So what changed in the Terms of Service?

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Height wasn't an issue before anything, they shouldn't be able to report you for being 5'2" They shouldn't be able to ban you, before, for even being 5'0" As long as you are adult, you should be fine.

I mean... it can play a factor in situation where you're on a sim with a bunch of people that are all extremely tall. Then, by comparison, you might LOOK more young than you intended just by contrast. This has happened to me several times. I'm in the 'use the built in shape height' camp, so my avatars are almost always shorter that other people. I do use a fairly youthful face, but not something I personally would deem child-like or teen. It's the Lelutka Avalon head with a Heaux skin. I also use a proportion tool for my avatar and model her roughly to 7 heads in proportion. I use Legacy Perky, no deformers, but my shape is what I would deem as skinny. Breast slider is at like... 35 or 40 I think.

All of this makes for, what I would call a "young adult" or perhaps, depending on the clothing I'm wearing late teen (18, 19). Suddenly though, if I'm on a sim of giants, I look like a kid standing next to them.

*sigh*

7 minutes ago, SynergyOne said:

Except using the ideal female proportions, when you compare to the 7 and 8 foot tall huge AVs these shapes are behind report and banned NOW even before the changes, and the ideal height of 5'8 is TALL compared to world average of 5'2

LL won't ban you for being 5'2"

Height isn't the only way to tell. It is the ratios of each body part to each other. How curvy or flat, how wide or thin, etc etc. The biggest factor though is the head and its facial features.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dorientje Woller said:

So, some asked of pictures in SL. This is the base I am using, 1m55, petite and slender. Is this adult enough?

Aurore adapted.jpg

I see that as a very young adult. I don't see an issue with it. 18 years old typically look like teens.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:

That's my point though, there are very little skins specifically designed for children. Most of them are really old. A lot of kids use skins designed for Maitreya but with the flat chest / no genitalia versions. I can't see many creators going to the effort. They just won't make them so you'll be stuck with the default option the avi creator made.

Um no there a tonnes. Lol. And I am sorry but kid avis are gonna have to have their own skin. And they will have to follow the new poiicies 

• Like 5

Just now, NymphAspect said:

I mean... it can play a factor in situation where you're on a sim with a bunch of people that are all extremely tall. Then, by comparison, you might LOOK more young than you intended just by contrast. This has happened to me several times. I'm in the 'use the built in shape height' camp, so my avatars are almost always shorter that other people. I do use a fairly youthful face, but not something I personally would deem child-like or teen. It's the Lelutka Avalon head with a Heaux skin. I also use a proportion tool for my avatar and model her roughly to 7 heads in proportion. I use Legacy Perky, no deformers, but my shape is what I would deem as skinny. Breast slider is at like... 35 or 40 I think.

All of this makes for, what I would call a "young adult" or perhaps, depending on the clothing I'm wearing late teen (18, 19). Suddenly though, if I'm on a sim of giants, I look like a kid standing next to them.

*sigh*

The thing about being 7'8" everyone looks like a child to you, especially with the camera angle, so they will put pressure on you, if you come up to their knee or their thigh or waist, because you're short.

Of course they're going to think you're a child, especially with the camera angel being Over the shoulder.

Keep in mind, Tall avatars are a community chosen thing, It's not your fault that they're tall but they should realize that they are extremely tall and not hold you accountable for being short.

My avatar is slim as well, Wearing legacy Petite buy my avatar is 21.

3 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

So what happens if said creator is no longer around to do updates. Would an individual be allowed to add their own BoM layer underwear or whatever and have that count?

This is an important question, and I get the impression the answer is no. But I think that answer is wrong. A BOM avatar presents with all BOM layers baked in, it makes no practical difference what's on the skin layer if underwear is baked on top.

If, on the other hand, there are multiple avatar mesh layers, there's a legitimate problem. What gets rendered in a tattoo mesh on top of a skin mesh does not obliterate what's rendered on that skin mesh. IMHO each of those mesh layers should be required to comply with the modesty requirement, however they're individually baked or applier-painted.

(Yeah, it's a bit belt-and-suspenders, but it seems consistent, practical, and enforceable.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

Why are you using RL photos of people and not avatars as an example?

This does not help move the topic towards solutions.

Because everyone knows our avatars are actually very inaccurate representations of potatoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

So, some asked of pictures in SL. This is the base I am using, 1m55, petite and slender. Is this adult enough?

Aurore adapted.jpg

Cute and well done but someone is going to scream KID for sure.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I would also like to see a profile that has a RL picture of an obvious child or teen reportable and banned as well even if their avatar looks like an adult.

Also any content that doesn't follow the "new" rules should be removed from the platform. LL should not leave it up to the resident to decide.  Yes, I know people spent money on it and to have it disappear isn't the best option but otherwise if you allow the items to stay on the grid people WILL use them.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 3

I agree with the person who said these new rules need to be posted pretty much everywhere. Not just a general "agree to the new TOS" popup on login and more places than just the blog.

Content creators for these avies really need to know ASAP that they have a limited amount of time to add new products to their lineup and change up their stores.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SynergyOne said:

Cute and well done but someone is going to scream KID for sure.

That's true but looking at her facial features, this is clearly an adult woman, she has a really feminine face, with a youthful look.

But you're right, someone will do that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

From https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq

image.png.3e71c0a88fa55d9b5901692b60888a67.png

Governance isn't dumb. They know what is and isn't a child avatar, even if <insert random person> absolutely INSISTS that short people are children, or anime is children, or dwarves with hammers are children.

I have a few smol avatars that are of age but due to species are smol. I have confidence in LL that I won't be punished for using them.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I assume LL will be combing the MP for adult items that are relevant only to child avatars and cleaning it up? Not just applying the rules moving foreword?

I can't keep up with this thread, but the policy states apropos Marketplace listings: "No Adult or Moderate keywords in Marketplace listings on Child avatar content." Does everyone but me know what keywords are "Moderate" ?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Aurore adapted.jpg

All good to me!

Shoulders, hips & ratio is good, so your wide enough. There is an ass, bonus. You are in clothes that don't appear child like.  The face does not look child like.

Also side note, did you know dwarfism starts at 147cm (4'10")? :P

Just now, Chaser Zaks said:

From https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq

Governance isn't dumb. They know what is and isn't a child avatar, even if <insert random person> absolutely INSISTS that short people are children, or anime is children, or dwarves with hammers are children.

Sorry to be say but until they share what their criteria is - and it has to exist given they say they review factors - it's not going to make anyone who is petite in SL feel any better.

Nobody is saying there is some hard and fast set of stringent standards but we need to be aware of what it is exactly that they're basing their reviews on and for now it's completely opaque and the unavoidable assumption is that there's subjectivity involved.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

I have a few smol avatars that are of age but due to species are smol. I have confidence in LL that I won't be punished for using them.

I've seen friends shown the door even when they have features that.. clearly make them not children. I welcome this as a learning opportunity, but It is up to Linden Lab to convince me that they aren't going to repeat old mistakes in that regard.

2 hours ago, Denim Robonaught said:

So half of my sim (sky) is adult, and half of it is residential. So now my kids can't even come home anymore without changing. Nice policy.

a sim can’t be half adult and half not adult. Its all either one or the other. If its a problem, move to a moderate sim 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Well right off the bat I found two things that should not be for sale in the MP. This was using just the key word "child"

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Project-Cosplay-Gothic-Corset-Dress-for-Kemono/15758243

[Project Cosplay] Gothic Corset Dress for Kemono

Also this for sure:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lunacorn-BOM-Training-Bras/24289940

Lunacorn - BOM Training Bras

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Confused 6