EXISTING MARKETPLACE JIRAS ISSUE LOG

Sassy Romano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Support is worse than useless; they harm, not help.  They should have been fired long ago. 

support staff are only doing what they are told to do.  Blame LL, it's their policy that support are parroting.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Bump. Keep this thread on top.

Update on

Please take a look at what's happening on this JIRA - Please set it to "Watch" because the issue is growing and since it deals with the Financial transaction integrity of the MP, it is a serious issue to all of us.

Edited to add: This is no longer just a Direct Delivery issue. The reports are also from Magic Box users.

~ Support is directing people to go to the JIRA to request payment for stuck orders (I've had some paid, others are sitting there unpaid).

~ There are now orders stuck "Queued" where Support tells the Merchant to contact the Buyer to file a Support Ticket (even though the Merchant has already filed a Support Ticket).

~ The "Delivery Partially Failed" Message is now (in some cases) being tied to delivery of product + refund for the Buyer (so, essentially the Buyer is getting the item for free).  Support is directing the Merchant to contact the Buyer to request direct payment.

It gets stranger and less like business as it goes.

Problems caused by the company need to be refunded by the company, in a timely manner, on the first attempt at support if the required information has been given. All that's needed is an order number, period for support to do its thing.

If the merchant didn't get the money, LL needs to refund the merchant for the purchase.

Support should have set up a extra people at the very least in their normal support channels to handle these extra problems, especially as they're financial in nature with liability.

A Jira for customer support? This isn't a code/bug problem to a customer, at least not with any company above a lemonade stand. Voluntary bug reports are one thing, forcing Jira on customers in the first place for any reason as a support mechanism is just, well.

It does increase the number of people who give up requesting support and refunds while going through the "sit, stay, beg" phase though.

It should be able to be resolved by any normal support means quickly. Phone, chat, support ticket.

Sapphy Rotaru wrote:

Yeah I just had to walk away from the contact support comment lol, politeness forbids me from saying what I think!

I would reopen it if even one other person had come forward with the same problem but no one has so maybe it was something stupid I did. I have no idea how or why & at least it was a problem that I could rectify. My biggest concern was that others would have lots of unlisted stuff & not realise.

I have no technical abilities whatsoever, even making the Jira in the first place taxed my bird brain lol

I believe it's a valid bug. A listing can be either Active or Unlisted. Therefore if a listing isn't under the Active list then it must be on the Unlisted list. Yet you have listings that are on neither list. That's not possible. The fact that it's happening is proof that it's a bug.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Is there an easier way to do it than the "hover" method. Laughs, it's gonna take me forever to hover and copy!

I "View My Store" then right-click and "Copy Link Address" (in Chrome, your Browser may use other wording) to copy the URL to the listing. I then paste it into a plain-text document and press enter to move to the next line. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Update on

Please take a look at what's happening on this JIRA - Please set it to "Watch" because the issue is growing and since it deals with the Financial transaction integrity of the MP, it is a serious issue to all of us.

Edited to add: This is no longer just a Direct Delivery issue. The reports are also from Magic Box users.

~ Support is directing people to go to the JIRA to request payment for stuck orders (I've had some paid, others are sitting there unpaid).

~ There are now orders stuck "Queued" where Support tells the Merchant to contact the Buyer to file a Support Ticket (even though the Merchant has already filed a Support Ticket).

~ The "Delivery Partially Failed" Message is now (in some cases) being tied to delivery of product + refund for the Buyer (so, essentially the Buyer is getting the item for free).  Support is directing the Merchant to contact the Buyer to request direct payment.

I have one stuck in Queued, I filed a Support Ticket as instructed .. and got back this response:

"I'm sorry that your customer did not receive their item from your establishment. I will be happy to assist you with this issue. Please have the customer submit a support ticket. Once they submit a support ticket, we can honor the request for you."

To which I replied:

"Your reply makes the assumption that this issue affects only the customer .. and that is not true. A "Queued" order is not delivered to the customer, but it also does not pay the Merchant, thus either one of us (Merchant or Customer) should be able to file a support ticket. In this particular case, because I speak with Brooke Linden routinely and am very familiar with the current problems on the SL Marketplace, I filed the ticket to help them identify orders that are failing with this symptom.

Please forward the ticket to Brooke Linden and also Dakota Linden so that they may examine the order to help them fix the error, and then Dakota can push it through to completion.

However, in the future, any time either the Merchant or the Customer files a support ticket for an order that is stuck at Queued, remember that the issue affects both and thus should be dealt with in the same fashion no matter who submits the ticket."

I then forwarded the email to Brooke and got this response from her:

"Thanks, Darrius. I've let the appropriate people know so we can improve this experience."

Left hand, right hand ... not talking to each other? LOL

(fictional letter found in my imaginary mailbox)

"Dear Customer of Big Box Retail Store,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your credit card being double-charged after your purchase at our store on April 1st, 2012. Please have your credit card company file a bug report with our software development's Technical Support staff. As soon as they do, we will be happy to resolve this matter for you."

home%20alone.jpg

My answer on the Queued came from Dakota. In the past, Dakota has pushed through "Queued" orders for me. This was the reason: "The Dev Team is pushing the orders through on a routine basis.  I cannot do those manually, so it will be necessary to wait for the Dev Team to push the next block of stuck orders through.

The Queued orders we cannot push through manually anymore for the sellers since the buyer hasn't been charged yet. 

We did push through a bunch of them manually for sellers back during the St. Valentine's Day issue because all of the orders were stuck in that state, not just one or two.

After the Dev Team was able to push all of them through from the back end, we stopped pushing those through manually."

Then the next day, I had another order stuck in "Being Delivered". I filed a ticket and updated the JIRA with the info. The response from Support (Scout) was: "The support staff is not able to "push orders through" as you put it. The marketplace team is quite aware of this issue and as stated on the Jira you quoted, the team will continue to try to get these orders in the correct working state so that the order is pushed through and the L$ is properly delivered to the merchants affected by this."

So, it's pretty clear that Support isn't the way to go on these issues. "JIRA" is the new Support Portal.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

(fictional letter found in my imaginary mailbox)

"Dear Customer of Big Box Retail Store,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your credit card being double-charged after your purchase at our store on April 1st, 2012. Please have your credit card company file a bug report with our software development's Technical Support staff. As soon as they do, we will be happy to resolve this matter for you."

home%20alone.jpg

Heheh, good point.

Thought the image of the child exposed to the green bear was fitting, as well.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Update on

I have one stuck in Queued, I filed a Support Ticket as instructed .. and got back this response:

"I'm sorry that your customer did not receive their item from your establishment. I will be happy to assist you with this issue. Please have the customer submit a support ticket. Once they submit a support ticket, we can honor the request for you."

To which I replied:

"Your reply makes the assumption that this issue affects only the customer .. and that is not true. A "Queued" order is not delivered to the customer, but it also does not pay the Merchant, thus either one of us (Merchant or Customer) should be able to file a support ticket. In this particular case, because I speak with Brooke Linden routinely and am very familiar with the current problems on the SL Marketplace, I filed the ticket to help them identify orders that are failing with this symptom.

Please forward the ticket to Brooke Linden and also Dakota Linden so that they may examine the order to help them fix the error, and then Dakota can push it through to completion.

However, in the future, any time either the Merchant or the Customer files a support ticket for an order that is stuck at Queued, remember that the issue affects both and thus should be dealt with in the same fashion no matter who submits the ticket."

"Thanks, Darrius. I've let the appropriate people know so we can improve this experience."

When I get those orders I just throw it in a basket and deliver it to them as a gift. Saves trouble;)

This is the original JIRA for email notifications on review:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2788

I have also edited the other JIRA  to be a broader feature request at

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2938

It would be nice to see an active Linden take over these JIRAs as Acknowledged so we can get some hope of receiving these features soon.  As it stands, one is Deferred and assigned to an inactive Linden, and the other is still in Awaiting Review and assigned to a disabled Linden.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Update on

To which I replied:

When I get those orders I just throw it in a basket and deliver it to them as a gift. Saves trouble;)

yes cause most of us do not have direct one-on-one email access with Brooke.  So giving up on the order is the most feasible option over expecting LL support to actually deliver and provide acceptable support. 

I know from my past encounters from LL support including last sundday when I actually got a RARE responses from a LL ticket on a Sunday afteroon only 2 hours after I filed my ticket....... to tell me that as a non-premium account they could not help me about a bug they caused and only they could solve.  This is different from all my other LL support tickets with LL where I was entitled to support but got ZERO response back from LL support (or a response about 2 months later).

But since most of us do not have direct back door access to Brooke or another linden... not much more we could do.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Argus, the point is they are receiving the items, but the Merchants aren't getting paid.

Actually no they never got the item, never paid, never contacted us about this type of fail.  No MB email, no Xaction, nothing.. In all my Cart order history I have only had 3 total Queued orders. but I am going to eat chocolate anyway;)

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Argus, the point is they are receiving the items, but the Merchants aren't getting paid.

Actually no they never got the item, never paid, never contacted us about this type of fail.  No MB email, no Xaction, nothing.. In all my Cart order history I have only had 3 total Queued orders. but I am going to eat chocolate anyway;)

Then our situations are different, Argus. In my case and many other Merchants, the product is delivered and paid for, but no funds come to the Merchant.

Take a look at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4596

It's happening to a lot of people.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Then our situations are different, Argus. In my case and many other Merchants, the product is delivered and paid for, but no funds come to the Merchant.

Take a look at

It's happening to a lot of people.

I am only citing "Queued" in my post and yes I totally understand about "Being Delivered" and the payment boggles. It's a mess and needs to be fixed asap. [voted on that JIRA already:)]

I've just bumped a new JIRA to the end of the list.

Also, I found a neat feature the other day for the forums, if you go to the thread and then under Topic Options, you can choose "Float this topic to the top" which keeps it stickied in your own view. :)

Everyone else probably already knew this but I thought it was neat.

Here's an "issue" that perhaps should be added to the main post:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4554

Test Delivery Items - Contents inside an Object, or Items inside Boxes, do NOT show next owner permissions

It's not a bug per se but it's definitely going to cause confusion if they leave it with its current implementation.

Here is the corresponding forum discussion:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Test-Delivery-Next-Owner-Permissions-don-t-actually-work-as/td-p/1447427

Update for the group:

CTL and/or the Devs are pushing orders stuck in "Being Delivered" through today. The ones that were stuck on my account have now completed (thank you, CTL).

If you were/are affected by this situation and responded to JIRA-4596 (now closed and combined with JIRA-4441), be on the lookout for your orders to complete.

As reference, the JIRA to update with order numbers for transactions stuck in "Being Delivered" is:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4441Delivery status frozen with Being Delivered for Direct Delivery and Magic Box orders.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

[..snip..]

But since most of us do not have direct back door access to Brooke or another linden... not much more we could do.

Keep in mind that I filed the ticket because of Brooke's comments in here and on the JIRA .. that they wanted the tickets so they could find error conditions. When I got that response from Support, I figured Brooke wasn't aware of what Support was telling customers. (They are after all totally separate companies.) So rather than toss it off as "just another LL boondoggle", I did the polite thing and let her know that there was a communication breakdown.

I dunno about you Toy, but I wish folks would contact me when they spot a faux pas I've made. I had an item for sale on the Marketplace and In-World for over a year before a polite customer let me know some parts were missing. I immediately thanked them and then sent updates to everyone that had purchased it since I first placed it for sale. But if someone had let me know much sooner, I sure would have been grateful AND I wouldn't have ticked off so many people by selling a half-present product.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.