The New "Destination Guide" doesn't seem to have active links

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw an announcement that the Destination Guide had been updated, but when I try to use it, there don't seem to be any links to the destinations.

Am I the only one? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using Firestorm on an older Mac, if that makes any difference.

The links work for me.  Just open the floater, click on a category, and navigate to something that looks interesting.  The system TPs me just fine.  I'm using the standard LL viewer at the moment, but my alt just tried it on FS and it worked for her too.

47225480c9a7ad99e229d9b4a4a51efc.png

I've never accessed much of this stuff from within the Viewer.  So, I am logged in and brought up the Search windows and clicked on the "Destination Guide" link:

image.png.ae3d1a0f1e0a51f180cb552f0709268e.png

This is what I got:

image.thumb.png.2ed05035b800b858b1a5b70c80e8563e.png

And instead of a Teleport button, they all show:
image.png.1a21d1a6068afdd2e309a46584151aab.png

DUH - If I'm in the viewer, then I am logged in.

6 hours ago, Rufferta said:

I saw an announcement that the Destination Guide had been updated, but when I try to use it, there don't seem to be any links to the destinations.

Actually i thought that myself originally. The old webpage showed both login and teleport. With the new design, you have to login to the destinations page firstly.

20230331_092433.jpg.4712bbb51d51be137f2e9c8060ab17a3.jpg

I guess, as usual, the netGods are conspiring against me.

This is what I'm seeing. I'm logged into SL and into the web page.  

macOS Monterey/Safari/Firestorm - 

It is possible that my ad blocker may be affecting things. I guess I will wait a bit and file a support ticket if things don't change.

Destination Guide page.jpg

Edited by Rufferta

The new Destination guide, when viewed in a web browser, seems to always forget I am logged on. 

I will check one place, and it will give me an inworld map link to click, but then if I change my mind and go back, upon selecting another location, I don't get the map link because it now shows me as logged out o.O

That's all very odd. I can get the page that LittleMe and Rufferta get, but ONLY when I access Destinations from here on the web site. It shows me as logged in, and I can see the top Destination on the Map and teleport/log in there. I can put other Destinations in the top position by clicking on their tile.

When in world, using Firestorm, I see this:

image.thumb.png.f21f8f84df980ef24e13b285aa001051.png

I can click on a Category to see the Destinations in it, and click on any Destination to teleport there.

I see what Lindal sees, also although I don't usually use that Destination guide.  I use the web Search and access Destination guide from there as shown earlier.  Sometimes, it shows me logged in and sometimes it doesn't.  Either way, I simply log into the search and get the teleport button.

Doesn't the website and MP log you out after awhile?  Thought I remembered that being an issue once.

Edited by Rowan Amore

First place, thanks for pointing to the webpage. I never knew it was there. 16 Years in SL. Go figure.

When I browse to them with Firefox (my desktop browser) everything works fine.
I have a teleport link button and get a link inworld delivered..

In the SL viewer there is a destination guide button available. And that works fine too for me.
The internal web browser from the SL viewer is terribly slow so I avoid that one as the plague. Don't even know where to click to open it to be honest.

Edited by Sid Nagy

14 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Don't even know where to click to open it to be honest.

If you hit the Search button in Firestorm and then Websearch which is the first tab at the top.  It's the exact same as you'd see on the SL website.

9904c0e2ed0c477e7e7e518043a31b0f.thumb.png.d540b3e21f0e06bbe2f978234c689954.png

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you hit the Search button in Firestorm and then Websearch which is the first tab at the top.  It's the exact same as you'd see on the SL website.

I'm one of the probably two SL users that never use Firestorm. :)

But I found it in the original LL viewer as well, of course on a different place. Firestorm makes it a hobby to put everything from the LL viewer somewhere else.
Anyhow, that destination webpage works fine as well inworld.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 3:15 AM, Rufferta said:

Hmm..... Unfortunatly with the O.P, it seems that it might be an issue with their browser or pc, maybe its an ad blocker in your pc causing the issue.

I have had no issues in windows, linux, and android mobile, and I have had someone I know in RL check it in an iphone and a new macbook without an issue.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:29 PM, Sid Nagy said:

Firestorm makes it a hobby to put everything from the LL viewer somewhere else.

Firestorm's UI ancestry dates back to LL's Viewer 1.0. LL completely changed the UI when they introduced Viewer 2.0. So a lot of us feel it's more the other way 'round...the LL viewer puts everything somewhere else!

The other thing that FS does is to "bring forward" a lot of things that are present in the LL viewer, but buried (for example, in the Debug Settings).

On 3/30/2023 at 5:15 PM, Rufferta said:

I've had the same experience. If you aren't logged into to the SL website you can't see a tp. It's really...really annoying. Inworld I've gone to the destination guide , the old version, to check out places and used to be able to get to the map and tp without any problem. I don't know what why they changed that:(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.