Warning ⚠️ : Forum Poop 💩 or Quagmire Ahead!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There's a brilliant conspiracy theory floating about, premised on the assumption that Taylor Swift is actually a CIA operative (no, I'm not making this up!), that she is dating Travis Kelce in order to "fix" the game so that his team wins . . . which in turn will somehow help Biden win the upcoming election.

Yes, I know, I know. Make it make sense.

Since politics is already on the 💩list, I'll add: conspiracy theories (at least when posted by people who believe them)!

• Like 5

Taylor Swift just became the first woman ever to win the Superbowl!!!

(And I seem to have been wrong: talking about Taylor Swift does not result in a forum catastrophe!

Apparently everyone here is secretly a Swiftie?)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

...Whether or not people should be allowed to play child characters, and whether or not to treat them worse than you would treat actual children IRL.

It's possible to treat someone worse than we treat RL children? I doubt it seriously.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

whether or not to treat them worse than you would treat actual children IRL

I treat RL children exactly the same way, I avoid speaking to them, and if they enter adult only places, demand their removal. People who RP as children should expect to be treated like children.

"Oi, BRAT, this is an adult only store, you can't be here, get the hell out!"

This is what RP fanatics call "immersion", and it's provided FREE OF CHARGE, so say thank you to the nice adult venue owners for enriching your Child RP experience and making it more "real"!

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(And I seem to have been wrong: talking about Taylor Swift does not result in a forum catastrophe!

Not a fan myself, but i did catch something on the news a few days ago about her next album being a player for Kansas City Chiefs.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Not a fan myself, but i did catch something on the news a few days ago about her next album being a player for Kansas City Chiefs.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either. I just enjoy how much she's pissing people off.

😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There's a brilliant conspiracy theory floating about, premised on the assumption that Taylor Swift is actually a CIA operative (no, I'm not making this up!), that she is dating Travis Kelce in order to "fix" the game so that his team wins . . . which in turn will somehow help Biden win the upcoming election.

57 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

😀

There's something wrong with the world when people believe wrestling is real, football is fake, vaccines will kill people, and encouraging people to vote means the person is part of a CIA psy-op.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I met her once, and she was super nice, like ordinary people. I had no idea who it was, even when people told me.

Them: "That was TAYLOR SWIFT!"

Me: "Okay, well, she was nice."

Them: "BUT THAT WAS TAYLOR SWIFT!!"

Me: "Oooookayyyy..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There's something wrong with the world when people believe wrestling is real, football is fake, vaccines will kill people, and encouraging people to vote means the person is part of a CIA psy-op.

I at least like to investigate what they are basing their beliefs on. If it just one person saying so then it is easy to dismiss but if multiple witnesses are saying the same then it warrants a deeper look if it is important to me. 

• Haha 1

Simps

Vampires

Vampire-werewolf-werecat-wererat-angel-fae-elf-neko-kitsune-orc-hobbit-human dozenlings

Who is Taylor Swift? 

ETA: I dislike certain emojis, but love the word quagmire (thanks to Lemony Snicket, me thinks) enough that it draw me into this thread, good job, Persephone! 

Edited by InnerCity Elf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

and inject the players with 5G 😀

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Considering that crazier and more dangerous conspiracies than that have turned out to be real, I'm surprised that one would upset anyone!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just you wait, 'enrietta 'iggins, just you wait...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Considering that crazier and more dangerous conspiracies than that have turned out to be real, I'm surprised that one would upset anyone!

It is almost like a rule of thumb that the more certain people laugh at conspiracy theories, the more likely they are to be true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hell no. Can't stand the B.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

😀

I'm not a fanatic so I don't keep up with this kind of bs but now you have me curious. 

Quick! Someone hose me down with cold water before I launch Google!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Wait, has someone actually proven that lizard-people are controlling the world's governments?

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is almost like a rule of thumb that the more certain people laugh at conspiracy theories, the more likely they are to be true.

So, the Earth is actually flat then?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Wait, has someone actually proven that lizard-people are controlling the world's governments?

So, the Earth is actually flat then?

The jury is out deliberating on that. I live on the shore of a great lake and can see for miles in either direction on a clear day, especially with my telescope,  and have never seen a curvature when for that distance, I should.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Are they lizard people because they're actually lizard people, or because "no normal human would do that to other humans"?

Ever read about the declassified stuff that went on in the 1960's?

A Taylor Swift psy-op is kid gloves compared to what the CIA was up to back in the day.

51 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The jury is out deliberating on that. I live on the shore of a great lake and can see for miles in either direction on a clear day, especially with my telescope,  and have never seen a curvature when for that distance, I should.

Try using your telescope to look at a ship.

https://www.livescience.com/60544-ways-to-prove-earth-is-round.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.