So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean sure, however, the thing is. I may see them as an anime character, but someone else may see them as a child. So that is what is subjective. 

That's what I said. lol I just gave an example just as you did with them.

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

We've discussed this.  Subjectivity is me thinking your anime looks like a child.  That's my opinion based on my age and background.  You don't see anime as a child because of YOUR age and background.  Societal influences come into play as well.  That's subjectivity.  Neither of us are right or wrong.  

This has always been and always will be the case when determining an avatar's age in SL.  There's just no way to avoid it.  

Not everything is based on age or background.

Question.  We have been beating child av's over the head for 3 days now?   Where do tweens and teens fit in to the new tos requirements?   Normally I would just toss tweens in to the bucket with kids but I'd like an option.  But my question is where do teens fit in?  

Even if I do age up all the way to an adult there are still many things I'm not going to do in SL simply because they don't interest me.   I won't be going on to adult land.  I've done that maybe a few times over 6 years, so no loss there.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Never take a cuddle from an adult either, we all know what they really want.

I prefer cuddles over slex and dislike being alone even less. You never hug another avatar?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Because, as I and others have said over and over again here, LL needs to improve the optics of this. They need to show that they are "doing something."

And . . . arguably, they are at least making it more difficult to engage in these activities.

ETA: But I agree that the "modest layers" thing is the most dubious part of these new rules.

But they aren't making it more difficult. Sure, adults can't derender the clothes of kids and get off on it at their keyboards, but that activity had no effect anyway, because no one knew it was happening.

kids and adults doing it together will not be affected by this new rule

I hope the anyone in second life does send AR's more frequently now when approached for sex or hints of sexual suggestions that could lead to age.  play.  People keep saying in this thread that they need to go after the real abusers here. So stop the snitch mentality and do your part if you see it going on.   

Of course I'm not talking about hunts or seeking stuff out but if it comes to you .. do something about it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

all i'm saying is its not ALWAYS innocent kids being hit on by adult perverts. Any kid doing it with an adult is just as much a pervert, and just as much as fault

Eh what you smoking ?  These issues are not about the avatar, its down the the individual behind it no matter what they appear as. Do get off the soap box on "stereotypes", as thats a very big rabbit hole that goes nowhere as well as socially ignorant.  My suggestion is to get out and meet more people, educate yourself! 

• Confused 2

Just now, Madi Melodious said:

Question.  We have been beating child av's over the head for 3 days now?   Where do tweens and teens fit in to the new tos requirements?   Normally I would just toss tweens in to the bucket with kids but I'd like an option.  But my question is where do teens fit in?  

Even if I do age up all the way to an adult there are still many things I'm not going to do in SL simply because they don't interest me.   I won't be going on to adult land.  I've done that maybe a few times over 6 years, so no loss there.  

Well maybe you missed it but I've been mentioning teens and tweens from the start, intentionally separating them from the "child" designation as people often clump them together.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I prefer cuddles over slex and dislike being alone even less. You never hug another avatar?

hugs, ehhhh sure, but cuddles imply an emotional connection, slex can be purely physical.

Being cuddled by someone i don't care for creeps me out

This guy I know animates me into a jump hug, i hate it, it implies i'm soooo happy to see him that i jump into his arms.

cut the hug and lets just do it.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff for clarity
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

If the are 17 and under, from what I understand, they are in the same bucket as child avatars, because they are still a person that is using a minor/kid avatar. But that is just my best guess, and it's clearly not clear and mess, because what's the difference besides age/laws between a 17 and 18 year old? It's a mess imho.

Edited by Theresa Ravenheart
  • Like 2

I can't even imagine seeing what an anime child would look like irl if they were real. You're walking down the street and suddenly Ash Ketchup popping out, giant eyeballs, giant head, never aged still 10 years old how the show stated he was after 40 years with Pikachu. I'd be afraid, truly.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Never take a cuddle from an adult either, we all know what they really want.

That is very disingenuous of you to say. Don't put every adult into the same category. Myself I enjoy cuddles in SL and don't bump pixel uglies. So I see that as a very ignorant statement, as it assumes all adults in SL are the same and think the same. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

What horrible acts interfere with being a good person?

You tell me, I'm not the one worried about my IM's! I figure anyone who is must be pretty dark. No offense, of course.

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Myself I enjoy cuddles in SL and don't bump pixel uglies. So I see that as a very ignorant statement, as it assumes all adults in SL are the same and think the same. 

+2

3 minutes ago, Grayson Blakewell said:

Eh what you smoking ?  These issues are not about the avatar, its down the the individual behind it no matter what they appear as. Do get off the soap box on "stereotypes", as thats a very big rabbit hole that goes nowhere as well as socially ignorant.  My suggestion is to get out and meet more people, educate yourself! 

ooo another one for my block list, have a nice life

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

That is very disingenuous of you to say. Don't put every adult into the same category. Myself I enjoy cuddles in SL and don't bump pixel uglies. So I see that as a very ignorant statement, as it assumes all adults in SL are the same and think the same. 

Some people live off categories, BillyJo here I am sure could spend a good 5 hours telling you all hers. Don't give her hugs though, she don't like them. That would be a very interesting date . 

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I agree with you, but I get where she's coming from. When ever I've been out on my Lara avatar, anyone who ever asked me to cuddle or even dance has tried to take the activity further eventually. Despite it being clear in my profile and with me warring them in text before hand that it wouldn't be going beyond that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You tell me, I'm not the one worried about my IM's! I figure anyone who is must be pretty dark. No offense, of course.

Well I did mean it as general statement. You assumed I said it because I had something to hide :)

26 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

In RL you never blame the child because the child is always the victim, but in SL its half and half, pervo kids trying to hit on adults.

If a strange kid ever asks you for a hug, runnnnnnn 😂

Who do you think is running the pervo kids? Pervo adults.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2