagged out sandboxes, telehubs, and elsewhere.

And when the system still thought my box was at a lagged telehub because that's where I attached it, it nonetheless worked great when I deliberately TP'd to massively lagged sims of other kinds. 

If the only thing that was broken about the boxes was that they were incompatible with the specific sims that were targeted for borking because they were advertised as having boxes on them, that's not precisely a design flaw; it's a design vulnerability to LL's internal security failures, which are the things that ought to be fixed. 

The simplest solution would seem to have been to create one or more Linden sims which are used exclusively to rez magic boxes.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that possibility as early as 6 months ago.

Could it possibly be even more trouble than what's happening with DD?

Really?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.