L1 Homes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Will this effect Mole built object like those included with the Linden homes?

Coming soon: 15% reduction to mesh download impact

Good lord I hope so. They have nice things, but those blokes loves to burn 173 land impact on a flat 2x4 stick of wood.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

At least you only use MATH and not MATHS!!

I had to google that. I had no idea 'maths' was a proper spelling anywhere, and always assumed it wer dem folks is can't speil nut'n when dey dun wrote dat. ;)

turns out 'math' is only the correct spelling in the US and Canada.

Do folks over there in somewhere else land pronounce the 's' on the end?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I had to google that. I had no idea 'maths' was a proper spelling anywhere, and always assumed it wer dem folks is can't speil nut'n when dey dun wrote dat. ;)

Brit here - we say 'maths' - I thought it was weird when I first heard Americans say 'Math' - still does sound weird to me😀

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

We take that "s" off "maths" and put it on the end of "sports".

Since math/maths is an abbreviation for mathematics, it actually makes sense to say "maths" instead of "math".

I don't know why  Brits say "sport" as in "And now sport news" instead of "sports" because a newscast is rarely telling about only one sport.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't know why  Brits say "sport" as in "And now sport news" instead of "sports" because a newscast is rarely telling about only one sport.

Well, in that particular instance it’s because ‘sport’ is being used as an adjective, like ‘political’ or ‘local’. But, yes, it is also used as a noun in the sense of multiple sports. “Nigel likes his sport.” - meaning Nigel spends entirely too much time down the pub watching rugby, the footie and F1 with his mates. However, the usage is inconsistent - every year the BBC has an awards show for “BBC Sports Personality of the Year”. (Though I have at least one acquaintance who tut-tuts every time he hears that phrase, or me referring to math…)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Well, in that particular instance it’s because ‘sport’ is being used as an adjective, like ‘political’ or ‘local’. But, yes, it is also used as a noun in the sense of multiple sports. “Nigel likes his sport.” - meaning Nigel spends entirely too much time down the pub watching rugby, the footie and F1 with his mates. However, the usage is inconsistent - every year the BBC has an awards show for “BBC Sports Personality of the Year”. (Though I have at least one acquaintance who tut-tuts every time he hears that phrase, or me referring to math…)

IMG_9952.jpeg.794d421f7ea65433b4634fd01f0d374a.jpeg

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Yes, but it would be better if your fence used pieces or textures from the Newbrook theme content pack. 

I finally checked out the Newbrook theme pack…. talk about mind numbing conformity…. they want us to use the same fence, the same yard furniture, even the same plants… like seriously.

If my fence is a problem, ill build a new one, make it 50 m high and set it invisible, it will work just like ban lines 😂

9 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I love how when you change the wall colour in your Belli house it gives you the RGB values so you can tint your own wall panels to match.

Yes, it's really handy.  The first Belli homes did not have that feature, or the "My Colors" ability to define your own wall colors.  Those additions are fruits of one of the two big Linden/Mole attitude adjustments that seem to me to distinguish Belli from the previous Linden Homes - they watched what residents did to the original homes, and added features to make the homes even more appealing.  I bet that seeing Traditional homes extensively modified with add-ons did not delight their original designers; but their team adapted quickly and provided features that facilitated modifications, including providing interior wall segments and doors.  

To me, the other huge attitude adjustment I saw Belli was LL's recognition of COMMUNITY as a driving factor in residents' enjoyment of SL, and active facilitation of resident interactions to build community.

A great place to put praise of specific Mole &/or LL efforts is:

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

IMG_9952.jpeg.794d421f7ea65433b4634fd01f0d374a.jpeg

Well, so far there is no fighting, door slamming, name calling, lol cats postings, politics or religion.
So it is an above average thread in my book. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Well, so far there is no fighting, door slamming, name calling, lol cats postings, politics or religion.

Not even any flouncing?  Egads!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think there was a little bit of politics, but it was trivial. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think there was a little bit of politics, but it was trivial. 😉

🙊  Don't get our Moles excited to search for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:32 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I finally checked out the Newbrook theme pack…. talk about mind numbing conformity…. they want us to use the same fence, the same yard furniture, even the same plants… like seriously.

None of that is mandatory. It's build kits for people that want to match the elements around them. It can be especially useful if you're doing things like dividing up rooms inside a home.

For fences, I think mostly if you make it modern higher resolution mesh and not prim people would like it. You don't have to though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

None of that is mandatory. It's build kits for people that want to match the elements around them. It can be especially useful if you're doing things like dividing up rooms inside a home.

For fences, I think mostly if you make it modern higher resolution mesh and not prim people would like it. You don't have to though.

Still on sale for only $100 per cement color: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At SL20B there was a brief mention of the old Linden Homes in terms of the hubs. Patch Linden mentioned that possibly they may get updated and the lab/moles will give them a freshen up a bit and things in that area. It’s not known when work will start on the refresh of the hubs. 

I think the old Linden Homes will be around for some time yet like at least another two years or so for historical purposes. The lab has yet to make a final decision on the future of old Linden homes. I’m sure the lab will announce something when the plans are finally completed.

There has not been any new updates since July 2023 I think. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 3/20/2024 at 2:33 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I found the build kit after i put up a wall inside my house so i could rezz my shower in a corner.

My fence is a stretched out cube, textured in vertical planks with the color closely matching to the wood in the theme pack.

I took a walk around the neighborhood, the conformity is astounding.

I saw a pride flag hanging on someones front porch, the only splash of color around, except my bee sign of course.

All in all, I do like the layout, nice wide roads, a rezz zone one door down, and a good sized lake nearby.

At some point i'll see if i can rezz a toobie there,  then slide on over to the lake for a float

belli07.png

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Like 3

• Moles
On 3/19/2024 at 1:32 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It is not that we want you to use the same items we use in the theme, it is only making it available for the residents who want to have them.

People like to match, or perhaps they want that front wall to extend across the driveway or do things inside the parcel that we are unable to do, or that would not be wise to do when you have parcels that will be lived in by several different residents over time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

If any Linden or Mole has a rough estimated timeframe of the future of the old Linden Homes continents.

It would be nice to know what's going to happen to it all.

Thanks. 

There are still no leaks from the roofs or rotting electricity cables reported, so the old Linden Homes can still be rented out as they are, I guess. :D

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

If any Linden or Mole has a rough estimated timeframe of the future of the old Linden Homes continents.

It would be nice to know what's going to happen to it all.

Thanks. 

Maybe LL should give the residents of the old Linden Homes an incentive to leave peacefully? First they would have to close the old homes from being available as new Linden Homes. Then they could offer a free month off the resident's Premium account if they leave by a specific time. After that time, they would just be evicted, with their objects returning to their Lost and Found folder. Give people plenty of warnings in their email and with inworld notices first, of course.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.