Senra vs NUX

I went back to this thread, and it had me wondering how did this...

NUX Avatar 2 ("Blake")

...become this. 

Guy-3_005-1024x529.png

What did I miss in between where things look to have changed direction a bit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Miyoko01 said:

NUX Avatar 2 ("Blake")

...become this. 

Guy-3_005-1024x529.png

They are very ugly, I tried one yesterday.. very androgynous. The face is very feminine, and one can easily change gender with even just a hairpiece, that's how generic it is..

They also stand like old people, or someone who has rickets.. and they look VERY uncomfortable. The animations look like they're having some sort of health issue, or severe anxiety or shyness. All we need is the hand-wringing animations from the prior avatar series to finish it off.

I had a very hard time selecting the correct body shape. All of them don't seem normal. They look like someone took a female avatar and moved the sliders for 'less breasts' for the female and 'less bubble' for the butt, but there is an uncanny valley about them. The upper picture looks at least like a male, the new one below looks like an alien.

Edited by Codex Alpha
for awesomeness
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

The Senra bodies aren't too bad... a little strange looking and lacking features (seriously, no adjustable feet?) but the real issue is the heads. Jamie is a lot better than Blake but neither are great.

I wish they'd commission a good AO as well, get someone like Body Language on board or something to produce something much less fidgety and strange looking.

I wonder what head is visible in that NUX preview though, doesn't look anything like Blake.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

Does anyone have any copies of the NUX avatars, or were they limited to a few select folks?

As far as Senra, I've managed to make a zaftig take with Jamie. I chose to replace the head... lelutka Raven to the rescue! For the body shape, I used a custom one based on Raven that I optimized for Erika. 

Senra needs support for heels though... Flats and sneakers are fine but sometimes I want to be spicy lol!

It's actually possible to make the senra look like the first picture and I've seen multiple senras who have done it . 

Problem is,it requires outdated skins that only older users would have most likely.  Non evoX skins and hairbases , etc.  Absolutely no newbie is capable of making their senra look that good and the one in that pic is 100% a well adapted user who tried really hard to make it look good. It's like photoshopped product pictures in the marketplace.  Deceptive as heck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

In fact , the more I think about it , the angrier I get. Even that hair is not included in the senra hairstyles . The senras have the worst hairstyles I've ever seen . I remember being excited to try the senras due to that first pic you linked , and how disappointed I was when I realized I would have to revert to ancient skins that nobody sells anymore,  ancient hairbases , facial hairstyles,  etc .. and yes... they all look like an androgynous , angry,  confused,  teen. Lol 

Or like... STONKS

376ec6d2c8bdf058e864b3945e938ab2.jpg

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

Better than this.. How is supposed to be masculine. It's not at all.

image.thumb.png.42769e79f051b1d6592afd694d42215d.png

If you posted that photo in the "child or adult?" thread, I'd bet you L$100 that it'd get 99% child votes.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Miyoko01 said:

NUX Avatar 2 ("Blake")

...become this. 

Guy-3_005-1024x529.png

How did "Sux-Ra-Guy" Prototype turn into just plain old "Sux"?

Easy. LL SUCK at designing and making avatars, and when they admit this and subcontract, they always subcontract to the wrong people. Every mesh "human" avatar they have ever released was a mutant nobody wants to wear.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

If you posted that photo in the "child or adult?" thread, I'd bet you L$100 that it'd get 99% child votes.

Which begs the question .. if a stock Senra gets reported for being a child, it is basically immune.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Which begs the question .. if a stock Senra gets reported for being a child, it is basically immune.

Not if LL adds modesty underwear to the Senra library avatar skins before June 30th.  I tried to make an under 18 looking female Senra avatar in the recent forum threads.  My attempt at Jamie was a major FAIL.  I think I got one Like vote, from some grandma with droopy boobs.  She is 100% Senra parts (w/ my modesty BOM underwear added):

0f696ee6a27f087f5763c8f7a20f6416.jpg

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The day the Senra avatars came out, I went to the Beta Grid and made this Blake avatar.  I played with the face sliders, and slimmed him down to look like somewhere around 18. Still not masculine looking, but that was never the intention of LL..

Patch said during his announcement almost 2 years ago the first Senra avatars would be Gender Neutral, or unisexual, and he wasn't kidding.  No John Wayne macho men possible with these heads.  Are there no teenagers and Z-geners in the RL that look like grown men?  Seems LL knows who they want to join and stay in LL. 

e04f474429d2fa0e55eb658b5147b75a.png

This is a balanced article about the new improved Senra avatars - showing many examples of what can be done. (and what cannot be done.)

https://ryanschultz.com/2023/08/02/second-life-releases-senra-a-new-line-of-starter-mesh-avatars/

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

How did "Sux-Ra-Guy" Prototype turn into just plain old "Sux"?

Easy. LL SUCK at designing and making avatars, and when they admit this and subcontract, they always subcontract to the wrong people. Every mesh "human" avatar they have ever released was a mutant nobody wants to wear.

I swear it's the same person.. On EVERY platform LL has any link with. The person CAN'T do it, and LL doesn't want to pay for someone that can

Edited by Codex Alpha

10 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

100%

12 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I feel sorry for the guys who are signing up. Hopefully they find the better options before they give up on the platform.

It's usually why I end up putting a mask or something else on the head, so I don't have to see the weird faces...
Keep in mind I spend nothing on avatars in SL, as it's not my prime focus - even if I do want at least a decent starting one still.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Patch said during his announcement almost 2 years ago the first Senra avatars would be Gender Neutral, or unisexual, and he wasn't kidding.  No John Wayne macho men possible with these heads.  Are there no teenagers and Z-geners in the RL that look like grown men?  Seems LL knows who they want to join and stay in LL. 

e04f474429d2fa0e55eb658b5147b75a.png

All part of the "stink" that keeps SL from growing. The stupid agenda and using a platform meant for profit to 'affect social change in the world'.

Their 'other platform' also did the same thing, but much more overt and heavy handed - where is it now?

It's okay to have sliders, it's okay to have options for people who want alternate body shapes, but why is it so hard to make a 'realistic' and 'the bell curve of humankind'-styled body shapes?

Sure, past the default avatar and if one spends money to replace it, we can "Be whatever we imagine, etc", but until then LL wants to tell you how masculine (or feminine) you are allowed to be.

"Unisex" avatars just come across as uncanny valley, are not realistic to real life in any way.. I showed some friends the new avatar looks (cuz I actually hadn't checked them out in a long while) and WOW - more terrible a first impression than ever - and I'm still in my classic avatar :D

I wonder why LL can't get the message: People like awesome looking avatars, they like customability, people's favourite part of any game is the Character Creator part. So if they are ugly, weird, or forced into some strange 'set of social rules', they're just going to 'ugghh', and click exit.

The irony: Avatar designer is biased towards feminine features and can't help it

image.png.20f68a15c405d06e94c9194dc9536d51.png

3 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Blake with Ashton skin from Inventory Library

senrablakeashtonskin.jpg.b3c0ebc5408c40a515cb7ab092f36abe.jpg

That's uncanny valley stuff, because it's like a 10 year old boy with a much older 5-oclock shadow, and is probaby a very rare or minor percentage of men would look like this.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

All part of the "stink" that keeps SL from growing. The stupid agenda and using a platform meant for profit to 'affect social change in the world'.

"Woke" is not the problem here.

All the most popular bars are gay bars.

They are universally ruined by straight folk who come for the atmosphere, and then complain about the queers.

This is why gay villages are a thing, they keep all but the most determined straight folk out.

Are you lost?

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1