LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's pretty normal for parents to call each other that..

I'm reminded of "The People Under the Stairs", in which the villains (brother and sister) call each other "Daddy" and "Mommy".

The thread is fake, much more obviously fake than usual. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm reminded of "The People Under the Stairs", in which the villains (brother and sister) call each other "Daddy" and "Mommy".

... This is not a fake thread this is a issue facing some SL residents.  

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This ^^^^ , and pretty boring too so far.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Never heard of the people under the stairs.

As far as the thread being fake or not.. That had no influence over what I posted. i was just showing that daddy has always been a common thing between many men and women to say.. It's not just for kids.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have a couple of boyfriends that like to be called Daddy while we play. After I make it clear I'm over 18, we get into it.

But now, the whole time I'm emoting I'm thinking, is the convo gonna be flagged and some Linden is gonna read it and go omg its AP, and cancel our accounts?

It's total BS

Thanks a lot Linden Lab for making a harmless pretend session a possible termination event.

I mean as long as you are two adult avatars doing that, and you aren't doing this on a child avatar. Than you are fine. It's common sense really. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's pretty normal for parents to call each other that..

Might be though not in my experience but if there is a group of witch hunters about who would look at those terms as indicative of some kink  going on, you'd likely stop or be wary of using the terms.

At this point we don't know how many are out there witch hunting and to what degree and depth Governance will go to prove guilt. Does Governance consider those AR'ed as guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty?

3 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

So Love & Sid have never called anyone Daddy, but this is a issue some other people have.  

They seem more the type that like being called "Daddy". Safe for them but not the ones calling them that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

... This is not a fake thread this is a issue facing some SL residents.  

It is likely meant to play on any anxieties you have, more than likely to manipulate you and others into a frenzy of fear and worry over something that is not going to happen.  Calling your lover daddy is hardly worth worrying over.  If we were trolling you, we would be playing on your fears, and winding you up into a huge frenzy to the point that you were afraid of even logging into SL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep, and either people still love to take the same low quality bait for years, or really have nothing else to do.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Might be though not in my experience but if there is a group of witch hunters about who would look at those terms as indicative of some kink  going on, you'd likely stop or be wary of using the terms.

At this point we don't know how many are out there witch hunting and to what degree and depth Governance will go to prove guilt. Does Governance consider those AR'ed as guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty?

I was talking about it being normal in RL.  Especially with the elderly and mostly those that have raised families.

Just now, Istelathis said:

It is likely meant to play on any anxieties you have, more than likely to manipulate you and others into a frenzy of fear and worry over something that is not going to happen.  Calling your lover daddy is hardly worth worrying over.  If we were trolling you, we would be playing on your fears, and winding you up into a huge frenzy to the point that you were afraid of even logging into SL.

And the other way is to make light of other residents concerns when they are as much in the dark about it as those who are fearful of losing their accounts for saying the wrong thing....as has happened already.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

....as has happened already.

Now talking about trolling....

Edited by Sid Nagy
slight change in wording

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

And the other way is to make light of other residents concerns when they are as much in the dark about it as those who are fearful of losing their accounts for saying the wrong thing....as has happened already.

But do you honestly believe that LL is going to start banning people over calling their lovers daddy?  Is it worth even driving people into a state of panic over this?  Hopefully, most people will not take this seriously and have it ruin their entire SL experience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was talking about it being normal in RL.  Especially with the elderly and mostly those that have raised families.

Yes, I understood that. 

I posited a scenario like what is happening in SL now and suggesting what you likely would do in R/L as a result.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Nope, that's been validated by multiple sources.

"Too vague", in fact "way to vague baloney", say many of my validated multiple sources.
And now I really go fishing. This thread is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

But do you honestly believe that LL is going to start banning people over calling their lovers daddy?  Is it worth even driving people into a state of panic over this?  Hopefully, most people will not take this seriously and have it ruin their entire SL experience.

This has happened before were multiple people were banned for slight and even no real infraction. I met quite a few when I was a greeter on that other grid. 

If the Lab had been more upfront about what they really hope to attain and the reason this is necessary, it would have gone down much easier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I did not notice you are a troll, i was not referring to you,  i have noticed the troll often gets other people to do their dirty work for them though.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

"Too vague", in fact "way to vague baloney", say many of my validated multiple sources.
And now I really go fishing. This thread is getting ridiculous.

Links were provided in other threads. I'm sorry you missed them but I am not going to look them back up.

I understand that someone in your position and interest in SL, wishes this would all just go away and we get back to business as usual but this is what happens when the platform managers try to ram through half baked policy changes that impact a significant portion of the population.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
grammar

20 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

But do you honestly believe that LL is going to start banning people over calling their lovers daddy? 

LL already said they wouldn't, in the enhanced TOS FAQ's that have been repeated in this thread.

The OP and those who agree with them, choose not to believe it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As far as the policy about sexual roleplay with someone presenting as under 18,

NONE.

OF.

THIS.

HAS.

CHANGED.

SINCE.

If you're doing the same thing now that you were doing then, either you're not in trouble or you've been lucky for a long time.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

People all had to agree with the new ToS on signing in with Second Life.
Not reading it and just clicking to get over with it is not Linden Lab's fault, is it?

As has been discussed in the 2342 pages of different threads about this subject already over the last month.

1 hour ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

They could do some kind of click here to see what changed button.  So people can easily skip to the changed part.  Read it then agree to it, instead of thinking life is too short to read all of that and just smacking agree to play SL.   

@Tommy Linden

Can LL add the updated part of the TOS, highlighted, to the top when they make changes to it? Or can there be a link at the top that says "Click here to see the updated portion of the TOS" ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sorry, but surely Rowan answered the OP, and addressed literally everything that has been said, in the third post in this thread.

Not for people who understand the RP. It just raises more questions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1