MARKETPLACE BROKEN AGAIN

SerArthur56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

are there any updates if the issue is being worked on? it is frustrating customers have a hard time finding specific items and it does impact sales in a negative way as well. another thing that is not working is the item page  not updating.. i just updated one of my collections today and changed the description adding the new sizes and it does not update.. i tried it on on various browsers and from the phone but it does not show the updated description.

Edited by spoiledstore
  • Like 2

To break MP in one second works - to fix it needs how long? I can't understand why Linden work on MP and change good in bad - the Issues are more then frustrated cause Customer and Merchants have such a Problem over long time now. Is not possible to find Stuff in Store under "Relevance" and its realy bad to see now every single day there Stuff from me from Halloween or Xmas and the Customer see the same. We must pay our Rent for Shop, Home and and but it will be harder when the Issues in MP goes so hard in our sales. This is a realy big Problem and not the first time - why is it so hard to make a Rollback or BEFORE a new update will come to check if all work and then the Update. The MP Sales are important for all and should been on List with "Must do now" on first line

So, how long must we Merchants/Customers live with this tons of Problems in MP?

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 7

I first noticed that nothing of mine comes up anymore when you type Booty instead of Booty's a while ago, maybe 2 weeks? Now its even worse. I was wondering why I was barely making anything, but there it is. And the way to search isn't how people search Google like they imply. Nobody wants to type quotes and AND and other symbols to search for exactly what they want. 

A lot of people don't understand what's going on and just figure I took my store down. The worst part is that the MP is often how people find my store to come to it in world. It will take months to get the general populace to understand what's going on and as much as I hate it, I may have to find something else to do with my time and talents rather than make items to get 1/4 the sales they usually do.

• Like 3

i sadly start to think that LL don t care about what we think and about our feedbacks, cause in one week no one answer or fixing....nothing.....in their post about this "downprovement" , they said "if you see any problem let us know via ticket or via jira"...but nothing, no answers....the best we can do is to fill tickets....otherwise i don t know

Barely any sales today from my store [Palette]

Listing enhancements are broken and only showcase the same items over and over again that are the same as the items on the best selling pages.
No other listing enhancements are spotted, even after refreshing and going trough the scroll menu about 10 times.

All listing click troughs and views are on 0 and the weekly ones are extremely low compared to the numbers I usually pull [40+ clicktroughs a week for all items, which is now 4]
See attachement picture below.

I surely suggest that everyone sends in tickets and talks to them trough livechat if you have the same issues, it's the fastest way it will reach the marketplace team of SecondLife even if you get no answer in the conversation itself. Make sure they create a ticket out of the conversation on livechat.

Listing enhancements.png

Edited by Pastel Cloud
  • Like 5

I send ticket, I got a respond and ask myself if they realy read my words in Ticket 🤨

The Answer was realy how I can use as Customer the Search in Future! I respond again, if they realy READ my words in Ticket - that we as Merchants have massive Problems and now sales. That like by me on first side under Relevance tons of realy realy OLD Stuff and none like to see this .. I copy this Info (Pick) here from Pastel Cloud now again and ask them in Ticket if we should closed all our Stores and if this is the way from Linden to ruin all and that we need better yesterday then tomorrow an UPDATE.

I copy this Url also from Facebook, where tons of Merchants speak about their Problem - we all have the same .. (thank you to Pastel Cloud again)

https://www.facebook.com/pastel.cloud.12

Read the Coments - maybe it help like me to send a Ticket with more specific Words in english language cause I was happy too with this Link - it helped me alot (my language is german) to send a better Ticket with more special Details now again to Linden. 

What we need is an Update or Rollback - and Lindne stop to change all the time good working things in Marketplace in bad things - it is not the first time. But this time they are toooooooooo long quiet!

• Like 6

I thought I was alone in that case, I first read the featured news, then the grid status, I was like ok my marketplace is definitivly dead...

Finally after 5 days I decided to read the forums and now I finally understand.

The lack of communication about such incidents tend to make us feeling insecure.

It is really sad, but my first reaction to a drastic drop in sale has been to stop to login. I watched my items search results and it was awfull similar to a global wipe, i couldnt even find my best sellers in search.

Now that I just realize that a lot of people have been concerned.

Iam more worried than ever..

Will there be a rollback at least?

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Caren Jewell said:

I send ticket, I got a respond and ask myself if they realy read my words in Ticket 🤨

The Answer was realy how I can use as Customer the Search in Future! I respond again, if they realy READ my words in Ticket - that we as Merchants have massive Problems and now sales. That like by me on first side under Relevance tons of realy realy OLD Stuff and none like to see this .. I copy this Info (Pick) here from Pastel Cloud now again and ask them in Ticket if we should closed all our Stores and if this is the way from Linden to ruin all and that we need better yesterday then tomorrow an UPDATE.

I copy this Url also from Facebook, where tons of Merchants speak about their Problem - we all have the same .. (thank you to Pastel Cloud again)

https://www.facebook.com/pastel.cloud.12

Read the Coments - maybe it help like me to send a Ticket with more specific Words in english language cause I was happy too with this Link - it helped me alot (my language is german) to send a better Ticket with more special Details now again to Linden. 

What we need is an Update or Rollback - and Lindne stop to change all the time good working things in Marketplace in bad things - it is not the first time. But this time they are toooooooooo long quiet!

I filed a support ticket as well - way back when this began - the response I got was a copy/paste "read the blog...file a JIRA". I did file a JIRA. On both the JIRA and the ticket I commented (several times) that we are not being listened to, that the change did not work and both shoppers and merchants are suffering a severe negative impact from it. I have asked repeatedly for a rollback. But no change, no response of when this will be fixed. It is infuriating to see such a complete abdication of responsibility by LL.

• Like 3

All this matter is typical of the Linden Lab communication for years. Information just (throught the blog that almost no one reads) the day of the update...

The latest changes in marketplace search tools - if  i remember well - happened around the Viewer-Managed Marketplace changes around 2015.

The results of the 2015 changes were very clear: we had to pay More Often for  the Marketplace ads, because of the instability of the search results.

Many Years passed, we have stopped to fight, most of the outdated products have been delisted and the only choice to promote the new products was  to pay again and and again.

Also Paying an inworld land to compensate didnt fix much, just another new fee

I just want to talk about a distant past,

In this past we just had to be successfull to be top results, and the best sellers products were there forever we didnt need to pay ads, we didnt need any flickr, any promotion, we didnt need to "spam product" the marketplace, we didnt need a LAND.

Yes, that was my experience an experience of a marketplace that was self sufficient.

Thanks to have killed us one more time by wiping search results.

Edited by Amphetamine Serenity
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.