What's your favourite?

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw this question a while ago on a website. It has plagued me ever since.

It's a tricky question, I have spent many a sleepless night pondering it. The choices are endless and there are lots of factors to take in to account such as taste, structural integrity, crumbage thresholds and don't even get me started on the physics surrounding dunking.. So after much deliberation I am proud to announce to the world that my favourite biscuit is - Drumroll.........................Ginger nuts!!

(although I am partial to a nice jammy dodger).

What's is your favourite?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venus Petrov wrote:

Ginger is a guy?

HI Venus. 1985 wants its joke back. 

Comparing Ginger Nuts to a red headed males testicles has made you look like a noob in the world of biscuit based discussion,

I suggest you have a long hard think about your biscuit related comedy material before you dare show your face in this thread again. 

Thanks.

:smileywink:

Ginger nuts are really nice if you just pop them into the microwave for 10-15 seconds. They go a bit soft, but chewy, like brandy snaps.

My favourite biscuit is possibly the jaffa cake, which although is a cake, and therefore not liable to VAT here in the UK, it usually gets piled up on the biscuit shelf in the supermarket.

Hobnobs are the best ones for dunking, especially chocolate ones. They aren't as likely to fall into your beverage like some other biscuits are. 

My aunts used to bring us a big bag of broken biscuits (chocolate coated) from Lewis's in Manchester when they visited. I hate caramac but caramac coated malted milk biscuits were divine, and excellent for dunking in tea or in coffee.

Wow...bags of broken biscuits! I had completely forgotton about them. I would always rummage through the bag to find the best ones before my brother ate them, but sometimes he would pre-empt me, and would come along and lick all the best ones then put them back in the bag.

HOW DARE HE DEFILE THE BUSCUITS !!

I think I might buy a nice selection of biscuits, cut out pictures of his face, tape them to the biscuit packets, then get a baseball bat and smash them to bits. Then lick them all, then maybe wipe a few on my arse crack, then bag em up and send them to him as a mystery gift for valentines day. 

Hopefully getting my revenge will help me deal with some of my unresolved internal biscuit issues. 

Yohan Roux wrote:

As the post does not mention biscuit I assume it can mean anything, I love chilled milk, don't know why, but over any other drink even tea I would prefer chilled milk,
biscuits are very bad for you, they are all fat and sugar.

True.

But I live for today. Tomorrow I could be run over by a truck. (Or bitten by a progeny vampire - see other thread!)

Porky Gorky wrote:

Wow...bags of broken biscuits! I had completely forgotton about them. I would always rummage through the bag to find the best ones before my brother ate them, but sometimes he would pre-empt me, and would come along and lick all the best ones then put them back in the bag.

HOW DARE HE DEFILE THE BUSCUITS !!

I think I might buy a nice selection of biscuits, cut out pictures of his face, tape them to the biscuit packets, then get a baseball bat and smash them to bits. Then lick them all, then maybe wipe a few on my arse crack, then bag em up and send them to him as a mystery gift for valentines day. 

Hopefully getting my revenge will help me deal with some of my unresolved internal biscuit issues. 

" ... as a mystery gift for valentines day". *snorts*

My brother used to get a red hot teaspoon and press it against my arm while making "sssss" noises as my flesh burned! But he also used to sit up with me if I had a nose bleed at night when I was a child - oh, and he once made hotpants for my doll, Rosebud.

Did your brother ever do anything nice for you like that?

Yohan Roux wrote:

As the post does not mention biscuit I assume it can mean anything, I love chilled milk, don't know why, but over any other drink even tea I would prefer chilled milk, biscuits are very bad for you, they are all fat and sugar.

Milk is a biscuits friend, so milk based discussion will be allowed. Milk can be a good alternative dunking choice if you need to dunk a biscuit in a hurry and haven't got time for the kettle to boil. I had a pleaseant experience dunking some Maryland cookies in some milk in 2003. I won't forget that in a hurry I tell you.

You are also wise to warn of the perils of biscuit eating. Everything in moderation. You only need to dunk a few., Don't go mental and eat the whole pack. 

You know what they say. Biscuits don't kill people. People kill people.

Wise words.

Well I have had very bad experiences with biscuits and dunking, I seem to dunk to long and the dunked bit disappears, then I can't drink the tea cos its like drinking gravel, so I find biscuits very skittish things and should be left to those that don't mind drinking gravel.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.  Topped with a fried egg (preferably chicken).

With all that cold weather you Brits have been getting you should give it a try. Guaranteed to get you through a cold day.

You and your kind have taken the sacred word "biscuit" and sodomised it with your evil bastardisation of the english language.

You shall speak no more of gravy here you vile creature. :smileymad:

Yohan Roux wrote:

Well I have had very bad experiences with biscuits and dunking, I seem to dunk to long and the dunked bit disappears, then I can't drink the tea cos its like drinking gravel, so I find biscuits very skittish things and should be left to those that don't mind drinking gravel.

Some of us are just natural born dunkers. Others work for years without achieving the same level of skill.

Maybe I should created a guide listing the biscuit type to dunk time ratio..

I think it would really help the amateur biscuit dunker improve their form.

I'll get to work on that and will let you know when it is ready. I'll even let you have a copy for the special introductory price of only £19.99.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.  Topped with a fried egg (preferably chicken).

With all that cold weather you Brits have been getting you should give it a try. Guaranteed to get you through a cold day.

You and your kind have taken the sacred word "biscuit" and sodomised it with your evil bastardisation of the english language.

You shall speak no more of gravy here you vile creature. :smileymad:

My brother - you know, the one who made hotpants for my doll, Rosebud - he thought I had made up that word "bastardise" (notice with an "s" and not a "z" )

@ Perrie, gravy and sausages are fine, on mashed potatoes with lashings of melted butter on top.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Yes. the stupid illiterate spell checker tried to put a "Z" in it. 

I said to it "Not today Mr spell checker, not while i'm in charge"

It didn't reply.

And if it is true about Whitney Houston - and it must be because it's been reported on the BBC website now - life is just too short to not eat biscuits, or to eat the boring rich tea ones that someone buys in that no one eats.

When I was a poor and humble student and couldn't afford to buy real chocolate Digestives, I used to buy Rich Tea biscuits then "borrow" some chocolate spread from the communal kitchen in the halls of residence.

Just spread the chocolate spread on the Rich Tea and voila, you have yourself a home made chocolate biscuit.

There is a free biscuit related tip for you all.

I should definitely write a book about my vast biscuit knowledge. This time next year I could be a millionaire Rodders.  

Yohan Roux wrote:

Biscuits make a nice cheesecake base or any base, don't mix well with jelly can make it gritty, but with a solid sauce they are great, good with egg custard the setting type, mix in small lumps of chocolate then caramelize the top with sugar, nice sweet.

Mmmmm cheesecake, key lime pie, chocolate torte, all good with digestive biscuit base, mix in a quarter of ground almonds for the chocolate torte base.

Too soon for biscuits? Never.

Too soon for someone born in 1963 to die? I was born in 1963 and my life hasn't yet begun. I just never understand how people with so much talent, beauty, and privileges in life, go down that slippery slope to self-destruction.

Too soon for fireworks? - Someone seems to be setting them off on the field at the back of the house (RL) currently. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.