Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

56 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

That was painful to watch and they totally ignored Coffee on her repeated questions about Maitreya.  Wish we had a definite answer to that one.

I didn't bother watching the video, there's a limit to how much Tiny Terror Tot wailing I can stomach without reaching for a flamethrower.

What insane crusade against Maitreya was the Caffeinated one on this time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

That was painful to watch and they totally ignored Coffee on her repeated questions about Maitreya.  Wish we had a definite answer to that one.

6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I didn't bother watching the video, there's a limit to how much Tiny Terror Tot wailing I can stomach without reaching for a flamethrower.

What insane crusade against Maitreya was the Caffeinated one on this time?

They are asking questions clearly answered... not because they don't understand, but because they are trying to make some type of points in the arguments.

It clearly says that creators of children content has to follow the rules.  Maitreya doesn't make child content... they don't have to worry about it.

They also said (in the meeting) the the modesty layer has to be part of the skin.  The skin can be changed, but the owner then cannot put a naked skin on it, or they'd be violating the rules... the creator is fine in that case

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I don't understand how representatives of Linden Labs could answer a question about a manufacturer with any authority at all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I don't understand how representatives of Linden Labs could answer a question about a manufacturer with any authority at all.

"Dear LL, when will you force Brand X Adult Bodies Inc to fit modesty panels for the benefit of non-binary feral portrayals of 15 yr old pole-dancing hookers in a Tiddy Bar in Saigon during the Vietnam War? Something must be done! Won't anyone think of the fake children?"

It's that whole "Tiny Terror tots Against Adult Avatars" thing again, if they don't like the new rules in the ToS, they want to destroy everyone else in revenge.

• Like 1

@Tommy Linden @Keira Linden

Genitals are expressly forbidden in the rules.

Adult bodies that have been downsized to make passable mid to late teens is common. It's the most desirable option as it provides the most compatibility and adaptability for clothing.

* Maitreya has them .. A soft camel toe, but it's undeniably present.

* Rebirth has them with significant additional detail and is a single mesh expressly intended for tween, teen and adult avatars.

I'm really trying to be delicate about this, do we really need pictures ?

Painted on perma undies are not going to cover this.

Is this ok or do we need to be asking Maitreya to urgently release a special edition body with a "ken" crotch .. the LaraK perhaps.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

@Tommy Linden @Keira Linden

Genitals are expressly forbidden in the rules.

Adult bodies that have been downsized to make passable mid to late teens is common. It's the most desirable option as it provides the most compatibility and adaptability for clothing.

* Maitreya has them .. A soft camel toe, but it's undeniably present.

* Rebirth has them with significant additional detail and is a single mesh expressly intended for tween, teen and adult avatars.

I'm really trying to be delicate about this, do we really need pictures ?

Painted on perma undies are not going to cover this.

Is this ok or do we need to be asking Maitreya to urgently release a special edition body with a "ken" crotch .. the LaraK perhaps.

Can't speak for the rebirth body but it someone zooms in close enough on the crotch of the Maitreya body to see camel toe they are straight up perving you at that point imo. Like you -really- have to zoom in to see it.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Can't speak for the rebirth body but it someone zooms in close enough on the crotch of the Maitreya body to see camel toe they are straight up perving you at that point imo. Like you -really- have to zoom in to see it.

Very true. And, again, there is an add-on that smooths it. Although that, I suppose, is "removable." (As is, in fact, pretty much EVERYTHING in SL, except for the default system avi.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Leslie Trihey said:

Can't speak for the rebirth body but it someone zooms in close enough on the crotch of the Maitreya to see camel toe they are straight up perving you at that point imo.

I got a copy of the female rebirth just to see how well the tween / teen / adult from a single mesh worked, surprisingly ok.

The crotch is more detailed out the box than Maitreya and has a hud option to expose extra detail (that leaves nothing to the imagination), which of course can be applied to any of the ages this body can be used for.

As for perving .. that's not the issue. The issue is are adult capable bodies used by avatars that self identify as a child (by wearing child modesty) automatic ban targets because the body out of the box breaks the genitals rules.

OR

Do we only actually care about male genitals .. and if so, maybe the rules should say that.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I got a copy of the female rebirth just to see how well the tween / teen / adult from a single mesh worked, surprisingly ok.

The crotch is more detailed out the box than Maitreya and has a hud option to expose extra detail (that leaves nothing to the imagination), which of course can be applied to any of the ages this body can be used for.

As for perving .. that's not the issue. The issue is are adult capable bodies used by avatars that self identify as a child (by wearing child modesty) automatic ban targets because the body out of the box breaks the genitals rules.

OR

Do we only actually care about male genitals .. and if so, maybe the rules should say that.

Sounds like rebirth will have to make a TOS variant to go along with its "one body fits" all package to accommodate the new TOS.

And I can't speak for LL obviously but I think they are more concerned about child avatars specifically. I really doubt teen AV's have that much to worry about in the grand scheme of things. LL has been fairly reasonable about this whole thing, I think they will continue to do so.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

It is actually fascinating to see how others perceive the age of other avatars. Some really are in a grey area making it a tad hard to guess.

I was genuinely curious the age others perceived my avi as since she is petite by sl standards.

Thank you for the feedback.

I have to agree. I've seen a handful I myself feel are borderline.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

do we need to be asking Maitreya to urgently release a special edition body

No, we just tell the Tiny Terror Tots that using a Maitreya to make a "presenting as a minor" avatar is an automatic ToS violation.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If it's needed for Maitreya, then it should be needed for all adult female body creators/brands. No exclusion, no buts. But then be proud of yourself that SL will turn into a virtual wasteland.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, we just tell the Tiny Terror Tots that using a Maitreya to make a "presenting as a minor" avatar is an automatic ToS violation.

The "tiny terror tots" aren't the problem.

The problem is the borderline avatars who fail to convincingly land 18 or 19. Which brings this to the heart of the adult community. So we can all understand your considerable involvement in trying to shut this topic down and deflect attention in every single thread that comes up about it.

Maitreya isn't an automatic anything, my concern is making sure that those who do intentionally identify as under 18 are safe doing so.

11 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

If it's needed for Maitreya, then it should be needed for all adult female body creators/brands. No exclusion, no buts. But then be proud of yourself that SL will turn into a virtual wasteland.

If Maitreya have to produce a version  for avatars under 18, don't think anyone presenting 18 or over has to use it.

Pretty sure you don't intend to imply that presenting a sexy 17 year old is SL's sexy sweet spot, because that's what it sounds like.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If Maitreya have to produce a version  for avatars under 18, don't think anyone presenting 18 or over has to use it.

If the earth was flat, we would all be floating in space because the concept of gravity wouldn't exist.

54 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

my concern is making sure that those who do intentionally...

...Juggle flaming torches, blindfolded, while soaked in gasoline, chanting "I'm fireproof because my overentitlement is pure!"...

54 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

...are safe doing so.

Good luck with that.

14 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Is that a human only thread?

No, I won't post my frog. Thought about it, though. 😄

Hate to tell you, but since the lifespan of a frog is anywhere between 4 and 15 years, you're going to be wearing that modesty layer 'til the day you die. 😅

The issue of modesty layers is definitely going to cause some people issues but lets not forget anyone who has to worry about those should also be concerned about visiting any adult sim or venturing onto any moderate sim without knowing exactly what they'll encounter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

If I put things into numbers (because that's what I do, since my days of university, bloody habit, I tell ya), it seems that as of now, 33% of respondents did not see my avatar as immediately and clearly adult. That's a fairly sobering number for something, that to my eye and mind, seemed obvious. As in, obviously adult. It does feel a bit meh all things considered but isn't the end of the world, a sky is falling scenario.

I still don't think I'm particularly at risk of copping an AR for it - but I think I'll have to take special care in text to make the distinction clear. Maybe I should let my avatar ***** about doing taxes or something. That seems to be the universal marker for the death of innocence and youthful wide eyed hope for the world.

/Edit:

Oh yah, if anyone wants to know why I marked their picture the way I did, feel free to tag me and I'll try to explain what probably amounts to a gut feel, haha.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 4

It's interesting to me how the way they dress really makes a difference for me for some avatars. Many that are dressed like an adult would get a different rating from me if they were dressed like a child or teen.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

It's interesting to me how the way they dress really makes a difference for me for some avatars. Many that are dressed like an adult would get a different rating from me if they were dressed like a child or teen.

Very true. Never underestimate the effect clothing and hair can have on one's appearance.

• Like 2

If skin creators for the current adult bodies don't create skins with modesty layers, users who are roleplaying teenagers will have to switch to a child avatar and wear children's clothing. Females who are roleplaying ages 15-17 will look like they're 11 or 12 years old because the tween bodies don't really scale up well to the older ages, and because there are not many clothing options for that age group.

Current creators of mesh bodies that are geared for tweens could make another body for teens, and clothing for teens as well but I know that they will be very busy creating new skins with the baked on modesty layers for users who are roleplaying infants, toddlers and tweens.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Here is a picture of a RL sporter.
Luke Littler is a professional top 10 dart player, runner up in the last world championship tournament.

2W9F5T7-scaled.jpg

How old?

Barely 17 years.
Starting at the age of 14 it is harder and harder to tell, just going by the looks.

Yeah, and it doesn't help 'learn' how to tell people's age when they can and do have full grown adults play teenagers in films and tv shows. And occasionally mix full age adults with kid actors playing the same age in the same film/tv show. Occasionally it is not easy to tell which specific individual actor is 25 and which is 15. And they are both playing 18 year olds. 

I mean, we could probably have a thread of RL actors playing kids and ask "adult actor or kid actor" and find 'interesting results'. 

Then again, Hollywood has never been good with ages.  Like, infamously, The Graduate (1967) has Dustin Hoffman, playing someone, I guess, around 21 ("recent college graduate"), and is 'mixed up' with two women. A mother and daughter. The "much older" than Hoffman's character, Mrs. Robinson, the RL actress playing that role I mean, was actually 6 or so years younger than Hoffman's RL age (and the daughter Robinson actresses RL age was about 11 years younger than Hoffman's RL age).  

• Like 6