Jump to content

MARKETPLACE BROKEN AGAIN


SerArthur56
 Share

Recommended Posts

Aside from the fact they should match...

It may be linked to the browser in some way - I get the same results at DulceDiva (edited to correct misspelling name - sorry!) when I use Chrome.

But, I get completely different results from any posted here when using Firefox.

This is just one of the myriad of reasons why there are complaints that the MP is not working as it should.

 

edited to add:

Edge gives the same results as Chrome.

 

Edited by Arwen Serpente
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

but I must say that I appear to be getting much more interesting results than you got.

It's because of your typo in a search. "Maitraya dress" gives me exactly the same results as you've posted, the proper "maitreya dress" matches DulceDiva's example. And yep, it's still a total mess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

It's because of your typo in a search. "Maitraya dress" gives me exactly the same results as you've posted, the proper "maitreya dress" matches DulceDiva's example. And yep, it's still a total mess.

So, my "more interesting" results are irrelevant? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fergie Finesmith said:

LOL.... I don't get why my demos have more "relevance" than the real product. 

*Speaks in a news reporter manner*: On today's episode of how messed up is messed up, this is messed up!  🤔

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2023 at 1:24 AM, Polenth Yue said:

It's not a good idea to rely on the marketplace at the best of times and these search issues are likely to take some time to fix. There are lots of events coming up, so it'd be prudent to sign up for a few and get creating for those.

Small creators like me need the MP. There is no other way that people could see my items. An inworld shop for shapes is also not usefull, cause i dont offer shape-demos cause they are easy to copy.

So if i dont have a very expensive shop in a crowded place, no one would see my stuff - only in MP or Flickr. 

And all that worked very good for me - until beginning of march.

Besides that, events are hell of work. Its not made in 5 minutes, no - it takes hours and hours of life time to plan and organize even ONE event.

And until now i have nealy no sells and ALSO nearly zero click-throughs in my advertises in MP. That was very different before march. I had thousands of click-throughs, now nearly zero. How is that possible?

Edited by RoxanaSaphire
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RoxanaSaphire said:

I had thousands of click-throughs, now nearly zero. How is that possible?

If I may suggest, adding few more keywords like female,women,girl,face,body (with no space between comma and next word) and what ever else could describe shapes, could be useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

If I may suggest, adding few more keywords like female,women,girl,face,body (with no space between comma and next word) and what ever else could describe shapes, could be useful.

Sure. And i have of course. And click throughs dropped down to nearly zero without that i even changed anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, RoxanaSaphire said:

Sure. And i have of course. And click throughs dropped down to nearly zero without that i even changed anything.

From what I understand (from reading posts from other people), the reports for sales/clickthroughs is broken and doesn't necessarily reflect your actual views/sales.

If you know roughly how many sales to expect (and you have no inworld store or other revenue sources), could you check your transaction history to see if you're getting paid anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have one item listed on Marketplace.  I listed it January 25, 2020.  My first sale was March 7, 2023.  So, uh, my item was literally invisible in the "relevant" collating sequence because that prioritized items by sales volume, of which the item had one.  I had bought it myself a few days after listing it to ensure the listing worked.

This is a very poor sample with but a single data line with very few points on it.  But, imagine my surprise to find that merchants were screaming that the Marketplace was as good as shut down then suddenly I get my first sale!

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

I have one item listed on Marketplace.  I listed it January 25, 2020.  My first sale was March 7, 2023.  So, uh, my item was literally invisible in the "relevant" collating sequence because that prioritized items by sales volume, of which the item had one.  I had bought it myself a few days after listing it to ensure the listing worked.

This is a very poor sample with but a single data line with very few points on it.  But, imagine my surprise to find that merchants were screaming that the Marketplace was as good as shut down then suddenly I get my first sale!

I was wondering about this!  If "relevant but previously low sales" items now get listed FIRST (due to some mysterious algorithm), then it makes sense people would complain. I sure hope the people who are now getting sales, are both noticing, and are happy about it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2023 at 11:42 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

It is "Spring Break" for many in the US, maybe whoever fixed the MP is just on vacation, and will have a nasty surprise when they return.

That would be okay ... for one week, but one month? Complete team one month on vacation? 🤨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2023 at 6:27 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

From what I understand (from reading posts from other people), the reports for sales/clickthroughs is broken and doesn't necessarily reflect your actual views/sales.

If you know roughly how many sales to expect (and you have no inworld store or other revenue sources), could you check your transaction history to see if you're getting paid anyway?

I can see in transaction history when i get paid, and it works. But my sells are stille likely 95% less then before march.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, RoxanaSaphire said:

Small creators like me need the MP. There is no other way that people could see my items. An inworld shop for shapes is also not usefull, cause i dont offer shape-demos cause they are easy to copy.

So if i dont have a very expensive shop in a crowded place, no one would see my stuff - only in MP or Flickr.

I was debating whether to respond, as it didn't seem like people wanted to know what I was going to say before, but you do genuinely seem like you need help. So, I'll say upfront, remember that I'm not a Linden, I can't fix anything and I don't need to be told that broken stuff is bad. If what I'm about to say doesn't help you personally, remember that it might help someone else.

The event I was going to suggest for right this second is Sci-Fi Con. It opens in a few days, has some small booths left, only requires that two items are placed in RFL vendors (they don't have to be new items) and is the third most profitable event in the ones I do each year. You don't have to be Star Trek to do this event. The slurl for registering is here, instructions on the floor, and admins might be hanging around: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Stargazer/144/224/2002

For those curious about the ones that do better, first is Fantasy Faire (probably full at this point) and second is the Shop and Hop (next one is this summer and some people need stuff right now, but worth applying when it comes around). These are the sort of events that often make a lot back compared to the price or work involved, compared to stuff like monthly events where it seems like people burn out to break even.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm tired slowly with all this Mess in MP .. I upload some Minutes ago 2 new Items (Vase cream with Flowers and same in grey). The cream vase is under News in my Store the 2nd one not. But both are in my Store when I go in search and try to find them with the full name. Customer can see under "Newest first" only the cream one. This kills slowly all .. incl. my Patience. Every day comes more Issues ... I have now Idea what now is happen again ......... Important point for: When Customer use in search "news" in Store what they maybe realy see, cause under "Marketplace -> see all categories -> under search then Age newest first" is the Vase in cream from me listening but not the 2nd one in grey ... 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new marketplace is so very garbage, it has made me lose interest in Second Life.

I'm usually a huge spender, I love building skyboxes and avatars, but ever since the Marketplace updated all the results it ever find is old prim garbage from 2 centuries ago and unrelated crap.

I love how I'd burn through 40K LS in a week and now I barely spent 5. What a frustrating website to use it has become.

Edited by RainbowRash
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give me one reason why i should buy an ad when the clikc throughs are looking like that. LOL!

I stop creating new stuff until thats fixed. Not worth any more to spend any second of life time in creating stuff.

 

 

d868b6c3074019de1f2f61b4d4a42314.png

Edited by RoxanaSaphire
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, spoiledstore said:

this issue is going on for too long already..

i suggest you all join the comments in this jira created by emma owner of palette many other creators have commented there too

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-233674 hopefully it gets picked up.

 

 

This is worth sharing accross the relevant threads in Forum.Thanks for the tip!

Edited by DulceDiva
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, the search on MP still does not work! I will no longer create new stuff for Secondlife, it just doesn't make sense anymore. Before I was in the top 100 on MP with 10 parts... now I can't even find my stuff myself lol. I don't understand LL...how can it be that I let down the people who made Secondlife great 😞 All the great and amazing creators put a lot of effort into Secondlife, but now we're all just being let down ...very sad!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...