One thing or person that you wish you can get back in SL?

FelicityPage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the places I really miss is Manifesto, a gay sim I found in my early days. I made a lot of friends there, my first in-world job was there (as a stripper, lol) and it was a great place to just hang out with everyone. The two owners moved on to other pastures and I guess most people that were there aren't active any more. 

disco_002.thumb.png.9e946ec3ec81e7d56b5cfb1b3d025c17.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 1:19 PM, Maitimo said:

One of the places I really miss is Manifesto, a gay sim I found in my early days. I made a lot of friends there, my first in-world job was there (as a stripper, lol) and it was a great place to just hang out with everyone. The two owners moved on to other pastures and I guess most people that were there aren't active any more. 

disco_002.thumb.png.9e946ec3ec81e7d56b5cfb1b3d025c17.png

I thought I remembered your name! I was one of the original four owners, some of us are still around but two moved on. I miss it too! We turned into NGI Adoptions

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 5:55 PM, Sid Nagy said:

I clean up my friends list every now and then. People who are never online or who I never have contact with for a long time, are silently removed.

I do too, but there are a few people who I just can't remove. Honeybear is one. We were never what you'd call friends but somehow I can't delete her and others from my list :)

I was never an explorer or even one who gets out and about, but I have very fond memories of gaming the GSA (Google Search Appliance) that SL used for search. I did it in various ways, such as auto-rezzing objects when the spider was due and deleting them when it had gone by, and creating mini parcels to control the businesses in the top search results. It really was fun back then. I don't want those days back though. It's just nice reminiscing about them once in a while :D

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 5

On 11/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, Liaa Nova said:

I thought I remembered your name! I was one of the original four owners, some of us are still around but two moved on. I miss it too! We turned into NGI Adoptions

Wow! I never ralised there were 4 owners, I remember only Hunter and Cloudy. You'd have known me back then as Matty Luminos, I've had a name change (as well as a sex change) since then.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:43 PM, FelicityPage said:

Feeling nostalgic. For me, *thinks*...ok I got it! That feeling of pure wonder and curiosity when within your first month of SL. Not the frustrating parts but being in a new kind of world. Exploring all over, learning about others, making funny mistakes...it reminded me of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, when they first went to Narnia. I still do have some wonder and curiosity but a lot less because when you know about a lot of something, it can become "old hat". 

What's yours?

Hope.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 4:49 PM, Maitimo said:

Wow! I never ralised there were 4 owners, I remember only Hunter and Cloudy. You'd have known me back then as Matty Luminos, I've had a name change (as well as a sex change) since then.

Was just speaking to Cloudy earlier! Totally remember you, you were great. Myself and Amnesia were owners too, we all came to SL together and Hunter pretty much ran it with Cloudy building lots. Seems such a long time ago now, good days!

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 9:27 PM, Liaa Nova said:

Was just speaking to Cloudy earlier! Totally remember you, you were great. Myself and Amnesia were owners too, we all came to SL together and Hunter pretty much ran it with Cloudy building lots. Seems such a long time ago now, good days!

Amnesia! I remember her too. How sad am I, that you're the one I don't remember. I am so sorry.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Amnesia! I remember her too. How sad am I, that you're the one I don't remember. I am so sorry.

I think I was Liana Wildmist back then, Tommy's other Sister. I mostly did the Mall but I do remember one rl conversation we had even now, pretty sure it was you as I often wondered seeing you post here if you're the same person I remember! Probably I was the only one who behaved lol

32 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

I think I was Liana Wildmist back then, Tommy's other Sister. I mostly did the Mall but I do remember one rl conversation we had even now, pretty sure it was you as I often wondered seeing you post here if you're the same person I remember! Probably I was the only one who behaved lol

@Liaa Nova Lol probably!  Here's another memory. I still have that outfit that Cloudy made. The Seven Deadly Sins.  Well, four of us. I don't think we ever had all seven of us on stage at once (probably for the best, lol).  Am I remembering right that all the dancers had to be redheads? Cos the club was called Reds? 

081006_003.thumb.jpg.ca57a5ca5f3b8a1b9e8ec5930833548c.jpg

I worked at Nekismo too but unfortunately I don't have any pics from there.  That's where "Lovecats" by The Cure became my signature song; Cloudy used to play it for me every time she was DJing.  I'm a DJ myself now and I still use it as my signature song.

Do you remember my then-boyfriend Karl? (he was sometimes human and sometimes a blue horse furry). He is still around in SL too. He's not my bf any more but we're still friends.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

@Liaa Nova Lol probably!  Here's another memory. I still have that outfit that Cloudy made. The Seven Deadly Sins.  Well, four of us. I don't think we ever had all seven of us on stage at once (probably for the best, lol).  Am I remembering right that all the dancers had to be redheads? Cos the club was called Reds? 

081006_003.thumb.jpg.ca57a5ca5f3b8a1b9e8ec5930833548c.jpg

I worked at Nekismo too but unfortunately I don't have any pics from there.  That's where "Lovecats" by The Cure became my signature song; Cloudy used to play it for me every time she was DJing.  I'm a DJ myself now and I still use it as my signature song.

Do you remember my then-boyfriend Karl? (he was sometimes human and sometimes a blue horse furry). He is still around in SL too. He's not my bf any more but we're still friends.

omg Karl Herber or something? I do remember him but nothing about him! I recognise you and the guy on the right. I remember Sora too and TJ (think he was a tiger furry or neko maybe). So nice to know people are still around years later! I'll ask Cloudy if she remembers you when she logs in later x

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

omg Karl Herber or something? I do remember him but nothing about him! I recognise you and the guy on the right. I remember Sora too and TJ (think he was a tiger furry or neko maybe). So nice to know people are still around years later! I'll ask Cloudy if she remembers you when she logs in later x

yes, Karl Herber. :) And I'm not the one on the right, I'm the stripey neko second from left. Not surprised you got us mixed up though, the guy on the right is the tallest! And I did have short hair sometimes. But I was never that hairy.

18 hours ago, Maitimo said:

yes, Karl Herber. :) And I'm not the one on the right, I'm the stripey neko second from left. Not surprised you got us mixed up though, the guy on the right is the tallest! And I did have short hair sometimes. But I was never that hairy.

Ha I meant I recognise the one on the right, but can't place him, zac is coming to mind but I don't think he had red hair! It's driving me nuts lmao

On 10/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, Rolig Loon said:

That's probably very wise, and it certainly would reduce clutter. I have a hard time doing this for people I have been close to, though. I have a hard time believing in an afterlife, but I do have a strong feeling that we are "alive" as long as someone remembers us.  My parents and grandparents are alive in my mind, and I hope I remain alive to some people well after I am gone.  It's not nostalgia in the wistful sense; it's hard to explain.  Somehow, removing a person from my friends list just because she has passed on in RL shuts a door that I don't want closed.

Yes, a thousand times.

10 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Ha I meant I recognise the one on the right, but can't place him, zac is coming to mind but I don't think he had red hair! It's driving me nuts lmao

I am gonna message you inworld and add you as a friend. I think the forum will be bored of our personal reminiscing by now!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.