MARKETPLACE BROKEN AGAIN

SerArthur56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Amie Shan said:

As I sent the ticket, I got a quick and decent answer and also more details (after asking):

Seems they are not re-rolling, but updating the MP-search.

(As LL said in the post... and I checked just before)

"Relevance" - search seems to be nearly back to a normal way of use (but still confuses sale-amounts) 

Relevance is broken like long time now before - old Stuff, out of seasons and shows not the last sales (okay how should show it sales when the sales go down to zero)

• Like 2

lol, just talked to a friend of mine, a 3d modeller who used to have a shop in SL... well he still has it but he didn't release anything in ages. He asks me: "What's up with SL? I'm getting sales every day!" 😆🤦‍♀️ apparently, he used to get occasional sales every now and then, and now has sales every day. I told him that LL messed up the search and it is now upside-down 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 4

After watching the Lab Gab, it appears that the LL team are so proud of the new search that whatever glitches we experience are considered minor. Hence the "we're working on it but don't have an eta" response. I don't think they understand the difference between relevance when searching a term or string of words versus relevance as a sort when applied to an individual store and not searching for a particular term. Many shoppers go to a store and look at the default relevance sort that is presented, they aren't searching a specific term or item, and buy what they like - impulse - most often the items that appear first in relevance sort. Since the current situation is resulting in a jumble of items, many of which are older items appearing at the top, that may be driving the increase in sales of older items. If store relevance sorting were working properly (recency being a key determinant as it used to be), then the old items would continue to rank high. Except - the sorting is so broken, even that isn't happening.

• Like 6

I agree with Arwen and I try to explain exactly this Problem with "Relevance" in Tickets, Jira and today in Ticket again - incl. a Shot of my first side from the Store in MP. This shows exactly too what customers see when they don't go over search. They visit the Shop and look what is actuell nice and not out of seasons like the Stuff atm with Halloween and Xmas. They see Punch-Bowl or freaky stuff with Pumpkins from last year - went back and will this side not visit again. Cause they DON'T know what is happen. The most Customers and Merchants don't watch here in Forum, most don't know to send a ticket or a Jira .. they sit it out and wait.

Today I send my last Ticket to Tommy Linden with the same Shot from my Store as before - new Date of course but same old Stuff like before at Listening. When the Team of Marketplace not realy understand whats happen after their last Update at first day of March and read here 2 Weeks now how we try to call to help us - then sorry that I must say that they make updates and have not enough knowledge. We need a Rollback, but I be tired to send this daily here in tons of Posts .. if Linden don't want to help and repair the MP Listening "Relevance" .. than they accept sales like zero and they time will shows how many stores will shut their doors. We all must pay our Tier and we all have to pay 10 % in MP for our sales and and ... how should this go when the MP ruins the sales. .... and closed Tickets or Jira is the respond of all .. I be so damn frustrated of this all. They read but don't understand or they read and notice all  ... and sit it out?! .. "Happy Shopping" as last words from LL in Blog, Posts, Tickets or Jira as respond, this kills me slowly 

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Arwen Serpente said:

After watching the Lab Gab, it appears that the LL team are so proud of the new search that whatever glitches we experience are considered minor. Hence the "we're working on it but don't have an eta" response. I don't think they understand the difference between relevance when searching a term or string of words versus relevance as a sort when applied to an individual store and not searching for a particular term. Many shoppers go to a store and look at the default relevance sort that is presented, they aren't searching a specific term or item, and buy what they like - impulse - most often the items that appear first in relevance sort. Since the current situation is resulting in a jumble of items, many of which are older items appearing at the top, that may be driving the increase in sales of older items. If store relevance sorting were working properly (recency being a key determinant as it used to be), then the old items would continue to rank high. Except - the sorting is so broken, even that isn't happening.

Arwen, I hope its okay that I copy some parts from this important post from you in a new but last Ticket from me now to Linden. My Language is german and maybe I've found not the right words but you got the point at all in your post and I was very happy to see this. Thank you for this Post

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Caren Jewell said:

I hope its okay that I copy some parts from this important post from you in a new but last Ticket from me now to Linden.

Of course it is! If it helps, all the better. I did add this same message to my JIRA from March 2 (miraculously still open for comments). All we can do is continue to message them in all ways available to us.

• Like 2

OMFG!!!

I was thinking i am the only one! And i was so much thinking bout myself and what i did wrong that suddenly my sellling rates broke down to nearly zero since end of february.

Thank god that i found this thread.

Linden? Are you reading this thread? Do you wanna destroy us and the diversity in SL and Marketplace? Another shift to the big fishes, like in the real world?

Please roll that back immediately.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoxanaSaphire said:

OMFG!!!

I was thinking i am the only one! And i was so much thinking bout myself and what i did wrong that suddenly my sellling rates broke down to nearly zero since end of february.

Thank god that i found this thread.

Linden? Are you reading this thread? Do you wanna destroy us and the diversity in SL and Marketplace? Another shift to the big fishes, like in the real world?

Please roll that back immediately.

Please send a ticket! let them know what is happening to your selling rate since end of february. We are in the same situation since around that time.... we need to make some noise about this mess they started.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fergie Finesmith said:

Please send a ticket! let them know what is happening to your selling rate since end of february. We are in the same situation since around that time.... we need to make some noise about this mess they started.

Never done that. Where can i do that?

6 hours ago, RoxanaSaphire said:

Never done that. Where can i do that?

idk if you see this Link - https://support.secondlife.com/?lang=en-US&_gl=1*i3iblp*_ga*MTM2MTU1MTU5NC4xNjc4ODI2MzY2*_ga_T7G7P6DCEC*MTY3ODgzODU5Ni4zLjEuMTY3ODgzOTQyMC42MC4wLjA.

well, go in your account side from LL and then on Top "Help -> and on right side comes Support" and there is a Point to create a Ticket (maybe you must login again)

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 2

That's your preferred way of shopping and others will do it that way too (I often do too). Others will sort by price. However, the default is relevance and based on sales (for my store and as reported by other Merchants), many shoppers do not change the sort to something else, and they purchase based on what they see first regardless of the age of the item (relevance was weighted with sales recency, rating, price and how well it matches a search term, if used). I see it every day when I check my store - the items sold the day prior show up in the upper spots - and the next round of shoppers who use the default tend to buy those. My top items have sold hundreds and some thousands and they always have appeared as the first items shown in relevance. Now that the system is broken, they don't even show in the first 96 - and they are no longer selling even though prior to these changes they were the most frequently sold.

Edited by Arwen Serpente
Added and edited for clarity
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Arwen Serpente said:

That's your preferred way of shopping and others will do it that way too (I often do too). Others will sort by price. However, the default is relevance and based on sales (for my store and as reported by other Merchants), many shoppers do not change the sort to something else, and they purchase based on what they see first regardless of the age of the item (relevance was weighted with sales recency, rating, price and how well it matches a search term, if used). I see it every day when I check my store - the items sold the day prior show up in the upper spots - and the next round of shoppers who use the default tend to buy those. My top items have sold hundreds and some thousands and they always have appeared as the first items shown in relevance. Now that the system is broken, they don't even show in the first 96 - and they are no longer selling even though prior to these changes they were the most frequently sold.

The problem with relevancy is that it can more easily be gamed by unscrupulous merchants using irrelevant keywords and alts.  That is why I never use it.  Default, IMO, should be newest.  

• Like 2

When searching for a particular term, yes, keywords will certainly affect results, and there's no doubt that it can be gamed. But when you go directly to a store, without searching a particular term, relevance is not dependent on keywords.  Store item order is heavily weighted toward recency of sale, combined with price and rating.  That's why this new search is so frustrating - it may be working well for searching particular terms or strings of words, but it has thrown store relevance into a jumble. The relationship was never in this much disarray before.

Another way to think of it:

Relevance with regard to "search" means the items that come closest to that term or string of words.

Relevance with regard to a "store" means those items most closely associated with store itself - hence the ranking dependent on recency of sale, price, rating. It is more akin to the best selling sort (which has always been a source of confusion because it so closely mirrors the relevance sort).

It is confusing. You're right, there may be a better default sort for a store than "relevance". Or better yet, make the default sort "sticky" so that the shopper can set it for themselves and not worry about changing it to something different every time they search OR go to visit a specific store unless they want to alter it.

Edited by Arwen Serpente
Addition
  • Like 2

I agree Arwen and think if Relevance using in search or not is not realy important and change nothing. I look now 2 Weeks on my Xmas Wreath, Xmas Cakes and Snowman and all the Top Sales are away over 14 days now. The Top Sales in my Store should be "spring/easter" IF we or Customer can see this as List - but there is not one. 

My question from first day of this issue is: Where from hell comes this old stuff in listening, who need this and why is it so?! And why read all this from LL and notice it of course and do nothing?

When I search in MP I go on first side/MP and "best selling Products" .. there are the Top Sales but in own Shop is this missing and a realy big problem - I have there atm no Top Sales! On Search at my Store under "Best selling" are most soooo old Items now and when I went under Merchant Homes at my Side and "Top Selling Products" are the right ones and all this nice Stuff should be stand on Top under Relevance. This is very important - okay maybe not for all - but its fact that the Sales are down after Update over 2 weeks now and sorry for me is clear that without Top Sales in List, Customer goes other ways to buy their Stuff. 

I see that I sell atm only in Shop inworld and this is the first time that I sell there more as in MP in all the long years. This should be okay and then I think - okay, maybe later comes charge for sales from Vendor inworld like in MP with the 10 % for LL ... is this then okay for you all too? .. Only question sorry, I think about all what can maybe happen ... 

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

When searching for a particular term, yes, keywords will certainly affect results, and there's no doubt that it can be gamed. But when you go directly to a store, without searching a particular term, relevance is not dependent on keywords.  Store item order is heavily weighted toward recency of sale, combined with price and rating.  That's why this new search is so frustrating - it may be working well for searching particular terms or strings of words, but it has thrown store relevance into a jumble. The relationship was never in this much disarray before.

Again, if I'm searching a particular store, it's generally because I want to see what's new not what others think is relevant.  Newest is all that matters to most people when searching ONE store.  

Hypothetically, I go to your store where I've shopped before.  I want a gown.  I want to see what's new since I've purchased many things from you in the past.  Apparel, women's, dresses, formal then Newest First.  I couldn't care less what sells best or what is highest rated.  I want something new.  

Relevance, to me, seems to only matter to the merchant.  At least, it hasn't mattered to me in 12+ years.

@Caren JewellHere's how I would search YOUR store if I wanted to purchase from YOU.  Not by relevancy but newest and voila, Easter/Spring items.

Screenshot_20230316-195124.thumb.png.0652cdd4e5de13db803cfef356e438d7.png

One of your items is actually on the first page when I just search Easter/home and garden/ decor...newest first.  It's  11th on the page.

Screenshot_20230316-195455.thumb.png.936cc6bff4d7a3e72af7a0e7d17c994c.png

Edited by Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.