2024 - Will LL finally fully acknowledge the Adult side of SL?

29 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Yeah that was the point I was trying to make, a club wouldn't be allowed since Belli is residential only so I'm not really seeing the point of Adult rated linden home regions.

That's only if they disallowed that and if they were only for linden homes.. That and if it were even homes at all..

I kind of touched on it in my first post on the page before this one.. If there was new lots or whatever they would be, they might be an expansion on Zindra or just a whole new area..Because Residential Adult searchable content wouldn't really make much sense since it puts it more inline with commercial than residential when it comes to the rating system and why we really ever got it in the first place..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The point is that quite a few people still don't like having their adult things on a moderate Linden home region and would prefer to have an adult LH region.  There are people who want to put that naughty swing in their backyard but that's not allowed in moderate.  People feel the need to hide all their adult stuff in a skybox in Belli.  If there was an adult option, again reserved for PP, I have a feeling those areas would fill up quickly.

Wow people really do that?

Yeah if that's happening provide whatever they want, anything that reduces the perceived need for the awfulness of skyboxes is okay with me!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's only if they disallowed that and if they were only for linden homes.. That and if it were even homes at all..

I kind of touched on it in my first post on the page before this one.. If there was new lots or whatever they would be, they might be an expansion on Zindra or just a whole new area..Because Residential Adult searchable content wouldn't really make much sense since it puts it more inline with commercial than anything when it comes to the rating system and why we really ever got it in the first place..

Ahh so like lots where super premium ultra plus gold members could do whatever they want with, I see :)

Yes that sounds like a good idea, might reduce ridiculous land prices elsewhere too!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Ahh so like lots where super premium ultra plus gold members could do whatever they want with, I see :)

Yes that sounds like a good idea, might reduce ridiculous land prices elsewhere too!

Adult rating is all about public exposure to the content.. Mainland we used to have Mature and General and you didn't have to hide anything..

Zindra pulled all that out of mainland pretty much.. A lot had to do with the teen grid merging with the main grid, even though we were told , the adult rating move to Zindra had nothing to do with that and that there was  no plans  for a teen merge... lol

ETA: Honestly, It's probably just going to be another place like their Motown and Gambling and other places they have been making recently.. Something for new residents to get a feel of , or whatever those newer builds are for..

A lot feels like it's to help with new user retention to me really..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

The point is that quite a few people still don't like having their adult things on a moderate Linden home region and would prefer to have an adult LH region. 

Yes.

Also. Exhibitionism and voyeurism are very popular kinks (I've been writing fiction in that genre for some time). Some folks really would prefer to have those privacy settings on their parcels turned off (as in, view in/out turned on). :$

As much as I would love to have A-rated Linden Homes, I don't think it will happen. Linden Lab changed after M. Linden and the creation of Zindra and I don't think we'll see that old era again.

Twitch got mentioned in this thread - recently they undid many of their adult content policies and let stuff on their platform again. It lasted only a few days until someone did something fairly mild (go topless I think it was) and they realized that if you allow nudity and someone goes nude you might see nudity so they reverted it. Weird policy flip... Like, they panicked not because people went too far but because they did exactly what had just been allowed.

I suspect Linden Lab would have the same kind of reaction to A rated Linden Homes: "Wait, they put A-rated content in there, and did A-rated things? Oh my stars and garters, we can't have that. How shocking. Someone might even see a bared ankle." ;)

Once you go corporate, you don't ever really go back.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2

I think maybe just like a destinations tab focus on more adult content snd popular adult spaces would be neat to see, give them a bit more publicity. Most casual users seem to navigate through the destinations tab so seeing more places to go in there with a wider variety of content types would be beneficial.

• Like 2

Well, for a start, it would be nice if Zindra (the continent hastily built to host the Adult refugees after the demoting of all the ”Mature” main land sims to ”Moderate” status), could get some love from Lindens and Moles...

I mean, we really need it to be brought on par with older main land continents (with public rez zones on roads at each sim border, better public buildings, the addition of water sims and protected water channels to allow sailing all around the continent, the addition of land sims with some hills and mountains, etc).

Also, why not moving it closer to the other continents on the grid (it's just an offset to change in sims coordinates), and link it via an ”Adult channel” to the rest of the SL seas ?...

That would be a good start for LL to finally acknowledge the fact that without Adult activities, SL would already be dead and forgotten !

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

Well, for a start, it would be nice if Zindra (the continent hastily built to host the Adult refugees after the demoting of all the ”Mature” main land sims to ”Moderate” status), could get some love from Lindens and Moles...

Yes. I want that coast finished. And there's the Zindra Mall area. It should either get bulldozed or put on the list of places residents can reserve for events like some of the spots in Belli can. Same for the Bronlin cafe (not bulldoze it, but let it be reserved for events so people could host parties with music there).

While I wouldn't mind it being closer - I don't want there to ever be a navigable channel between it and any other rated land. For me, one of the main flaws of mainland is you can walk and cam between M and G land. Ratings should be more isolated from each other or they kind of lose meaning.

• Like 1