My SL Will Never Be The Same

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:49 PM, Robberinthemuseum said:

I realized the person I was with and some of my friends were all the same person. 

Yeah, been there, years ago when a sexual RP got more personal and emotionally invested than it should have.  I even used a logger to track when the "various" people logged in and out of SL to prove the reality of it all to myself.  Finally got totally disgusted and ashamed of myself for doing that and stopped, stopped the RP, stopped SL for quite a while too.  Massively hugs to you!!  🤗 🤗 🤗

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

'Survival of the fittest' means that those who are better suited to the environment (more fitted/suited to the environment) survive and multiply better than the rest. It has nothing to do with fitness as in strength, although with some species, the stronger males are more likely to breed than the weaker ones.

Sometimes environments change, so the individuals that are more suited to the changes are more likely to survive and multiply than the rest, and vice versa. Sometimes genes mutate making the mutated individuals more suited to the environment and will multiply better than the others, and vice versa.

Dont forget, there are also mutations that reduce an individuals reproductive fitness. While the poor traits might not die out, they will remain at a low level in the population.

However, what was a “bad” trait in one one environment might suddenly because a “good” trait if the environment changed, and with increased reproductive fitness, the now good trait will spead through the population. 

Of course this has been said to not really demonstrate evolution, because its not “new” traits, its just the relative frequency of different traits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I like that!  Yes, it is those who cooperate well with others who survive.  Let's hope society gets that before the planet (or rather its human population) is totally decimated.

in all of human history cooperation pretty much always win. Is this trope: Big guy always beats a little guy

in practice, little guys team up and make mincemeat of the big guy who has no friends

• Haha 2

Life-changing experiences in SL?

For me, it was the realization that all my RL experience in reading people was severely reduced in SL. Early on a girlfriend and I were hanging out and doing everything together. Her current boyfriend was really nice. I thought so until one day when she said she couldn't talk right now as she was... RP'ing... with this guy. In a few minutes, I got an IM from him hitting on me... while he was doing her... Well, that never happened in RL. It was a bit of an eye-opening experience. I knew guys could be dogs. I had to adjust my range of how devious and deliberate people can be to get what they want.

Survival of the fittest? 

Evolutionary biologists have pretty much dropped the idea from their general hypothesis of evolution. While the idea is in the latest hypotheses, it is not the centerpiece it once was. Plus there are distinctions between natural survival and social or political survival. When discussions shift to individuals the complexities of just surviving versus thriving come into play. Much of that discussion depends on the social framework the person lives within.

SL evolves physically. Think PBR. I think it is much harder to point to social or intellectual evolution within SL... and actually RL too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Sorry my ridiculously deep thought derailed your thread, Luna.  Really, all I was saying is:  You can't stand in the same river twice.

Every experience in SL changes me forever.

yes it was YOU!!!!!  lol

Every experience changes me forever too...I just can't comprehend it when people say SL doesn't affect them...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Yeah, been there, years ago when a sexual RP got more personal and emotionally invested than it should have.  I even used a logger to track when the "various" people logged in and out of SL to prove the reality of it all to myself.  Finally got totally disgusted and ashamed of myself for doing that and stopped, stopped the RP, stopped SL for quite a while too.  Massively hugs to you!!  🤗 🤗 🤗

This was two years ago at this stage. I'm well over it. But it did harden me somewhat. And the weird thing was, that another resident kind of stole him from me without realizing he had a army of alts. I just let it happen 😅. I was more pissed with him for talking ***** about me than anything else. Just why? WHY? I let him go with no fight. There was no need. I was completely flabbergasted at the time and it really was how I shook off my noob mentality in the end. Now, I am very flexible in my thinking but also hold strong to my boundaries and fiercly protect my rl. On a funny note, I ended up kind of involved with the dude who split us up whose sole purpose of being with me was to move it to rl I think 🤔.  Anyway...my sl is awesome right now. 

leonardo-glass-leonardo.gif.1abb458542c4427dc6e9cfaba0ed0671.gif

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Sorry my ridiculously deep thought derailed your thread, Luna.  Really, all I was saying is:  You can't stand in the same river twice.

Every experience in SL changes me forever.

Reminds me of: If your "friend" says it's raining, always look down to make sure they're not peeing on your leg.

In SL like RL, once earned trust is broken, it changes a relationship forever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tako Absent said:

Well it was also my first month in sl. I met someone on an alpha male warrior avatar. He invited me to his land to meet his 10 mistresses. I met them, we chatted and went on voice, until i realized that i was talking to a single person who manually (no voice morph or whatsoever) changing his voice on each avatar, asked him if i was talking to one person, he was so honest he said yes. I logged out.

i say thats funny.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:49 PM, Robberinthemuseum said:

I realized the person I was with and some of my friends were all the same person. This was 1 month into SL. 

Someone I knew for about ten years, turned out to be 5 avatars that I knew and I didn't find out until he died and they all went poof.  It gave me pause, but didn't really change SL for me that much.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 11/30/2023 at 6:01 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

as usual, and as with most “games” the developers fix something that wasnt broke, and eff it up.

As an aside, firestorms latest release will not have a 32 bit version, so when the 3 release rule hits all current 32 bit users, they will be jettisoned

From the Firestorm Website:

Our usual three-supported release rule will apply, and as such 32-bit users can continue to get support for this last version until it slips outside of that support framework. We will most likely not block the final 32-bit build, but we will not be able to provide any support, and of course, no new features will be available.

Looks like there is hope for 32-bit viewer users, but with the "most likely" caveat, so we shall see.  Hopefully it won't be blocked; I understand tech having to advance, but I'd hate for anyone to be essentially priced out of SL due to hardware they're not able to upgrade at this time.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

From the Firestorm Website:

Looks like there is hope for 32-bit viewer users, but with the "most likely" caveat, so we shall see.  Hopefully it won't be blocked; I understand tech having to advance, but I'd hate for anyone to be essentially priced out of SL due to hardware they're not able to upgrade at this time.

luckily i’m 64 bit, so I’m good for a while still.

As an aside, for anyone wondering about the problem of my graphics card card overheating and my computer going to sleep, I fixed it, I set up a bigger fan 😂

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.