Anybody ever make an alt to try to befriend someone who de-friended you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

This may sound naive. I thought everyone in the forum was an individual account. What are you guys talking about? I'm weirded out now.

13 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I'm sure there must be at least one alt combo on the forum that would blow everyone's minds if they knew :o

It's been intimated to me, and I have also asked and had conversations privately, that there are a few alts posters around.

I was like @Robberinthemuseum at first here on then forums, until it was mentioned or openly hinted too many times to not peak my (redheaded) curiosity.

I really have no clue who they are and which accounts belong to the same person, and don't care to know even if they can be pretty easily spotted, but I will assume they do exist. And would not be too surprised if some were decently well known or post a lot, or both.

Now that I've grabbed Terry Pratchett as my male alt name, I'll start posting witty remarks in his account IN ALL CAPS TO DISGUISE THAT I AM NOT REALLY HIM, BUT RATHER THE REAPER.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I really have no clue who they are and which accounts belong to the same person, and don't care to know, but I will assume they do exist.

You're right, it doesn't really matter, and there's no way of proving it anyway! 

I bet the Moles and Lindens have a laugh sometimes though if they check IP addresses xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I felt so stupid after I put those names together.. He fooled me with something I should have really picked up on.. If he would have started with Vice I probably would have caught on pretty quick..

That's like nobody recognizing Superman because he put glasses on!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's like nobody recognizing Superman because he put glasses on!

Maybe if they were the same account and showed up in the same week..

Plus I was a lot younger then and really didn't hear that term used a lot by then.. Then to add to it,  it was the  largest packed club in SL for a few years while i was there, so there was always new people showing up that I was meeting  constantly every day..

It wasn't like sitting in a small town and here comes one drifter and then a month later here comes another.. lol

It took seeing the names right next to each other to even begin to notice them..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I bet the Moles and Lindens have a laugh sometimes though if they check IP addresses xD

Probably wondering why I'm in Denver one day, London UK the next, Chicago and Los Angeles within hours of each other, then Sweden, Berlin, and Vancouver on the same day. ;)

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

You're right, it doesn't really matter, and there's no way of proving it anyway! 

The good part of me thinks of the terrible fallout and invasion of privacy if all were to be revealed but the dark, terrible part of me says:

giphy.gif

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Just for you, I went searching and found it so you don't have to miss out:

Blimey, thanks! And apparently I even responded to the OP in that thread. Could not remember it at all.

temp 1.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
... it's all coming back to me now.
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Your subconscious probably wanted to block it from your waking mind as a self-defense mechanism :D

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading through it all again right now. I don't need to come in on alt accounts. It seems I have several different personalities just on this one account! (Moody!) :/ 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Maybe if they were the same account and showed up in the same week..

Plus I was a lot younger then and really didn't hear that term used a lot by then.. Then to add to it,  it was the  largest packed club in SL for a few years while i was there, so there was always new people showing up that I was meeting  constantly every day..

It wasn't like sitting in a small town and here comes one drifter and then a month later here comes another.. lol

It took seeing the names right next to each other to even begin to notice them..

I think in my first few years, I didn't know about it either, at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think in my first few years, I didn't know about it either, at all.

I think also, it's much easier to notice things when we slow life down a bit..  I had way too much energy back then.. lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

It's been intimated to me, and I have also asked and had conversations privately, that there are a few alts posters around.

There are only three actual posters. Everyone else is an alt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The good part of me thinks of the terrible fallout and invasion of privacy if all were to be revealed but the dark, terrible part of me says:

giphy.gif

But, what if the alts are moles and lindens?

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 1:09 AM, SodaGnome said:

It's like a second chance or do-over that one never gets in real life.  But I will admit is sounds very weird and stalker-ish.

No. That's bad use of an alt. In most cases, it's a pretty good indicator that someone is unable to handle life like an adult when a friendship had run its course.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Blimey, thanks! And apparently I even responded to the OP in that thread. Could not remember it at all.

temp 1.jpg

6 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

@Marigold Devin we both commented in the thread. We just forgot 😆

And I have one more for your reading pleasure! :D

I got to hand it to Cat. She has the unique distinction of making someone mad enough to start a new thread with her very first post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.