New Year's Resolutions 2024

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

My granddad once told me "Man makes plans and God laughs", and I think after last year I understand :/ So no resolutions for me either 9_9

But it also says Man plans his way and God directs his/her steps, so I decided to take that as it is written and at least put forward what I would like and leave the results to him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

My granddad once told me "Man makes plans and God laughs", and I think after last year I understand :/ So no resolutions for me either 9_9

lol yes there's a limitation on what we can change in the world as reality often has other plans.  However, I think we can effect important changes in our lives through focusing on attributes we'd like to embody. Most of my new year wishes/resolutions were focused on inner attributes that I think align with what our higher selves/God would want.  I think this parable describes it best:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.” ♥

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

My granddad once told me "Man makes plans and God laughs"

“Mann Tracht, Un Gott Lacht” - it's an old Yiddish maxim ("Man plans, and God laughs"). 

• Like 2

I'll just interject for a moment and ask if we can please keep it simple?   A one-liner as an explanation of what you resolve is fine but a whole religious tract is pushing it a bit.  I mean, you wouldn't want me doing that, would you?  :/  Be fair.

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

An interesting article about the History of New Year's resolutions.  I mean it's best to know what you're doing and where it all came from before you do it, right?

https://www.history.com/news/the-history-of-new-years-resolutions

However, this is not the topic of the OP.  I think we should respect that and not go off topic.

RL - I don't make them in RL

SL - Organize my clothing in SL. The rest will have to wait for another year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.