So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I think perhaps it would be enough to apply the same restrictions to nudity in Moderate regions as they do to adult content and activities.

On your own parcel, "behind closed doors" as they put it, should still be perfectly acceptable as long as access to the parcel is limited.

Why? Because a handful of dedicated Child Avi Pilots whine? Consider that the more these few guys whine and generate a huge wave: Linden Lab is a commercial company, not a psychotherapist center for Child Avatar Pilots. In which direction, do you think, they will move if they feel forced to decide on that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I wear all the same stuff everyone else wears.  What I don't do is have my T&A hanging out all the time.  That, I might agree to some extend, is a younger person thing.  I don't feel the need to basically say...LOOK AT ME...every day and every place.

nearly affraid to ask... what's T&A? :SwingingFriends:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I didn't type out the entire word, was meant to be without it means that people should be able to express themselves without someone else talking bad about how someone else express themselves, I don't get your question.

the words "with" and "without" are opposites... so it reads opposite of your meaning, so I just wanted to know if it was typed wrong, because I don't think hate has any place here

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

The panic button hud started as a project a few weeks back when it became apparent that child av's were going to be banned from Adult regions.  My first though was trolls could lure a child av to a general or a moderate sim, change the rating, and then AR every child av there.  Some experimenting showed this was unlikely but still possible.   That feature is still built into the hud.

Some child av have adult shapes that they use to go into adult regions.  Now they can attach the panic button to their child Av outfits or shape, and if they accidently or they are lured into a adult region it will care them to a safe zone of their choice.  The default safezone is the general Welcomehub if they do not set their own.  

It does more than just monitor teleporting; it monitors if they cross into adult region by walking, riding or sailing.  It also serves as a panic button, if you touch the hud for less than 2 seconds it will carry you to safety.  

Most for of the options can be set, so if you want it to limit to yourself to General sims you can set it.  You can turn off the automatic teleporting feature where it will just give a warning if you go to a nonsafe region also. 

It has one undocumented feature that I forgot about.  I also keep track of the last 250 sims I believe, and will alert you if you tp in to a sim that has had its region changed since the last time you where there.

Thank you for that.   When I read it the first time I imagined a hud you had to click on to teleport you away which seemed redundant to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I wear all the same stuff everyone else wears.  What I don't do is have my T&A hanging out all the time.  That, I might agree to some extend, is a younger person thing.  I don't feel the need to basically say...LOOK AT ME...every day and every place.

That is one really useful aspect of all the body enhancement attachments you can buy these days!

You can remain fully clothed and still have your T&A hanging out, just rez them and leave them on a chair or hang them on the wall...

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

17 minutes ago, Piper Kelly said:

Why would you need a panic button when all you have to do is hit the home button?   

Because the panic button monitor's the sim's current rating and will automatically TP you home to safe land if the rating suddenly changes. So for example, if I'm on M land and it suddenly changes to A (which would mean I'm breaking TOS) it would auto tp me home. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There's no stated restriction on public nudity in public M regions, is there?

OFGS! Where are these masses of child avatars that just LOVE to chill out all day on the beach?

I tell you what. I will buy a homestead, make it a whole beach hangout without nudity, charge 1L admission and see how many people come to hang out. I bet I don't make 10L over the course of me owning it. 

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I'd like to see statistics that therapy is one of the largest uses of Second Life because I totally disagree with that. 

It MAY be that it's one of the largest uses of the people that you associate with but that is not my experience.

In fact, I'd be highly suspect of ANY therapist that suggests Roleplaying in Second Life as a therapy tool.  

You have a link to the article, read it and see for yourself.  The article is dated so but still seems to be relevant to me. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Why? Because a handful of dedicated Child Avi Pilots whine? Consider that the more these few guys whine and generate a huge wave: Linden Lab is a commercial company, not a psychotherapist center for Child Avatar Pilots. In which direction, do you think, they will move if they feel forced to decide on that?

I'd hope that they'd move in a direction that the majority of their user base approves of and in a way that doesn't unfairly disadvantage any one particular group unnecessarily.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

That is one really useful aspect of all the body enhancement attachments you can buy these days!

You can remain fully clothed and still have your T&A hanging out, just rez them and leave them on a chair or hang them on the wall...

So airing them out so to speak.  😂

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Exactly. This would be logical and consistent, and would simultaneously mean that child avis were safe in public areas of M rated regions.

And close down the Burlesques and stripjoints and skin shops LL speciificlly mentioned as suitable for M rated land.

Well done you just displaced a whole load of businesses which now have to move to Zindra, oh and made sure that the "kiddies" get even more hate and intolerance.

Good JOB! 

👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

Because the panic button monitor's the sim's current rating and will automatically TP you home to safe land if the rating suddenly changes. So for example, if I'm on M land and it suddenly changes to A (which would mean I'm breaking TOS) it would auto tp me home. 

I know right! It's always so distressful for me when a sim rating changes from M to A right before my eyes.  Let's see it's happened to me - NEVER.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

the words "with" and "without" are opposites... so it reads opposite of your meaning, so I just wanted to know if it was typed wrong, because I don't think hate has any place here

I'm a human, I accidentally didn't type out without. It was a mistake, thank you for the lesson.

All I was trying to say "express yourself without hate" I'm not a perfect human being.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And close down the Burlesques and stripjoints and skin shops LL speciificlly mentioned as suitable for M rated land.

Well done you just displaced a whole load of businesses which now have to move to Zindra, oh and made sure that the "kiddies" get even more hate and intolerance.

Good JOB! 

👍

This lacks sense or clear sound reasoning. 

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I know right! It's always so distressful for me when a sim rating changes from M to A right before my eyes.  Let's see it's happened to me - NEVER.

it may be incredibly rare but it's not a risk worth taking. I guess it's easy to downplay the issue if you'te not affected. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I think the argument could be made that those are not instances of public nudity, in the sense that they are generally indoors on privately owned parcels. I see no problems with simply naming such things as exceptions. They already are named explicitly in the guidelines.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

Ngl what you said lacks sense or clear sound reasoning. 

You know we get that you're not gonna lie in your posts. No need to constantly remind us. We get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Read the rest of the site.  The 18-34 group would be a LOT of those Roblox and Minecraft users.

Gaming remains a major trend in virtual worlds, with platforms like Roblox and Minecraft continuing to attract millions of users.   

In addition to these popular games, there are many other virtual worlds focused on gaming, such as World of Warcraft and Eve Online.

Some virtual worlds are also exploring new gaming experiences, such as virtual reality games that offer more immersive and interactive gameplay.

Roblox is for children. It's primary demographic is Gen Alpha. Most of my generation wouldn't be caught dead there. Mine craft while certainly more diverse in age range is primarily dominated by Gen z and Gen Alpha with millennial as a minority.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

You have a link to the article, read it and see for yourself.  The article is dated so but still seems to be relevant to me. 

Naw, I don't care that much. Besides I know that most people come to Second Life for sex not therapy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I'd hope that they'd move in a direction that the majority of their user base approves of and in a way that doesn't unfairly disadvantage any one particular group unnecessarily.

They will decide to move to where the money is. And the money is not in the pockets of the Child Avtar Pilots. Business is not "fair". And Linden Lab is a business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.