So what changed in the Terms of Service?

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But "being a naked child avatar" is "appearance".

Yes, and therefore a stupid point to act on. There is a difference between a naked kid dancing on a pole in a club - and one splashing in the water on a nude family beach. But if I re-enacted my totally innocent and sexfree RL kid summer fun in SL I would be punished for that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Yes, and therefore a stupid point to act on. There is a difference between a naked kid dancing on a pole in a club - and one splashing in the water on a nude family beach. But if I re-enacted my totally innocent and sexfree RL kid summer fun in SL I would be punished for that.

Just put a bathing suit on your baby avatar. It's really not that hard nd it won't take away any of the experience unless its all about being a naked kid on a beach for you. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

For all those complaining that the new rule is "un-enforceable", here is a heads up.

Un-enforceable rules are very useful catch-alls.

Are the Grid Cops going to do strip searches on all the pint-sized ToS violation avatars? No.

But if they see a possible Pint-sized Tos Violation avatar, and decide they don't like what it's upto or where it is, or the wording in it's very suspicious profile, they can hang it out to dry with the vague un-0enforceable rules, because it's bound to violate some of them if they look hard enough.

Un-enforceable Rules - Working As Intended.

Ya, they'll just dust off and fire up those height detectors they had back in the old days and put a timer on the boot or ban. If they ever even put them away.. hehehe

Many aren't going to research it too hard or work at it too hard and just put up what they feel is the quickest and easiest way to deal with the changes that keeps them from trouble..

ETA: Oop's, sorry, for some reason I had land owners in my head rather the AR junkies.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

3 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

But if I re-enacted my totally innocent and sexfree RL kid summer fun in SL I would be punished for that.

What´s your problem with the modesty patch when you are so modest and sexfree? Explain.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I love how some people here insist that there's no way we can ever know if it's a child avi. Newsflash - We know what kids look like and no, it's not JUST related to height. 

No, you don't. There have been pictures of avatars in these threads with different people guessing the ages anywhere between 15-25. Maybe you recognize an 8 year old but when it gets to the teens, it becomes much harder to accurately and consistently determine which is under 18.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I love how some people here insist that there's no way we can ever know if it's a child avi. Newsflash - We know what kids look like and no, it's not JUST related to height. 

I sure am glad I had three of them to burn that into my brain.. Although I will say, they sure came close to being adult sized when they came out..

My oldest was 2 ft long and 11 pounds.. I thought I was giving birth to a full grown man!! \o/

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

The overwhelming majority of child avatars doesn't do anything wrong - but they are once more punished for the actions of a minority (which still will do what they want). And a (for example) 14yo avatar is forbidden from doing things an RL 14yo would be in full right to do.

This is pretty much how all of life works.  A few people cause problems and we end up with tons of laws/rules/restrictions that apply to everyone in an effort to control the bad apples.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I like that, it's an example of the old adage, "I know it when I see it"!

8 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Just put a bathing suit on your baby avatar. It's really not that hard nd it won't take away any of the experience unless its all about being a naked kid on a beach for you. 

Once more: why should that be necessary? Because some people are not able to see differences in behaviour? Makes me wonder what is going on in these peoples minds. Reminds me of the old saying of "He who sees the naked human body as something dirty and to be hidden must have a really dirty mind himself.".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is pretty much how all of life works.  A few people cause problems and we end up with tons of laws/rules/restrictions that apply to everyone in an effort to control the bad apples.

The sad thing is, it mostly controls the good apples and makes more bad apples and the ones already bad, just keep on keepin on..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Ok, so in reading the clarification policy, my take would be child avatar creators will need to make the chest, pelvis and buttocks just smooth, no detail areas. Then the skins they make will need to have a baked on the skin layer panties that cover the pelvis and buttlocks. If the chest area has no areola or nipples, would the chest area still need a baked on modesty chest band?

Seems like then, BOM itmes could still be used such as underpants, panties, tank tops that can hide the baked on modesty layers as well as the other child clothing. 

Edited by Indy Melody
correct to way written
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

What´s your problem with the modesty patch when you are so modest and sexfree? Explain.

Do you put modesty patches on RL kids, too? Hm. Mormon underwear? But I think even Mormons take off their kids's clothes in the appropriate situations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

...can't just take a picture of a naked child avatar who has had his/her clothing and underwear derendered and the picture then submitted with an AR. Governance will not have to determine if the child was truly naked or just derendered  by the photographer to appear that way.

Wrong. When the skin under the (derendered) attachments has no modesty patches the account of that age player will be dust.

• Like 1

Just now, Vivienne Schell said:

Wrong. When the skin under the (derendered) attachments has no modesty patches the account of that age player will be dust.

And if that's the only way you can determine the age of the avatar, you have proved my point.

5 minutes ago, Indy Melody said:

Ok, so in reading Linden Lab Official:Clarification of policy disallowing ***** - Second Life Wiki, my take would be child avatar creators will need to make the chest, pelvis and buttocks just smooth, no detail areas. Then the skins they make will need to have a baked on the skin layer panties that cover the pelvis and buttlocks. If the chest area has no areola or nipples, would the chest area still need a baked on modesty chest band?

Seems like then, BOM itmes could still be used such as underpants, panties, tank tops that can hide the baked on modesty layers as well as the other child clothing. 

No they can't because if they are BOM, they can be removed which is against the new rules

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No, you don't. There have been pictures of avatars in these threads with different people guessing the ages anywhere between 15-25. Maybe you recognize an 8 year old but when it gets to the teens, it becomes much harder to accurately and consistently determine which is under 18.

I think the child avatars that they are addressing with these changes are before puberty child avatars and not avatars that look like they are under 18..

Child avatar is pretty much it's own genre in this world.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Once more: why should that be necessary? 

Because it's not much of an ask and won't ruin your family beach day unless the fun for you actually comes from being a naked baby. 

Gdanmit why are people so creepy here

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Vanity logs in this morning to see the thread is now at page 34, when she was all caught up at page 21 last night.

Vanity sighs, pours another large cup of strong black coffee, and braces herself for another day when she never gets out of the community forums...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

There simply is no need to change as long as behaviour is prosecuted and not appearance. And I didn't talk about trying out adult animations, if I would do that it would be a good and real reason for punishment. I was talking about trying out kids animations/furniture and being punished for simply being in the same store that in some other area has adult stuff. Or for being on a region that is rated adult but has no adult stuff on it at all.

Child and teen avatars should not be in Adult sims, it's really that simple. You are choosing to be a child avatar, you have to make the adjustments, not the rest of us. If you go to Adult land for any reason, you should have to be in an adult avatar. Then there are zero issues! It's really that simple and takes like 10 seconds to switch using the outfit feature.

• Like 5

As someone who exclusively plays a kid avatar this is my take. 

I agree with about 99.9% of everything the Labs are doing. Kids shouldn't be on adult land. I'd also like to see better policing of G land to ensure adults behave too. 

Even the modesty layer is mostly a good idea, it just probably should have been implemented from the start. The problem is the execution where it breaks years / $$$ of content. My avatar is effectively broken and will be banned on 30th June unless updates are forthcoming.Playing an adult avatar is not an option for me no more than people who have male avatars and would never use a female one or vise versa. 

Read the FAQ aimed at content creators. The body MUST have a baked in modesty layer that cannot be removed. Simply having a 3rd party skin from another creator with a modesty layer is not enough. I actually fully expect the labs to delete all the old versions of child avatars from people's accounts if / when things are updated. That's what I would do. The intent is to make it impossible for kids to be nude. Again, this is mostly a good idea, although part of me feels sick that I need this modesty layer - I've done nothing wrong and never will but will be punished because of the actions of a few.  

The execution is poor. My premium renewal is up this month. I don't see the point in spending £99 when I don't even know if I'll be able to remain in SL. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think the child avatars that they are addressing with these changes are before puberty child avatars and not avatars that look like they are under 18..

Child avatar is pretty much it's own genre in this world.

Tiny minority, loud, agressive, pushing. Instead of being glad that they are not banned from entire SL or at least Moderate/Adult now the tiny minority tries to generate a huge wave now. Good that they do not get away with it anymore.

• Like 3