So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:
  • Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.

Sure, but if the child avatar is "just there" (present), that doesn't mean they are "engaging or participating".

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Are there infant avatars out there run by adults?

Chery, there are houseplants run by RL adults.

Seriously.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Misspelled name! Sorry, Chery!!
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Cheryl, there are houseplants run by RL adults.

Seriously.

I once met someone who was a tree, they were pretty fun to talk to. :)

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/2/2024 at 2:33 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

They can be split into different parcels, but I am pretty sure they must all share the same rating, including private regions. At least, that's what the Knowledge Base says.

He is still beating a dead horse, a sim can only have one maturity rating, it cannot be split

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

If something is subjective it actually means its based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions If it's actual facts it would be non of does things why would it be based on age influence or background?

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The Bellicosian Anti-Privacy Zone will become a problem. It's covenant expressly forbids security such as group only access banlines, or orbs that can actually keep people out, so no, Belli is not going to be a "safe space" for kid avi's, or a safe space FROM kid avi's.

Belli compliant orbs cannot bounce people in "a few" seconds, and they can't auto-ban to stop the bounced coming right back in.

The belli security orb has a setting where you can set it to only allow whitelisted avatars. Anyone not on that list can't access your Linden home and is ejected after 15 seconds but not autobanned.  How is that against the covenant?

I'm sure LL can see if the avatar was on the land for longer than 15 seconds and if they did or did not get ejected after that.  Seems pretty safe to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I don't like the idea of actual child avatars run by adults breastfeeding. Are there infant avatars out there run by adults? I'm curious. I know breastfeeding is natural but ... there are so many kinks associated with it in sl it seems icky here.

As for animesh babies .. I see no problem there's not back and forth roleplay between the two.  I'm sure someone could make it dirty if they tried hard enough too though.

lol i wanna be a baby so I can nurse on my mommys breast 😂

maybe that's the guys kink, maybe that why he plays a baby... talk about perverted

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff for clarification
  • Haha 1

Just now, MissSweetViolet said:

I once met someone who was a tree, they were pretty fun to talk too. :)

THAT would be amusing. I'd love to get to know a witty and engaging tree.

All mine are very dull, and obsessed with getting sunlight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 2:38 PM, Sammy Huntsman said:

There is no reason to derender clothing of anyone. 

deleted

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
this was an old post i responded to by accident
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
4 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

I once met someone who was a tree, they were pretty fun to talk too. :)

THAT would be amusing. I'd love to get to know a witty and engaging tree.

A tree does sound ENTertaining.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Were I on a child avi in a Moderate region, and an adult undressed after arriving, and in obvious proximity to me, I'd AR him.

they might have undressed while you were still an orange cloud, so they didn't know you were a kid.

Are you trying to adocate war between kids and adults?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. I have a niece who was breastfed to the age of 4, which, I'll admit, I thought a little excessive, but it was the child's, not her mother's choice. (Her older sister had stopped just past the age of 1).

It is recommended for a mother to breastfeed a child for as long as the mother is willing to, which can be a month, a year, 5 years, 11 years etc. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I don't think so but better safe than sorry. I can't remember everything I've said in IM for the past 15 years. Can you?

I never said anything that would get me banned in the context of the AP discussion.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Were I on a child avi in a Moderate region, and an adult undressed after arriving, and in obvious proximity to me, I'd AR him.

I would too, in fact this was LL's other big tunnel vision directive. There are a lot of people on here on an anti-kid streak but of the times I have seen full S&M types on G rated and M land including shopping events, dressed like they came from an all night gimp sex orgy, I would be a very rich man. As said before, the problem is far bigger than LL have realized. Second Life was never directed to be a sexual explicit place, it is a section of the users who have made this so. LL need to clean the house properly. Besides this was what Zindra was for, why are people not using and crying for Adult rated lands separate from there? It if is there for sexualized content and its a resource, then people should use it. 

Actually I might start reporting such people when I see them, there is a time and place for these things. Not everyone wishes to see sexual vulgarity around every corner. 

Edited by Grayson Blakewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

51 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

No.

It takes 2 people in most cases to engage in improper sexual behavior in SL, though if one avatar is engaging in self-pleasuring, then they are the one engaging in improper sexual behavior. There are bad actors who use child avatars and bad actors who use adult avatars, but in both cases there are vastly more people who would never want to engage in such behavior.

In RL you never blame the child because the child is always the victim, but in SL its half and half, pervo kids trying to hit on adults.

If a strange kid ever asks you for a hug, runnnnnnn 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

In RL you never blame the child because the child is always the victim, but in SL its half and half, pervo kids trying to hit on adults.

If a strange kid ever asks you for a hug, runnnnnnn 😂

Wrong, you be surprised. Its mostly the adult perverts from the sex regions approaching children looking for another thrill. Do get your facts correct. 

Edited by Grayson Blakewell
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

they might have undressed while you were still an orange cloud, so they didn't know you were a kid.

Then I could counsel the adult to have some faith in the ability of Governance to make an intelligent decision, just as we are all here arguing that child avatars should do. I imagine that the actions of said person subsequent to recognizing that they were in the presence of a child would make their intent pretty clear. What's good for the goose . . .

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Are you trying to adocate war between kids and adults?

Of course! As you have astutely divined, that is my entire intent in posting in this thread!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Grayson Blakewell said:

I would too, in fact this was LL's other big tunnel vision directive. There are a lot of people on here on an anti-kid streak but of the times I have seen full S&M types on G rated and M land including shopping events, dressed like they came from an all night gimp sex orgy, I would be a very rich man. As said before, the problem is far bigger than LL have realized. Second Life was never directed to be a sexual explicit place, it is a section of the users who have made this so. LL need to clean the house properly. Besides this was what Zindra was for, why are people not using and crying for Adult rated lands separate from there? It if is there for sexualized content and its a resource, then people should use it. 

Actually I might start reporting such people when I see them, there is a time and place for these things. Not everyone wishes to see sexual vulgarity around every corner. 

Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think this is the "nuke it from orbit" option, and would effectively kill off the community of child avis.

It's also overkill because, as you say,

If it's not actually accomplishing anything more, I don't see the point of extending the ban to M rated areas.

And, honestly, again, there should be no problems with child avis in M rated areas 99% of the time. There are a lot of really "but it could happen!" edgecase instances being posted here, but I've seen nothing that I think would seriously jeopardize a child avi if it happened in an "M" rated area.

ok, so every child wears the modesty layers all the time. Will this stop carnal knowledge of minors? If yes, great, if no, why is LL doing this?