What's your favourite?

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nothing beats a mint slice biscuit in my books, mind you I am partial to a ginger snap or two (aussie equivalent of the ginger nut). You can dunk these but ever so lightly :-)

Mint slice biscuit.jpeg

light, crisp chocolate biscuit base, a thick layer of delicious mint cream and a beautiful smooth coating of dark chocolate :matte-motes-delicious:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perrie Juran wrote:

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.  Topped with a fried egg (preferably chicken).

With all that cold weather you Brits have been getting you should give it a try. Guaranteed to get you through a cold day.

'round these parts you committed a capital offense - you forgot the grits... You can make it up though if you serve fried

chicken & biscuits with honey for dinner.  I'll bring the sniker doodles for desert. (Suthern to English translation: a

cinnamon-sugar biscuit commonly baked by grandmotherly ladies and sold at church bake sales )   smiley-laughing025.gif

dingdongs70s.jpg

JoJo Moeleneaux wrote:

Nothing beats a mint slice biscuit in my books, mind you I am partial to a ginger snap or two (aussie equivalent of the ginger nut). You can dunk these but ever so lightly :-)

Mint slice biscuit.jpeg

light, crisp chocolate biscuit base, a thick layer of delicious mint cream and a beautiful smooth coating of
dark
chocolate :matte-motes-delicious:

On this side of what Brits refer to as the 'pond' we call those "Ding Dongs."

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.  Topped with a fried egg (preferably chicken).

With all that cold weather you Brits have been getting you should give it a try. Guaranteed to get you through a cold day.

'round these parts you committed a capital offense - you forgot the grits... You can make it up though if you serve fried

chicken & biscuits with honey for dinner.  I'll bring the sniker doodles for desert. (Suthern to English translation:
a

cinnamon-sugar
biscuit commonly baked by grandmotherly ladies and sold at church bake sales )  
smiley-laughing025.gif

No magic grits for me.

But to redeem myself for leaving them out of my post I will go out for a Hot Brown for lunch.

RoderickVaughn wrote:

Clarissa Lowell wrote:

You can keep your ginger nuts and jammy dodger or dodgy jammer.

Give me a biscuit with honey butter.

Biscuits with Honey Butter.jpg

Maybe some strawberry preserves.

biscuit with jam.jpg

Which one of you took a bite?

Those aren't biscuits, they're
scones

No, they are biscuits. And that isn't even accounting for the British penchant for calling a cookie a biscuit. I've eaten a scone and a biscuit and they are NOT the same thing. Scones are totally different. Calling an American biscuit a scone is as bad as calling a croissant a muffin.

Eloise Baily wrote:

Well it has to be the Ginger Nut...or the Custard Cream...or the Fox's Crinkle Crunch....or the humble Rich Tea. Ooo though! How about the Malted Milk!

As for you American folks, kindly stop confusing scones with biscuits. You're wrong, wrong, wrong!
:P

No, scones are really dry and best with clotted cream and jam. Biscuits are lovely and fluffy.

timtams

you bite off a tiny corner. then you bite off a tiny corner on the other end. then u dip the first bitten off corner on top ur coffee and then suck it like a straw so the coffee fill it up. then u stuff the whole thing in your mouth and it just melts. coffee and chocolate. is heavenly (:

i tried to do with a gingernut as well one time that way. but i just end up going purple jejejejjejejejjeje (L

You can't beat a good Hob Nob in any of its varieties closely followed by a chocolate digestive.  Anything else is just for guests or parties.  I am at the moment though taken by a new product, which I'm not sure whether it is a biscuit or not and that is the new Crunchie Bar biscuit.  Biscuit or not I'm pretty sure they're taking me to my first coronary.

Biscuit humour....

Store cookie/biscuit would have to be Oreos, although they were better when they still had trans fat in them - the filling doesn't shear away from the cookie part properly when you twist them now.

Time-no-object coolkie would be chocolate chip from the recipe on the NESTLE chocolate chip bag (no other chocolate chip may be substituted), preferrably still warm, not too well done and made with margarine or a Crisco/butter mix.

Sy Beck wrote:

<snip> the new Crunchie Bar biscuit.  Biscuit or not I'm pretty sure they're taking me to my first coronary. <snip>

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh holy heck, I love Crunchies, dunked in coffee, so the middle is slurpable. I imagine a Crunchi Bar biscuit is 10x the joy.  Book me into the next bed to yours in the coronary ward!

Wagon Wheels were like the holy grail of the biscuit world when I was a nipper.

1 They were massive! Couldn't even dunk them unless you had a novelty giant mug.

2. They had buscuit in them

3. They had jam in them,

4 They had chocolate in them.

A worthy candidate for the best biscuit ever I think. 

I bought some recently from the local spar. I am sure they got allot smaller.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.