A Balm Thread - Tell me some Good News about Second Life

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Of course I do! And I'd like to reconnect; it's been a while!

Look for a shout out from me in-world!

Sure, anytime. I know you have a full SL social life on top of a full RL. :)

• Like 2

Finally had the right kind of combi for a small grass border!

Mostly I use KIDD for grass and when I want more details I use more detailed grasses from other shops. But I found it difficult to find the right 3D short grass in combi with a texture (I don't want just a texture). They are mostly still too long.

But now I find the combi of Botanical - Lawn Grass  with as underground the texture Countess - Lawn grass. It's not about the greatest texture etc., it's about the right combination. I could colour both (3D grass and textue) so they had perfectly the same colour so they blended into one little grass border with the perfect size 3D grass.

Before: okay grass but you think: they haven't mowed the grass properly.

After: this is what I had in mind.

Snapshot_20812085623_003_01_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085627_002_klein.png

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This is to help cancel out the headache of recent Forum posts which seem to be very negative.

you'r free not to participate, don't read or post in it? 
I think some are quite interesting and a welcome change to the useless  how do you and what do you threads

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am very grateful for the little stretch of parcels I have in Morning Shire, which allow me a home, a chapel, and an HQ for the Tiny Explorers.  I've loved the chance to go exploring with a little group, which is still growing.  Also I'm chuffed that the Tiny Explorers RFL team got a Bronze badge for meeting its USD goal, and that we were invited to the SciFi Con and will have a Turnkey parcel on Relay weekend.  I haven't been able to do very much during the season but what I've been able to do has brought me into contact with many kind, industrious, dedicated people.  I'm in awe of what they achieve - 'they' including the Relay Rockers and Meli's Maniacs teams, who are so generous. :)

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Some good news about SL today .. Is that it hasn't got Sony for a publisher. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

About 2 months ago I opened my first new store in a decade, selling full perm PBR materials. I wasn't expecting much, given the negative posts on this forum regarding PBR. However, I've just had my 1000th unique customer! 

I’m only a small store with a couple of hundred materials for sale so far. Considering 75% of people apparently use firestorm and can’t use/see PBR, from my tiny dataset, I think this is very positive news for PBR adoption in SL.

Edited by Porky Gorky
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Porky Gorky said:

About 2 months ago I opened my first new store in a decade, selling full perm PBR materials. I wasn't expecting much, given the negative posts on this forum regarding PBR. However, I've just had my 1000th unique customer! 

I’m only a small store with a couple of hundred materials for sale so far. Considering 75% of people apparently use firestorm and can’t use/see PBR. From my tiny dataset, I think this is very positive news for PBR adoption in SL.

Hey this is awesome 🤩 

When I got my new computer some weeks ago, Firestorm didn’t run properly on it. I got a lot of flickering I wasn’t expecting. So I switched to LL viewer and I love it 🥰 Everything looks so much better and I love PBR ☺️

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Today is Cinco De Mayo. the 5th of May, which is a celebration a small Mexican army's victory over Napoleon's French  invasion of Mexico in 1862.  His warships limped back to France, and this victory signaled the end of Napoleon's control of Mexican ports.  Significant to the States, which were in The Civil War,  as this bolstered Mexican support of the Union, over the Confederates   Never heard of it?  Read about it here:   https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/cinco-de-mayo

And the significance of this obscure victory, explained here:  https://www.history.com/news/cinco-de-mayo-battle-puebla-civil-war

In SL some music clubs located in the Southern and Western states hold Cinco de Mayo Events this weekend.  Wear colorful Mexican clothes, listen to Hispanic bands from Texas. California, and Mexico:   Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, Santana, Chingon, Tito & Tarantula, Nasta Super, The Mavericks, Calexico, Ry Cooder, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs. Litto Nebba & La Luz, and others.   ZZ Top too, they have many tunes about traveling to Mexico. :)

I will be busy Sunday, decorating the club, working on my 4 hour playlist, and drinking beer.   I am only 50 pages behind in that 'other' thread, so today I will not have any catching up time (not that I really care anymore).  Time to celebrate and party in SL!  

This is also one of the Mexican Fiestas, something more might be familiar with, but Cinco De Mayo is a local celebration for those living in Mexican-American cities today.  It is not a big holiday in Mexico.  And it is not the Independence of Mexico National holiday, which was years later. 

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Porky Gorky said:

Considering 75% of people apparently use firestorm and can’t use/see PBR,

But the Firestorm PBR Beta is available to anyone who asks and joins the Phoenix-Firestorm Preview Group.  FS Beta is about 1 week behind the SL PBR viewer in their Beta development cycle.  As usual the FS PBR has all the features of the old Firestorm including all the SL Bugs!  It also  includes some PBR enhancements.  Most who have tried the FS Beta prefer it over the ancient FS non-PBR Release version.   I think most of your customers are actually using the FS Beta.  They keep the SL PBR release around to compare bugs of course.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

There are mental health groups in SL and I love that! I didn’t even know they exist! Missed it today because I had to work longer but it’s doable every other monday for me 🥰 

Also I thought this thread needs a bump because everything I see on here is about child avatars and that really is too much 😩

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have been making lots of pictures for my gallery, all of them portraits and each one means I make a new friend. A far cry from what once was. I would log on, wander around by myself and then log off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had quite a few people IM me or message me on the forums which has helped a lot as well as people helping me in world. You know who you are and It's very much appreciated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Any time I spend time with the love of my life is amazing. 😃 Also made some new friends over the last few days.

Also, I adore SL for letting me realize my dreams of space travel, and partying like it's 1955! ^^ Or 1995 if I so wish! XD

Edited by SlammedSam
Adding stuff!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:
On 5/4/2024 at 5:09 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

That is a grandfathered "whatever" thread, like the "Pet Peeves" thread.

It has off topic super powers.

That's weird, I didn't say anything like that, and neither did I quote anyone who said that!

Unlike the other threads, this is intended to stay "on topic"; see the title and OP.

Give it a try, I bet you could say something positive about Second Life! You're still here!

I appreciate the diverse representation in Second Life, which leads to such a thoughtful discussion.

• Thanks 2

I dance at Toby's Juke Joint a lot. It soothes me....and their DJs really know the Blues! ...and I made a Machima about an old man who falls in love with his Avatar...

• Like 2

I'm currently doing my very first MadPea hunt (couldn't resist as it's sci-fi themed:) and am having the best time listening to upbeat music while exploring all the awe-inspiring builds! I never realized how much creative talent exists in SL. It's truly mind-blowing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1