So what changed in the Terms of Service?

56 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

We need cliff notes, this is going to be huge!

I think whoever makes the post that runs this thread over 200 should get a inworld plague.  Likewise, the poor mole has been gifted the task of moderating this "discussion", a medal, a raise, and all the Prozac they can handle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They're waiting a little bit more, then they'll more than likely lock it and gather what they can out of it.

The only reason it's not locked yet  is because they are letting it stay open for now to get as much feedback as they can..

It's went  around and around more than a few times, but they must think  with each loop there is something in there.. hehehe

I know I'm getting dizzy.. hehehe

I just figured that if they shut down this thread people will go other places to voice their frustration. Might as well keep it in a tiny box. :)

I just hope people don't get comfortable with the lack of moderation in the thread.  Especially the newcomers that inevitably will remain after this has been resolved. 

They've obviously been told to leave it alone. More than half the posts here would have either gotten removed or the thread locked if this was any other thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They're waiting a little bit more, then they'll more than likely lock it and gather what they can out of it.

The only reason it's not locked yet  is because they are letting it stay open for now to get as much feedback as they can..

It's went  around and around more than a few times, but they must think  with each loop there is something in there.. hehehe

I know I'm getting dizzy.. hehehe

You know, it's been a surprising civil thread considering.  Off topic here and there but overall, one of the best threads on a contentious subject for as.long as I can remember.   Bravo everyone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I think whoever makes the post that runs this thread over 200 should get a inworld plague.  Likewise, the poor mole has been gifted the task of moderating this "discussion", a medal, a raise, and all the Prozac they can handle.

"Plague", or "Plaque"? Asking for myself.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You know, it's been a surprising civil thread considering.  Off topic here and there but overall, one of the best threads on a contentious subject for as.long as I can remember.   Bravo everyone!

I agree, it's been pretty smooth and sometimes even enjoyable.. hehehe

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I just figured that if they shut down this thread people will go other places to voice their frustration. Might as well keep it in a tiny box. :)

I just hope people don't get comfortable with the lack of moderation in the thread.  Especially the newcomers that inevitably will remain after this has been resolved. 

They've obviously been told to leave it alone. More than half the posts here would have either gotten removed or the thread locked if this was any other thread.

They mentioned something about letting it ride.. It might have even been in this thread, early on.. It's around the time they said something about  letting us know they were watching..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I agree, it's been pretty smooth and sometimes even enjoyable.. hehehe

I like the fact we have been able to discuss a lot of different scenarios that LL may not have thought of which they can now think about and come up with solutions for so that there is much needed clarity. 

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

About 200 pages back the adult avatars where puzzled why we were fighting for the right to run naked on moderate land.  When we were doing no such thing.

Very true. The issue here, that some don't seem to get, is that naked non-child avatars on Moderate pose a threat to child avatars.

21 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

Now they are griping because we don't want them running naked on moderate land.

And this is where, I think, you don't "get it."

You and others are understandably upset that rule changes are restricting your right to freely move through SL and engage in the kind of behaviours that you prefer, namely, RPing as children.

Those who don't RP as children are understandably upset about the suggestion that they should give up their ability to move freely through a very large swathe of SL (mainly mainland) engaging in a kind of behaviour that they enjoy, namely being naked.

You've also suggested that we should just get rid of "Moderate," which *I* would fight hard against, because it would divide SL into two completely incompatible and likely uncommunicative extremes: one where everything is Happy Valley and Norman Rockwell, and another where extreme sex and violence are permitted, with no in-between state currently represented by Moderate. It would be like having a choice between having to live in a Disney princess castle, and a sex club.

If you want people to give consideration to your defence of your freedoms and choices, you need to acknowledge and concede those of others as well.

That's why we need a workable compromise here.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just now, brodiac90 said:

I like the fact we have been able to discuss a lot of different scenarios that LL may not have thought of which they can now think about and come up with solutions for so that there is much needed clarity. 

Ya, that's one of the reasons it's still here as well.. It gives them plenty of food for thought..

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They mentioned something about letting it ride.. It might have even been in this thread, early on.. It's around the time they said something about  letting us know they were watching..

34788f7f58057bf027985460008a1b3f.gif.288ac15906f044984add4615d1f309c9.gif

This was Quartz all weekend.

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

@Lucia Nightfirenever did come back, though.  She abandoned her own thread!

She most probably read your reply and decided that there is no reason to be interested in more than that. Possible reasons: Not affected or being affected but understanding an agreeing with sense and content perfectly. Like 95 percent of SL users.

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Very true. The issue here, that some don't seem to get, is that naked non-child avatars on Moderate pose a threat to child avatars.

And this is where, I think, you don't "get it."

You and others are understandably upset that rule changes are restricting your right to freely move through SL and engage in the kind of behaviours that you prefer, namely, RPing as children.

Those who don't RP as children are understandably upset about the suggestion that they should give up their ability to move freely through a very large swathe of SL (mainly mainland) engaging in a kind of behaviour that they enjoy, namely being naked.

You've also suggested that we should just get rid of "Moderate," which *I* would fight hard against, because it would divide SL into two completely incompatible and likely uncommunicative extremes: one where everything is Happy Valley and Norman Rockwell, and another where extreme sex and violence are permitted, with no in-between state currently represented by Moderate. It would be like having a choice between having to live in a Disney princess castle, and a sex club.

If you want people to give consideration to your defence of your freedoms and choices, you need to acknowledge and concede those of others as well.

That's why we need a workable compromise here.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

She pulled a @Gopi Passiflora? Just teasing.

Speaking of kids, we'd benefit from @PheebyKatz's contribution to this thread, I hope she catches it!

She probably went right into lurker mode, because when she left , I could have sworn I heard her say.. I'm probably gonna regret this in the morning..

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

despair.png

Dyna and I are still here.   We're not saying much because we have other stuff to do on weekdays but we're certainly still trying to follow the thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

19 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

We are not pretending to be children. We will fight for the right to be naked, as adults, ON A ADULT PLATFORM!

No, you're not.  You are pretending to be whatever bimbo, pimp, furry, lizard like, car, mailbox, or even fire plug that you want to be.   That is what make SL great and it's not your place to question what type of avatar someone is or what they want from their SL.  Just like its none of anyone's business what you choose to be.  

As long as you meet still hazy guide lines as put down by a still vague process by somewhat silent overlord.  mileage may very, not applicate in all states, void Eldamar, message rates may apply.. thank you drive through

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Quartz Mole said:

Dyna and I are still here.   We're not saying much because we have other stuff to do on weekdays but we're certainly still trying to follow the thread.

Other stuff? Working on baking modesty panels? 🥰

We feel your pain. Honestly, we do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Hope you're both well, and enjoying the smashing job we are doing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3