So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Just now, Leslie Trihey said:

Weird, not seeing this on the knowledge base or the official linden labs website. 🤔Just:

Moderate. Second Life's Moderate designation accommodates most of the non-adult activities common in Second Life.

I like how everyone is ignoring this part here from the guidelines:

"Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces)."

This should explain why Moderate sims are +18.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Maybe those regions restrict them because they don't look like realistic humans? Not all anime characters represent children. Many represent teenagers, but some also represent adults.

image.thumb.png.f3661269bbfb77795d70a24add1963cc.png

As a person who has been told to lose the rabbit ears or get out, I agree, lots of places only want "real" humans at their venus

• Like 3

I truly feel like if LL wanted away with child avatars we would have gotten different rules. They had time to think about this.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, but what I hope we do NOT get into is a sort of "shoot 'em all, and let God sort it out" mentality.

I do worry there is going to be, for at least the first little while, an absolute firestorm of ARs.

Of course there will be. A ton of collateral damage will happen. If enough people lose their $2000 + accounts over this, it will take another chunk out of LL's already damaged reputation.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Only by people TOO LAZY to read the actual Official LL Maturity Ratings.

G Rated is PG-13

M Rated is PG 18+ No Sex or Extreme Violence

A Rated is 18+ Restricted, Warning Sex and Violence allowed.

How do you keep pulling this stuff out of your ass?  It's like a stage magician's handkerchiefs.

• Haha 3

Just now, stlshayne said:

I truly feel like if LL wanted away with child avatars we would have gotten different rules. They had time to think about this.

Its called the death of a thousand cuts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Actually, "1948" is by George Orwell's less-well-known second cousin (twice removed), Wilbur Orwell.

I just assumed they'd released a prequel, since they seem to have "rebooted" just about everything else in modern literature already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, stlshayne said:

Very much so.

I think they've done the minimum they thought they needed to do to show that they were paying attention, and "doing something."

The fact that child avatars are still permitted in Moderate rated regions is an indication of that.

This could have been a LOT worse.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, BriannaLovey said:

Of course there will be. A ton of collateral damage will happen. If enough people lose their $2000 + accounts over this, it will take another chunk out of LL's already damaged reputation.

LL is doomed anyway, they will carry on in this self destructive path until they eventually shut down, the sad part, they will blame the customers, never themselves.

• Confused 2

Just now, Asdrea Evergarden said:

"Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces)."

These things are restricted to private spaces, and cannot be publicly displayed or advertised. Public spaces IE; Infohubs, roads, public parks, public event area's, sandboxes, etc. These are all PG-13.

And I am once again asking, do one of you care to answer how exactly would banning a group of a few thousand users from the majority of the SL mainland, and the majority of the grid go down? From a lot of area's that are effectively PG-13? Regardless of context or content. Do you see it going well? I don't.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Its called the death of a thousand cuts

I'm very familiar with the term and I respectfully disagree., They're not the Supreme Court. They're a company. They could go for the jugular if they wanted.

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Asdrea Evergarden said:

The ones to decide if something is a breach are LL support. We just report situations we believe they're a breach.

yes, but you said 'potential" .. and that's nót a breach.

2 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Inithium! Kupra cups! And blood coming from nose and a head patter? Am i close? 😜 

Your type of avi is a lot of fun. So squishy and bouncy....more power to you 😘

She's said, several times, she uses a Utilizator Kemono body.

It's an old fursona body with built in options for "human feet" that make it suspiciously child like when one replaces the furry head included with it, with a "human" Utilizator M3 series or M4 series child like Anime head.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's an old fursona body with built in options for "human feet" that make it suspiciously child like when one replaces the furry head included with it, with a "human" Utilizator M3 series or M4 series child like Anime head.

Yeah but, child like head and body aside, she has a "disclaimer" in her profile that she is not a kid, so it's all ok, right!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

These are supposed to look child like? 🤔

glasses.jpg?1364646480smgoni4.jpg?1620646427

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Asdrea Evergarden said:

I think the last page I was in was page 45. What is being ignored?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I'm very familiar with the term and I respectfully disagree., They're not the Supreme Court. They're a company. They could go for the jugular if they wanted.

if they can sucker people into paying good money for a while longer, they won't.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

These are supposed to look child like? 🤔

glasses.jpg?1364646480smgoni4.jpg?1620646427

It's like that they hate anime styled avatar's jeez... Them people do sound alot like does twitter freaks. This doesn't even phase me theses avatars are cute you can't deny that cuteness isn't necessarily a bad thing I like cute avatars like this. Does Karen's seen to have this logic. Anime = Child = Report.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wincil, a genuinely friendly word of warning.

This kind of abusive insult is not permitted here, and it will get you suspended or, if it is repeated often enough, get this thread locked. Please try to avoid personal insults?

there has been worse insults from several people and no one got banned.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1