CasperVend/CasperLet alternatives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'd like to replace CasperVend system and wanted to ask for your recommendations for a vending system I could use instead of it (with similar features for a small shop).

Also please could you recommend good alternatives to CasperLet for rentals?

Thanks in advance

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You could bring another discussionbot in, a brother maybe, and discuss it between yourselves :)

Haha, actually this was supposed to be a scripting/learning LSL chatbot project I was supposed to pick up but I lost motivation after a while. Perhaps a good reason to pick it back up again!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I've heard a few folks mention Allomancy today and say that it's relatively easy to transition over to it from CV.

I've not heard of this before but seems to have good reviews, will try this out thank you

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, discussionbot said:

I've not heard of this before but seems to have good reviews, will try this out thank you

I've seen some creators moving to Allomancy. MD, as suggested above, is another good system some are using. There's also LOW Industries. I believe it's the Super Vendor by LOW, but double check that. Just be sure to check into the fees and whatnot before making a decision.

I'm no longer a creator in SL and have my old stuff just on the MP, so just keep in mind I haven't used any of these systems myself and can't make personal recommendations. These are just the three I've seen come up in discussions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of Casper...is there an issue with it today?  I've had 2 purchases not delivered.  Hitting the link to follow the progress of my purchase just shows the page taking forever to load and then 'processing'.

d8867f8b253f6faa8a3c393d752c83eb.png.45ea7618d1b2e1ef272be78359355b39.png

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Speaking of Casper...is there an issue with it today?  I've had 2 purchases not delivered.  Hitting the link to follow the progress of my purchase just shows the page taking forever to load and then 'processing'.

d8867f8b253f6faa8a3c393d752c83eb.png.45ea7618d1b2e1ef272be78359355b39.png

There was an issue reported earlier through the Casper group, something involving the webpage. Should be ok now though. 

• Like 3

I have a free, open-source rental script with configuration cards which you can get for $0L at my shop in Ross

It was originally scripted by Hank Ramos who later released it on all perms but in the last 10 years it has gone through many other iterations to add the following features:

o refund with small cancellation fee

o if there is a refund error, owner gets a message "You failed to pay [avatar] [x] amount."

o grace period of 2 days with texture for different state

o fixed to ensure that if new owner picks it up it will force a re-set when rezzed out

o sends regular notices to pay, then expiration notice

It is not attached to the web but that reduces the elements of it that can be "down" or break.

If it is returned from a sim, you can put it out again and it still shows the paid status and the avatar who paid it.

The one problem I see with it occasionally is that if someone pays way ahead many months, and the Lindens reset a sim in time even slightly during a restart, it will not refund correctly, although you have "My Accounts" as a back up.

You'll need to add your own texture for the outside with your brand which is the rentthisspace texture inside the box.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I have a free, open-source rental script with configuration cards which you can get for $0L at my shop in Ross

It was originally scripted by Hank Ramos who later released it on all perms but in the last 10 years it has gone through many other iterations to add the following features:

o refund with small cancellation fee

o if there is a refund error, owner gets a message "You failed to pay [avatar] [x] amount."

o grace period of 2 days with texture for different state

o fixed to ensure that if new owner picks it up it will force a re-set when rezzed out

o sends regular notices to pay, then expiration notice

It is not attached to the web but that reduces the elements of it that can be "down" or break.

If it is returned from a sim, you can put it out again and it still shows the paid status and the avatar who paid it.

The one problem I see with it occasionally is that if someone pays way ahead many months, and the Lindens reset a sim in time even slightly during a restart, it will not refund correctly, although you have "My Accounts" as a back up.

You'll need to add your own texture for the outside with your brand which is the rentthisspace texture inside the box.

This is great, thanks for making it available. I don't need all the bells and whistles for small spots so this might just work great. Appreciate it!

On 2/27/2024 at 1:19 PM, Salt Peppermint said:

MD Labs is a great vendor system, too and lets you import your data easily 

On 2/27/2024 at 2:17 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've seen some creators moving to Allomancy. MD, as suggested above, is another good system some are using. There's also LOW Industries. I believe it's the Super Vendor by LOW, but double check that. Just be sure to check into the fees and whatnot before making a decision.

I'm no longer a creator in SL and have my old stuff just on the MP, so just keep in mind I haven't used any of these systems myself and can't make personal recommendations. These are just the three I've seen come up in discussions.

Thank you! I really like the simplicity of LOW's Super vendor I think I am going to go with that for now. 

I will probably end up switching to MD Labs at some point because the data visualisation + web UI is a nice perk, and I just saw one of my favourite stores switch to it which gives me confidence. Appreciate all the help!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Looking at Flickr, quite a few people are moving their stores to other systems, so something is going on.

As a consumer I am not overly happy about that as Casper at least was a one stop redeliver place where I could get many items redelivered and there was a nice page of pictures to remind me what is already buried in my inventory I forgot about.

SL as owners of Caspers need to get this sorted out :(

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

As a consumer I am not overly happy about that as Casper at least was a one stop redeliver place where I could get many items redelivered and there was a nice page of pictures to remind me what is already buried in my inventory I forgot about.

I've only made one small purchase via the Allomancy system so far (a gift with a refundable 1L), but with that, I'm seeing my purchase with its product photo on my redelivery page, so it's somewhat similar, at least.

I can't remember for the life of me what the MD redelivery page looks like, though. I'd have to dig around and see if I can remember who uses it.

Okay found an MD redelivery kiosk - no photos on the page, however, they do offer a wearable redelivery HUD via the page that allows you to request redelivery at any time from anywhere, so that's a plus.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've only made one small purchase via the Allomancy system so far (a gift with a refundable 1L), but with that, I'm seeing my purchase with its product photo on my redelivery page, so it's somewhat similar, at least.

I can't remember for the life of me what the MD redelivery page looks like, though. I'd have to dig around and see if I can remember who uses it.

Okay found an MD redelivery kiosk - no photos on the page, however, they do offer a wearable redelivery HUD via the page that allows you to request redelivery at any time from anywhere, so that's a plus.

It is at least informing me that as a consumer I should be aware that there are other redelivery huds out there that Creators/stores use. Hitherto I was under the impression that if Casper didn't have for redelivery for a store then either one had to get it redelivered by the store itself or it just wasn't available. 

Great to have options for the stores but a headache for us consumers having to check the various redelivery options. This Secondlife is a full freaking time job. The Lab should pay me!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Great to have options for the stores but a headache for us consumers having to check the various redelivery options.

The last thing consumers need is to be at the mercy of a monopoly. Nobody wants the entire economy grinding to a halt whenever one provider's servers start playing up.

Muniick have been on MD for a while. They refund you if you try to buy the same thing twice, which is very helpful for packrats with poor memories.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is at least informing me that as a consumer I should be aware that there are other redelivery huds out there that Creators/stores use. Hitherto I was under the impression that if Casper didn't have for redelivery for a store then either one had to get it redelivered by the store itself or it just wasn't available. 

Great to have options for the stores but a headache for us consumers having to check the various redelivery options. This Secondlife is a full freaking time job. The Lab should pay me!

No no, as far as I know, most of the big vendor systems support redelivery, gift cards, discounts, etc. MD has been in use for a long time and apparently, more stores than I realized were already on it (seeing a whole bunch of old purchases on my redelivery page). This is the first time I'm hearing about/seeing Allomancy, but that seems pretty fleshed out, too. LOW Industries is a 1L vendor system (for the base - plugins are extra) that I rarely run across in-world, but they do seem to have a bunch of plugins available for various functions, too.

You shouldn't (in theory) find yourself in a position to not be able to get a redelivery via a vending system. If you want to be absolutely sure, though, always peek at the front desk area of a store and make sure they have a kiosk present, or just right-click on the vendors and see which system they're using before buying anything. All of the vendors mentioned in this thread so far are capable of redelivering purchases (thank goodness!).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Muniick have been on MD for a while. They refund you if you try to buy the same thing twice, which is very helpful for packrats with poor memories.

This is a great feature that has saved me from double purchases more than once -- including at Muniick!!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.