New SL-Dedicated Social Media, Blogging, and Photography Platform PrimFeed Opens! What Are Your Impressions?

3 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

I've seen nothing but positivity, haven't seen any form of negativity yet. It's more friendly, than the forums, that's for sure. Not to mention, there are so many cute avatars that you can see in the gallery, it might be primitive but it seems to be very welcomed among a high amount of inworld users.

It's still early and the shine hasn't worn off..

Anyplace  that two people or more can interact with each other, it's only a matter of time before the collisions start up..

That's not knocking that place at all, it's more just how humans are wired..

The difference will be, how much of a lid  and how much of a buffer is put on the colliders after the shine has worn off.

A lot say they don't like drama, yet there is sooo much of it all over the place..Not there, but all over the place as far as many platforms.

If I can shut all that kind of stuff off like I can on flickr, I'll give it a try.. But I'm waiting until  things have settled down some and it's not so new.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Hmmm, don't know if I give it a go. Found out about this just now. I mean we have this forum here, shouldn't that be promoted more? Why add another site that is user-made? What benefit would I have from that?

Forums been around forever but a lot less people use it. You're less likely to get your stuff locked, you don't have to stay on topic for anything, you get to say what you want, within the ToS and Reason. You, now, get to block people you don't want to see instead of just ignore and sometimes ignoring just doesn't cut it. Lindens are on Primfeed, so they can see your avatars and your slice of second life, instead of just clicking on a forum. (They can just search through your feed or gallery if they wanted to.) And several other things, that are much better for a live feed, instead of a forum feed.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Hmmm, don't know if I give it a go. Found out about this just now. I mean we have this forum here, shouldn't that be promoted more? Why add another site that is user-made? What benefit would I have from that?

Primfeed is primarily a photo site, there's not much discussion on there. It's a lot better now that most of the giveaway ads and re-posts have fizzled out.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Ah I see! I would appreciate a website where residents post their pictures without advertising (like flickr has).

Flickr has advertisements all the time, have you seen the homepage when you're logged in? If you're in groups or it sees you like certain things, it'll post those things to you. Bloggers, also, will post, that's a form of advertising, since they're blogging about products. Groups can also be sponsored and stuff not to mention, the reason why you see no ads of flickr's own is probably due to Flickr Pro.

Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Like 1

Two of my pictures have just disappeared from Primfeed. They were classed as 'general' and as far as I can see they didn't break Primfeed's TOS, or even come close to doing so. If they were 'moderated' I can only think it was because they were too similar to the previous pictures. Or maybe they disappeared because of a glitch. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

Two of my pictures have just disappeared from Primfeed. They were classed as 'general' and as far as I can see they didn't break Primfeed's TOS, or even come close to doing so. If they were 'moderated' I can only think it was because they were too similar to the previous pictures. Or maybe they disappeared because of a glitch. Has this happened to anyone else?

Not photos disappearing which I posted except 1 which I was adding when I noticed I needed to Reload page (in bottom left corner) after Primfeed made some updates.  When I refreshed the whole post disappeared and I needed to add it again.  Can you see any part of your post with just the photo missing?  The only other thing is that it may have been too large (over 1500 x1500) and Primfeed was unable to reduce it?

All of mine seem fine when I look at my Profile Page

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BJoyful said:

Not photos disappearing which I posted except 1 which I was adding when I noticed I needed to Reload page (in bottom left corner) after Primfeed made some updates.  When I refreshed the whole post disappeared and I needed to add it again.  Can you see any part of your post with just the photo missing?  The only other thing is that it may have been too large (over 1500 x1500) and Primfeed was unable to reduce it?

All of mine seem fine when I look at my Profile Page

The pictures were on Primfeed for a few hours then they disappeared. I can only think I accidentally deleted them somehow or, like you say, they disappeared with the update when I refreshed.

• Like 2

After a bit more than a week on it, a few things.

• I appreciate how quickly feedback is turning into updates.
  • I do hope the ratio of advertising to people just posting random, personal SL content adjusts soon. Right now it is exhaustingly heavy on ads.
    • I'm looking forward to being able to search on hash tags, which will let me escape some of this.
  • I hope the maturity ratings start getting enforced better. I realize sexy time is a major appeal of SL for some people, but my god is there a lot of shiny, plastic, gravity-defying flesh even when I have my filters set to G, some of which is wildly in defiance of the rating system.
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, William Gide said:

• I do hope the ratio of advertising to people just posting random, personal SL content adjusts soon. Right now it is exhaustingly heavy on ads.
    • I'm looking forward to being able to search on hash tags, which will let me escape some of this.
  • I hope the maturity ratings start getting enforced better. I realize sexy time is a major appeal of SL for some people, but my god is there a lot of shiny, plastic, gravity-defying flesh even when I have my filters set to G, some of which is wildly in defiance of the rating system.

I would love hashtags! 

I also, honestly, want a Discovery tag that isn't just all photos. Forget about just avoiding ads; I'd like to see what people are saying

• Like 4

I really like Primfeed, but I protect my ‘Follows’ pretty closely though.
The 3 tabs are great.

Home tells me what the people I choose to follow post. It’s mostly pictures now, but the ‘normal posts’ that aren’t give aways are becoming a lot more normal.

Discovery is like clicking a random spot in mainland - You never know what you are gonna get. Right now it’s mostly ads and nonsense, which honestly isn’t bad - it’s turning more into an ‘Instagram’ like feed. That feed is literally ‘what people are posting right now’. 

Gallery is where artistic images go and store ads. Depending on the time of day and whos posting, you might see more of one than the other. Lately, it’s been mostly artistic images when I look. 

I’ll be honest - It’s quickly becoming my favorite SL social media. And Luke is kick in’ booty with all the updates. 

I love it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I would love hashtags! 

I also, honestly, want a Discovery tag that isn't just all photos. Forget about just avoiding ads; I'd like to see what people are saying

I agree! I’ve been trying to ‘talk more’ on my thread…not just images. (I’m a Twitter chick)

But I think if I was looking at this platform from a ‘professional social media manager’ point of view, I’d say it feels very…Instagram-y?

It’s too early to really test how stuff gets shared and analytics, but it seems like posts get a lot more ‘clicks’ with an image. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, William Gide said:

I’m that mean lady that reports people. 

If I go in the gallery, and it’s not filtered right or someone is abusing the rules, I report them. I hope everyone else is too. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

I agree! I’ve been trying to ‘talk more’ on my thread…not just images. (I’m a Twitter chick)

But I think if I was looking at this platform from a ‘professional social media manager’ point of view, I’d say it feels very…Instagram-y?

It’s too early to really test how stuff gets shared and analytics, but it seems like posts get a lot more ‘clicks’ with an image. 

110%. I'm really hoping Primfeed functions as an SL Twitter and not an SL Instagram. 

I'm totally down to see what photos people have taken, and even am down to put up with the occasional ad, but I'll be disappointed if text posts don't pick up on the site and don't have an avenue to gain traction. 

IMO: the Gallery can stay all photos, fine. But the Discover should be more like the For You tab on Twitter - a hodgepodge of photos and texts posts.

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 4

Same security issues as all the others. A database with data NOT controlled by LL's. Could be someone's private server in their basement and in the past when users' "tried" to have their data removed from said servers they could not. Open and ripe for a security breach/data leak of whatever data that server holds now or in the future. No thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stlshayne said:

I'd like to see what people are saying.

I'd also like to see more chatter and engagement. The problem at the moment, I think, is that there doesn't seem to be a way to respond directly to someone else's comment in a thread. And I don't think there's a way to flag someone? (or is there?)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stlshayne said:

110%. I'm really hoping Primfeed functions as an SL Twitter and not an SL Instagram. 

I'm totally down to see what photos people have taken, and even am down to put up with the occasional ad, but I'll be disappointed if text posts don't pick up on the site and don't have an avenue to gain traction. 

IMO: the Gallery can stay all photos, fine. But the Discover should be more like the For You tab on Twitter - a hodgepodge of photos and texts posts.

Someone mentioned hashtags earlier a few posts up - I think this would help a little to get people to do more 'text style' updates (But hashtags are pretty useful on Instagram too...so...) 

It's gonna be an interesting ride to see how it evolves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'd also like to see more chatter and engagement. The problem at the moment, I think, is that there doesn't seem to be a way to respond directly to someone else's comment in a thread. And I don't think there's a way to flag someone? (or is there?)

I agree. This is a super good point - the ability to 'reply' easily in thread would really help with chatter. 

I just went and looked at the Primfeed feedback channel and he's already on it.  Marked as in progress :) 

• Like 2

Nah. If I can’t at least browse it to get a feel for how it looks first and this is all I see, I’ll pass for now. SL is a small enough pond and the number of users who will go in for this is an even smaller one, so for me, I’d choose something more expansive to use and something like this only as an afterthought that I could use to push content to. 

IMG_8112.jpeg

• Like 1