MARKETPLACE BROKEN AGAIN

SerArthur56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, MeshPromo said:

They did the right thing by reverting back to the old search method. But for some keywords, I still see it works as the older way.

eg: Maitreya Towel

they said : "In the coming days we will be changing the following "  for now still broken like before

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SerArthur56 said:

they said : "In the coming days we will be changing the following "  for now still broken like before

Oh damn, I didn't see it. Once they realize the new method is bad, it will be too late. As regular SL residents will start visiting mainstream stores and they'll get used with it, and they never worry to check in marketplace any more.

7 hours ago, Elvina Ewing said:

not sure what exactly is broken or dead? 🤷‍♀️ my MP store looks up and running... am i missing something? 🤔

Try searching for something like "blue shirt". The expected behavior is to find something that is both BLUE and a SHIRT. The current behavior is to find anything that's blue and anything that's a shirt and then try and sort them in meaningful way. Now imagine when people start searching for "mesh shirt" or "rigged mesh blue shirt". Instead of finding you something that's rigged, blue, and a shirt; it'll find you everything that's rigged, everything that's blue, and everything that's a shirt. In short, no one can find anything because no one searches for anything with a single search term and because it's matching all items if they match just a single search term, there's so much irrelevant stuff listed the results look like garbage, because they are.

Just imagine trying to filter search results by mesh, material, body type, color, etc and you see how no one can find anything. To top it off, the relevancy results were completely borked and were listing obviously old products (prim and sculpty) over mesh, let alone mesh and material. And then LL has things set up so if a user is inactive and they don't sell anything, their items are purged, yet they are giving old products a huge boost in search rankings so they end up being purchased so the old stuff doesn't get purged because it sold.

They have really messed up being able to find anything in search. No one can find what they want, then no one buys anything. Then no one, LL or content creators, make any money. And people are extra mad about it because while they managed to break marketplace search and destroy almost everyone's income, they announced they'll take a larger cut of selling and buying L$, which will discourage people from buying L$ and make it more expensive to cash out.

LL's initial response was "just use booleans and quotes", i.e. blue AND shirt AND rigged AND mesh but no other search engine works that way. Because the results are garbage. Just imagine searching Google for "weather today" and it shows you articles about weather, what's happening today, and fails to tell you what the weather is today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

They have really messed up being able to find anything in search. No one can find what they want, then no one buys anything. Then no one, LL or content creators, make any money. And people are extra mad about it because while they managed to break marketplace search and destroy almost everyone's income, they announced they'll take a larger cut of selling and buying L$, which will discourage people from buying L$ and make it more expensive to cash out.

wow! 😲😱 if anything, they should be feeling VERY sorry for that fee increase, all the more so because it was completely unannounced like a slap in the face, and they should be wanting to revert the fees, at least until they fix the Marketplace!!! Otherwise this look very bad.

• Thanks 3

I mean, even the customers dont understand their search results.

They look for some kind of items and then top search items results have absolutly nothing to do with the search.

And yeas Elvina, we fighted for so long against those fees up, that we are al out of energy to protest and fight again.

All this Buy/Sell Fee Change will just temporary fix the problem the inflation will keep growing within SL to a noreturn point.

The CORE of second life was the free2play user. Not the fees, not those very expensive customisation products (bodies.. avatars customisation items, skins, and so on) that multiplied over the years.

All the free2play users left Second life, and only the Whales remain.

The result is a deep lack of content, interaction and creativity.

Edited by Amphetamine Serenity
  • Sad 1

my Jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-233561?focusedCommentId=701942&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-701942

What just happened?

When Customers/Merchants went in MP they will see the relevance list from Stores at first and is very important how this list appear for all.
When this list is full with tons of older items and shows "Xmas or Halloween" like now in the "Spring-Time" is it a Mess for us.

In Update Blogg from LL stands now: in coming days we will changing ..
In coming days ... sorry but this Issue in the List should be changing better yesterday as tomorrow and need to be fixed on first point.

What were you doing when it happened?

LL says: Happy Shopping and selling in the last blog
okay, when this happend after the last Update the Sales are like zero. In over 10 years I had my store in MP is this the first time that I sell more inworld as in MP and I be not the only one - tons of other Store-Owner in MP have the same problem.

What were you expecting to happen instead?

After this Mess in the List is nothing like before - it should be fix not "in the coming days"
Update from an Update ... Rollback should be more helpful cause it was good before the Update comes

The Answer:

spidey.lindenSpidey Linden added a comment - 09/Mar/23 11:17 AM

Thank you for the bug report! We are currently working on a fix for various marketplace issues, including the ones you are reporting. We do not currently have an eta for these fixes but we are working on them as quickly as we can.

Please refer to the following blog post for more details: https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/12885-updates-to-marketplace-search/

Thank you for your continued commitment to Second Life.

Same like before  to other (copy/paste answer) and Spidey Linden closed then all

This is the Way how Linden work - I can't believe it. Not one of this Marketplace Team is willing to make a Rollback. All will good then, but they nice and kind to wish us in the Blog "good Sales" ...  Thank you Spidey Linden for .. nothing!

Edited by Caren Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Conspiracy Theorists would say that this marketplace search mess is coming at the perfect timing so every seller is focused on it and forget to protest against the Buy/Sell Fee Change that wil cut even more their future incomes.

But we arent Conspiracy Theorists, right?

Edited by Amphetamine Serenity
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Amphetamine Serenity said:

Conspiracy Theorists would say that this marketplace search mess is coming at the perfect timing so every seller is focused on it and forget to protest against the Buy/Sell Fee Change that wil cut even more their future incomes.

Or maybe they're just hiring more people to work on the Marketplace, and the fee increase is there to boost their development budget. Not nearly as exciting though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Amphetamine Serenity said:

Conspiracy Theorist would say that this marketplace search mess is coming at the perfect timing so every seller is focused on it and forget to protest against the Buy/Sell Fee Change that wil cut even more their future incomes.

I'm not sure people even know what's going on... The Sellers who are not Buyers themselves (like myself), probably have no idea anything is broken at all (like i didn't). I did notice that in the past several months i've been selling lots more older stuff than i used to, and was wondering what's up with that. Like, almost as much stuff for classic SL ava as for mesh bodies. I ended up with a theory that maybe there is some new mesh body out there that i am not aware of that fits into old classic SL rig, or something... I would never have thought that it's Marketplace Search to blame, as i don't shop on Marketplace for myself...

And how many people do read SL official blogs really? Probably not so many... I'm not sure people even heard of the fees increase...

Also here... 7 days 0 sales on the MP

AND when I click "best selling" in the items tab, only unwanted results show up

AND: clicked in the shop, the results are upside down (best selling is last) !

Hope they fix this soon

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Amie Shan said:

Does anybody experiencing the same issue: weird results and well selling items more

down in the list than none selling ones - when clicking on "BEST SELLING" ?

it is full here with Posts about this, yes. Wrong Marketplace Listening, no sales, bad working search, old Stuff listening and and .. we send tickets, jira (mine all closed now from Linden) and all we hear this in Blog "we notice this, no eta atm and LL will be work on it in coming days ... oh and "Happy Shopping and good Sales" ...  

Edited by Caren Jewell

As I sent the ticket, I got a quick and decent answer and also more details (after asking):

Seems they are not re-rolling, but updating the MP-search.

(As LL said in the post... and I checked just before)

"Relevance" - search seems to be nearly back to a normal way of use (but still confuses sale-amounts) 

19 minutes ago, Amie Shan said:

"Relevance" - search seems to be nearly back to a normal way of use (but still confuses sale-amounts) 

Not sure about this.  For "search" as in looking for specific items, relevance may be returning more sensible results. But, with regard to using relevance and/or best selling sorts by individual store, the results are still totally incorrect. And, they have been frozen in place for days at a time, then updating to a different mix of incorrect results, and then remaining frozen for another stretch of days.

28 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

How is "Low to High" broken?

that if you search and item give you 104 pages and no one is what you are looking for.....as well the solution to use quote is not an upgrade but put more confusion to who is not confident with search somenthing.....example i would like to find the lower price of this [TNK] NAGASODE - WHITE #5 COMMON, why i must to use quote? i want just this...i don t need quote or operator, for now if u search [TNK] NAGASODE - WHITE #5 COMMON even refining the search with no demos, appear 104 pages of rubbish and no one result of what i was looking for, and this problem for who is a reseller is a big problem, like they removed the store name and creator from the search, conclusion if i search exactly something i want that item to come out, how it was before, type [TNK] NAGASODE - WHITE #5 COMMON result [TNK] NAGASODE - WHITE #5 COMMON, not only things that have in the description white but don t match with what i want... for me this is broken....example if i go in amazon i write SAMSUNG QN32Q60AA 32 Inch QLED HDR, is coming out exactly this without quotes and in all kind of research you use, simple-easy-for everyone, actualy on MP if im looking for low to high, why is coming out FaiRodis Yuliya Hair blonde group gift  instead of [TNK] NAGASODE - WHITE #5 COMMON....what is the criteria? that u must the quotes? if yes this easy for who don t know how to search something because maybe is the first time?

Edited by SerArthur56

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.