Letters to Santa Patch...

Sapphiro Bayn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear, Santa Patch: 

First of all I want to apologize for the wording of this letter. I am not good with English, as my native language is Spanish.
I don't have any special wishes for before the end of this year, not only because there is very little left, but also because I don't think you would have time, but there is something I would like to ask you for next year and it has a lot to do with my role within SL, since I am a small avatar like many children, cats, hamsters... etc. etc. etc. I really like to collect the premium gifts and I would like them more if they were items I can use, like a small bike, a tractor I can drive or a summer terrace set with animations for kids (for example) even so I feel grateful for the effort and dedication you put in listening to the community to please our needs and on top of everything make us nice gifts.

PS: I will leave you milk and cookies by the fireplace.

I sincerely hope you have a happy holiday season!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

@Patch Linden

Dear Santa Patch,

Thank you for overseeing our dear Moles (much better than elves) in their work to create and expand our virtual world. Thank you for your patience and good humor toward us residents. Thank you for new Linden Homes that we can obsess over when we're not tiring out our virtual feet by walking through miles of Shop and Hop mall, Christmas Expo and inworld stores that are filled with Advent and Christmas gifts.

Most of my Christmas wishes are clearly on their way to being fulfilled - a new Linden Home subcontinent, more Victorian homes, a northern coast route between Sansara and the Blake Sea, - but I still have one more. I would love to see updated Senra Blake and Jamie avatars that people won't complain about so much.

Since you have such good humor and fine fashion sense, I'd also like to see you model a LaraX mesh body in a cute Christmas outfit.

Thanks so much, and may your Holiday season be awesome in both worlds.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Sapphiro Bayn changed the title to Letters to Santa Patch...

Well as you're all writing to Santa Patch guess I'd better add my wishes to the list too!😁

I don't ask for much, I'm a humble soul (teehee), all I'd like next year is some additional floor plans for the Stilts:) Of course I'd love to see some new 1024 themes too, but I can live without that if necessary (they would have to be on water and better than the stilts to tempt me to move!).

I have treats outside my Linden home for Christmas, and Santa Patch (and all the mole-elves) are welcome to have some. Happy Holidays!

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Is Patch doing the Christmas candle light procession this year?

I sure hope so!

Dear Santa Patch,

As always, thanks  for all the hard work from you and the Moles this year. I have so enjoyed "living" in the new Linden Homes and it has kept me an active Premium user ever since they first became available. My Christmas wish list includes one or more new 1024 themes, especially  Trompe L'Loeil style modern beach homes with wood, stone and lots of windows! Please don't forget about us "regular" Premium folk in the quest to gain more Premium Plus users.. And that goes for the testing on the mobile version as well.

Yours respectfully, ,

XOXOXO Trinity

• Like 7

Second Try:  Dear Santa Patch, it is discouraging that there is no response from yourself or from a beloved Mole regarding the Candlelight Procession.  :(  

Last year's final performance was lovely, though you didn't seem quite yourself. Later we found out that you indeed were not feeling well, though you braved through it anyway. After that, you stayed out for quite a while, if memory serves. Having just gotten over Covid myself back then, I wondered if it had bit you as well. 

My Christmas wish list includes a plea to continue this wonderful tradition. I suspect however that the event may not happen because it would have already been announced, and you seem busier and busier as of late.  

Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy Holiday Season!  

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dearest Santa Patch,

I know that I am cutting this down to the wire, but I thought long and hard about what it is that I might want to request.  I knew it needed to be something that I could use.  At the same time, I would like it to be something that everyone who owns a linden home could benefit from. I would love to see the option for snow covered homes and snow covered ground in the home controller.    I would even be willing to buy snow covers for the home I am using but, the land is so hard to do when you aren't able to terra form 

VixenTiger Pawzs

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Henry Blackwood said:

With so many of the chalet themed homes being available I’m wondering whether it might be an idea to have a snow area there for those that want to have a snowy home? The theme would certainly lend itself to having snowy areas.

I've seen people add mesh snow around their homes in the Log Home regions, so this is obviously possible. While some people like a snowy environment, however, not everyone does. Just look at how many tropical beaches there are in SL vs. cold rocky ones. (I would not like to live in a snowy environment in RL or SL.) 

LL can't just randomly change Linden Home regions once people have already taken homes in them. They could make some snowy regions in the future though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I've seen people add mesh snow around their homes in the Log Home regions, so this is obviously possible. While some people like a snowy environment, however, not everyone does. Just look at how many tropical beaches there are in SL vs. cold rocky ones. (I would not like to live in a snowy environment in RL or SL.) 

LL can't just randomly change Linden Home regions once people have already taken homes in them. They could make some snowy regions in the future though.

I agree, LL cannot just randomly change a LH region, but I wasn’t suggesting the entire theme change, just an area. With over two and half thousand unoccupied chalets you’d think there might be ‘an area’ that could be open to change. And why live there all the time? Perfect for an alt to be upgraded to premium for a month or two thus keeping the original home with the main a/c. But this isn’t something that I’m trying to push for my own ends as I’m more than happy with my Victorians, but I’ve seen people ask for it, and thought it might be a way for the spare chalets to be utilised.

• Like 2

On the basis that it must be easier for LL and the Moles to change/add to the houses available within a theme than it would be to change the theme (or the region landscaping) altogether, what variations on and additions to the Chalet Houses might make the theme more attractive?

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

On the basis that it must be easier for LL and the Moles to change/add to the houses available within a theme than it would be to change the theme (or the region landscaping) altogether, what variations on and additions to the Chalet Houses might make the theme more attractive?

It seems to me that textures would be relatively easy to add to Linden Homes, but changing the foliage or ground texture might not be. (I'd love to see updated ground textures on mainland, though.) So, what about adding mesh snow banks to the content packs for Chalets and Log Homes, as well as a texture for light snow on the roof? Would people like to have ivy and rose vine covered exterior walls for the Chalets?  That could be an added exterior texture. 

For the Fantasy Homes, I'd also like to see added exterior wall and roof textures - a gingerbread house theme, an ivy & rose vine covered thatch-roof cottage theme, and a dark stone & slate roof theme.

For my imagined 2048 m gothic mansion theme, I'd suggest adding the Victorian hedge pieces, so people can build a hedge maze in their garden. If these would include snow-covered hedges, snow banks and snow covered roof textures, people could do a homage to The Shining.

• Like 4

On 12/16/2023 at 5:47 PM, Innula Zenovka said:

I must admit to being really puzzled about the number of vacant chalet homes. I mean ok, an estate home in the land-mass with no water view and other houses all around, maybe those locations might be a bit dull, but the landscaping is really lovely in the region in general, and it really isn't necessary to be in close proximity to a windmill , unless you want to be, and right now it is very easy to get some special waterside locations.
Of course I am equally puzzled as to the popularity of victorians, so maybe I am not the best person to answer your query!

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I must admit to being really puzzled about the number of vacant chalet homes. I mean ok, an estate home in the land-mass with no water view and other houses all around, maybe those locations might be a bit dull, but the landscaping is really lovely in the region in general, and it really isn't necessary to be in close proximity to a windmill , unless you want to be, and right now it is very easy to get some special waterside locations.
Of course I am equally puzzled as to the popularity of victorians, so maybe I am not the best person to answer your query!

I don't like the look of the Chalets, never have....and yes, don't really see the popularity of the Victorians, lol.  Guess everyone has certain tastes...

• Like 4

Dear Santa Patch.. expanding on Evageline's request... some of us are so dedicated to SL that we have multiple premium and/or premium plus alts and use them to get linden homes... but we keep our furniture and landscaping inventory on our main. So when we go to decorate, we often dont have access to the content creation pack content for the theme our alt has.

At times we want to move, and to "copy" our furnishing/landscaping builds to the new place (either with softlink objects or by putting them in a rezzer). We cant do that if we dont own all the stuff in the build.

There really are valid practical reasons why we want to be able to get content creation packs for our alt's homes on our main. Please consider Evangeline's request.  Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Eartha Kitt wanders into view, settles onto a bar stool, smiles at the camera.  

Santa Baby,
This sickn'ing sexist song's not for you
It's true
We know your habits, honey
Santa Baby,
Stay home and light your chimney tonight

Santa Baby,
I got a Med and Tree House, light blue
It's true
I'm happy with my presents
Santa Baby,

Think of all the gifts this year
Think of sailing regions, brand new, all clear
Think of walls that disappeared
I got 2 empty parcels, I cannot keep up!

Santa Baby
You and the moles have worked hard all year
No fear
Not gonna bug you now
Santa Baby
Stay home and light your fire tonight!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

Eartha Kitt wanders into view, settles onto a bar stool, smiles at the camera.  

Santa Baby,
This sickn'ing sexist song's not for you
It's true
We know your habits, honey
Santa Baby,

May I respectfully add, that if playing Santa isn't really Patch's thing, then he is welcome to sit on MY lap.

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.