Skin Fair 2024 - what are you excited for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 79 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am really looking forward to Skin Fair, which opens tomorrow for certain groups, and on the 8th of March for everyone else.

SnowRabbit is finally releasing their EvoX compatible mesh head. I have watched some video reviews for this one, and it looks great. I was a huge fan of the last head they released, but it was not EvoX compatible and did not have as many features. I will almost certainly buy the new head when Skin Fair opens.

Snow Rabbit W01X head EVOX map @ Skin Fair 2024

What are you looking forward to at Skin Fair?

• Like 5

- If LaQ does offer a new ERA2 head, that will be a no go for me till they fix the EVOX version of their head. At this moment, the EVOX version of the head isn't worth a penny due to the issues with it.

-  LOGO is coming with a new head, looks nice, but I am not allowed from Maximillion Grant to share it at this moment.

- Lelukta, I am doubting

- Catwa, if they are present, I am doubting

- Akeruka, at this moment I have issues with the current designs of them, where the chin is presented like a front splitter of a sports car, and hard to shape else.

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

- Lelukta, I am doubting

Well, Lelutka will release two new heads (1 for men and 1 for women), introducing their 4.0 update which will also roll in batches over their previous EvoX heads.

As for Catwa, they're among the skin fair sponsors so it's probably fair to assume they'll be present.

• Like 6

- If LaQ does offer a new ERA2 head, that will be a no go for me till they fix the EVOX version of their head. At this moment, the EVOX version of the head isn't worth a penny due to the issues with it.

-  LOGO is coming with a new head, looks nice, but I am not allowed from Maximillion Grant to share it at this moment.

- Lelukta, I am doubting

- Catwa, if they are present, I am doubting

- Akeruka, at this moment I have issues with the current designs of them, where the chin is presented like a front splitter of a sports car, and hard to shape else.

Catwa will release a new head at the fair

CATWA EVOX HEAD Leena at SkinFair 2024

• Like 3

Is it a Skin Fair group where demos are posted? I seem to remember it has been before... or was it Hair Fair?

What groups can we join for early access? I want to get demos.

I loved Snow Rabbit!! But I have changed style to a more angular face and stronger jaw. I will demo the Snow Rabbit head, even if I doubt it will be my new head.

I will maybe demo Catwa, but from the picture, I already see I do not like the eye shape.

I am going to buy Lelutka, if I finally find a head I like better than the one I am using now. It has a few things that could be better, but all other heads I have demo'ed later has not convinced me to change.

I am very, very committed to my Lake head.

I love Lelutka to pieces and have a strong brand loyalty because they update for free, and are very generous with gift heads - that are also updated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

What groups can we join for early access? I want to get demos.

I know the Catwa group will get you in early.

Now THIS is interesting. Create your own unique head by choosing the individual components.

GENUS for SKIN FAIR 2024

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I know the Catwa group will get you in early.

Now THIS is interesting. Create your own unique head by choosing the individual components.

GENUS for SKIN FAIR 2024

I wish Genus would go ahead and adopt Evo X. I tried the demo, because I am covering the event for SugarSL and have been on the SIM for the last few days. The lip options all kind of look the same. I would like a sharper Cupid's Bow option. But the noses are fantastic.

• Like 2

50% Sales at Akeruka during the Skin Fair, and sorry for the foto spam.

I don't think they're in the Skin Fair, though. They don't have a booth and they just made an announcement that they're not participating.

But as a daily-driver Akeruka wearer on one of my alts (Serena) and AK's Sofia and Emma are in my main's current line-up of rotating heads (Princess Mombi here! Don't forget to like and subscribe.), I highly recommend the sale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I don't think they're in the Skin Fair, though. They don't have a booth and they just made an announcement that they're not participating.

But as a daily-driver Akeruka wearer on one of my alts (Serena) and AK's Sofia and Emma are in my main's current line-up of rotating heads (Princess Mombi here! Don't forget to like and subscribe.), I highly recommend the sale. 

With the result that the new Barbara head at the Akeruka store is priced at 975 Lindens.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Is it a Skin Fair group where demos are posted? I seem to remember it has been before... or was it Hair Fair?

I believe it was the Skin Addiction group, or something similarly named. Most of the designers would upload demos to the group so you could try them before you go. I'm not home to log in at the moment to see if that group still exists. It did last year, I do know that. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I grabbed the Genus Morph demos and a couple skin demos built for it to toy with over the weekend.  I also grabbed Lelutka's Billie. I like it, but I'm not ready to jump ship yet from LAQ Elle.  What is wrong with that head btw?  I haven't had any problems, but I don't use the animations HUD (too lazy). 

Freckles seem to be the It Girl thing right now.  For anyone who loves freckles and lots of them, LAQ's gift will suit perfectly.  In real life, I'm one of the ginger weirdos WITHOUT freckles. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I went all out and bought the Genus Morph fatpack, Lelutka Billie, and the new Snow Rabbit head, as well as a skin from Nar Mattaru.

Here is the Snow Rabbit head, with default shape, some brows and blush from the HUD, and a Glam Affair skin. So pretty and quite different from other heads you can buy I think. And I have to say, it has the most natural animations of any head I have used, I normally don't use animations on mesh heads but these are great.

Snapshot_053.jpg

Edited by Stephanie Misfit
  • Like 3

I'll be buying the Snow Rabbit W01X head for sure, it's just a matter of choosing which lucky alt will be the recipient. It's times like this I'm tempted to create yet another alt 😬

I notice a few grandma skins out there, which I think are great, although I won't buy. But it is sad that there are no grandpa offerings. I really want to make a nice grandpa avatar for my male alt. So tired of all the male muscles, young hunks, pretty boys and tough guy offerings out there.

Again, not my style, but finally a cute kid head from Akeruka with the BabyX.

Edited by graceblakeley
aaron spelling
  • Like 1

The Snow Rabbit head is very cute. I had seen some videos about it, but it's definitely too young/childish for me. Genus morph intrigues me.

It will still take a big crush for me to spend L$, and that's rare.

Hopefully some good fantasy skins... getting more into anthro/trans mode lately for myself (sorry, female alts lol). I already have way too many Lelutka heads so I'll just wait for the update. Been using the Prim head more often... *cries for Irina lol*

Edited by JeromFranzic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

The Billie head is gorgeous.  I may have a new default.

I say "may".  I'm really attached to my Avalon.  But dadgum...

Billie Head 030824 0755.png

I resisted, attached to my Sasha too. I also found Billie 'young,' etc. Then, I made the mistake of comparing different skins in demo or in my possession, and there, I don't know what happened... My finger mysteriously slipped to buy the new head.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

The Billie head is gorgeous.  I may have a new default.

I say "may".  I'm really attached to my Avalon.  But dadgum...

Billie Head 030824 0755.png

And now I'M TEMPTED to get the head!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 79 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.