MARKETPLACE BROKEN AGAIN

SerArthur56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know Rowan and I know my Store and sides. You prefer "news" okay but what I mean had nothing to do with News cause what I mean is when I log in and open my Store Side is for me important to see my Top Sellers and not one of the Top Sellers is listening. This Stuff is a point to what People see if they go in Stores when they only search the Name or Store and want to look what is this Store selling. And all they see is one Spring Item and the rest very very old Stuff. My Top Sellers starts with complete different Items in the List in Pic. Under Merchant - my Top Sellers listen - are the right Items that I had over years in Top Selling and showing on Page before the Update was.

It goes here not only about "searching" in News or Relevance like you think. The Lists in the serveral Points are complete crazy and not anymore before the Update was. I open my Store and see complete old Stuff, if you was there you have see this and this was not before the Update was. We can speak tons of days how Merchants or Customers like to search .. you prefer this, other prefer other ways ... but at the end is my Wish that I want it back as it was before the Update with the right Listening in all Points from my Items.

CJ Creations March-17-2023-Top Selling Stuff under sort in my Store.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Caren Jewell said:

I know Rowan and I know my Store and sides. You prefer "news" okay but what I mean had nothing to do with News cause what I mean is when I log in and open my Store Side is for me important to see my Top Sellers and not one of the Top Sellers is listening. This Stuff is a point to what People see if they go in Stores when they only search the Name or Store and want to look what is this Store selling. And all they see is one Spring Item and the rest very very old Stuff. My Top Sellers starts with complete different Items in the List in Pic. Under Merchant - my Top Sellers listen - are the right Items that I had over years in Top Selling and showing on Page before the Update was.

It goes here not only about "searching" in News or Relevance like you think. The Lists in the serveral Points are complete crazy and not anymore before the Update was. I open my Store and see complete old Stuff, if you was there you have see this and this was not before the Update was. We can speak tons of days how Merchants or Customers like to search .. you prefer this, other prefer other ways ... but at the end is my Wish that I want it back as it was before the Update with the right Listening in all Points from my Items.

*Edit: I'm tired to see after open my side under Relevance my old out of Season Stuff. When you can live with this - okay Ronan, your choice but not mine

CJ Creations March-17-2023-Top Selling Stuff under sort in my Store.png

CJ Creations March-17-2023-Relevance Old Stuff out of Seasons_who will buy this.png

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 1

New open Jira from yesterday: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-233609

Daily MP Check and notice new Issue: List of Best Selling List in my Store at MP and the Relevance Side in Store are complete the same!  

Not one of the Top from Best Sellers are listening (Top 3 from me only copy from today as Example from hundrets)

The Objects there are listen, are the Items I sold one day ago. They are showing now in both Lists exactly on same Place. I open my Top Selling List under Merchant in MP and show here the last 3 Items for Example and not one is showing in MP in my Lists. THIS is what I try to say the long time now. Mixed Mess. How many Examples need the MP Team to see this Problem and start to fix it?

And the List (Top Selling List) shows how much People click the Stuff (Time viewed) and they will not do this only in Search under "News". They go in Store Side and saw the Stuff as listening best Sale / Relevance and then touch and look at the Item for more Info and - maybe buy then! And THIS is no longer possible after the Update End of February, stop then the Sales cause there are no longer available in the Lists. 

CJ Creations March-18-2023-3 Top Best Sellings.png

CJ Creations March-18-2023-Best Selling same Items like under Relevance.png

CJ Creations March-18-2023-Relevance same Items like under Best Selling.png

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

It's not a good idea to rely on the marketplace at the best of times and these search issues are likely to take some time to fix. There are lots of events coming up, so it'd be prudent to sign up for a few and get creating for those.

Some of us DO rely on the marketplace though. 60% of my sales come from the marketplace. I do participate in events for the exposure but as someone whose primary products are quite niche and can cost thousands of lindens, my stuff tends not to be a good fit for events but sells well on the marketplace where people are actually searching for those products. Search being broken has a really negative impact on sellers whose primary income comes from the marketplace, and can't be compensated for by selling in world, as our customers use the marketplace. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

It's not a good idea to rely on the marketplace at the best of times and these search issues are likely to take some time to fix. There are lots of events coming up, so it'd be prudent to sign up for a few and get creating for those.

When Marketplace take a charge from the Sales - is it so wrong to trust them that the Team do their best and fix fast the Mess they did with the Update 3 weeks ago? We speak here about THREE long weeks and that this Problem is every year the last 3 or 4 years at the same time between Valentine/Easter/Spring. I think this is a long time to learn from the old mistakes but they try to change the search every Year at the same time and learn nothing about it. And now no Eta ... 3 weeks ... and I go then and join Events with much work AND must pay about it! The most Events want that Joiner pay for a Spot what absolutly okay and fair is. But why should I work more now when LL Marketplace Team is not willing to fixed their own Mistakes?? They lost Sales too but it seems not realy happen for them .. but for many Merchants costs this lost a lot!

• Like 2

There are two basic ways to have more money: to earn it and to cut the costs.

From our point of view, we are paying our fees to LL. But in reality, anything we are paying to LL in L$ is cost cutting for LL, meaning they will have to pay us less in US$ via withdrawal process.

So, wherever MP is working for us or not, LL is not losing money, they are cutting the costs one way or another, either by charging marketplace or any other L$ fee, or by decreased sales on marketplace.

Every new or increased fee for me is the sign that there is less real money involved into SL. LL’s advertising and finances focus is on existing SL users, doing next to nothing to attract and keep new users.

It seems like they are relying on “word of mouth” strategy to gain new people to SL. Those times have passed long time ago.

Nothing of this is good in a long run, and I am afraid that SL is slowly sliding from “exciting” and “shiny” world to “once upon a time”.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I sent a JIRA.... I don't know if it's going to help

March is the worst selling month ever since 2010 for my store.... 

Marketplace keep showing a couple of my DEMO packs first and my best selling items at the bottom pages, I really don't know what to do. I guess I'm going to close my store after all :

Events are not enough... 

Edited by Fergie Finesmith
  • Sad 1

On 3/21/2023 at 12:22 AM, Caren Jewell said:

When Marketplace take a charge from the Sales - is it so wrong to trust them that the Team do their best and fix fast the Mess they did with the Update 3 weeks ago? We speak here about THREE long weeks and that this Problem is every year the last 3 or 4 years at the same time between Valentine/Easter/Spring. I think this is a long time to learn from the old mistakes but they try to change the search every Year at the same time and learn nothing about it. And now no Eta ... 3 weeks ... and I go then and join Events with much work AND must pay about it! The most Events want that Joiner pay for a Spot what absolutly okay and fair is. But why should I work more now when LL Marketplace Team is not willing to fixed their own Mistakes?? They lost Sales too but it seems not realy happen for them .. but for many Merchants costs this lost a lot!

My point was not that it's great that the marketplace is broken. It's that it is broken and it's not going to be fixed in five minutes. We're all regular residents here, so none of us can make it work again. But we can offer advice on ways to get your business through it, if anyone wants help with that.

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

But we can offer advice on ways to get your business through it, if anyone wants help with that.

My best guess is that we all rely on inworld mainstore / event sales at the moment, and paying for advertising via websites.Am I wrong? :(

So, uhm, can I not find your listings if I look for them?  So far I seem to be able to find what I am looking for.  I have, however, noticed that things I could not find for the longest time, like for over two years, are visible to me again.  It's like a mountain of popular goop had them buried out of reach of the search engine.  Now I can find anything if I know what text is in the description or who is selling it.  Better still if I know both!  What I no longer see is stuff being shoved into my face because somebody else just bought it.

• Like 1

@Ardy Lay I don't mind finding my favourite designers easily. What I do mind, is looking up something and being shown products for the old-style SL avatar when searching for stuff using my mesh body's name 🤔

Also, as I haven't been around long enough as a creator, I heavily rely on keywords when it comes to people finding my listings.And those keywords, at the moment, are not working properly (in my opinion at least).

Edited by DulceDiva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DulceDiva said:

What I do mind, is looking up something and being shown products for the old-style SL avatar when searching for stuff using my mesh body's name

I don’t get that at all.  My mesh body name is “Avatar 2.0”.  I get exact matches.  What is yours?  I suspect that if it is “legacy” you just might be out of luck.  Single word product names are bad search terms and are really bad search terms if they are a single common word spelled the common way.

@Ardy LaySorry, my words were quite misleading as I didn't know how to properly explain what I'm seeing.Attached a screenshot below of what my search results show me.These are (no disrespect whatsoever towards the creators,just putting a fact out there) old style mesh clothes that I believe were released when Maitreya first came out.I am looking for new mesh clothes that reflect the current fashion,if that makes sense? I have to dig deeper each time I want to purchase stuff for my outfit.

Screenshot_20230324_000220_Chrome.jpg

@Fergie FinesmithNot only that but it seems that the keywords we all used before in our items currently mess up the new search algorithm.I really don't know what else would fix these issues apart from a roll back...😭I search for clothes and I end up with furniture items as well..such as clothing racks,clothing hangers ect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.