New Last Names

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

New last names

Does anybody know, can you use Premium Plus to get a name change on another account of yours, or does it have to be the same one that the Premium Plus is on?

Pretty sure its per account. And any account can get a name change, even a free account, it just costs more.

Edit: They added Sausage as a name option. 🤣

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Pretty sure its per account. And any account can get a name change, even a free account, it just costs more.

Yeah, look for a lot of newb males in a certain state at the infohubs...

Some of those names are pretty dweeby but I like some of them. Just don't want to pay $40 to change.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Some of those names are pretty dweeby but I like some of them. Just don't want to pay $40 to change.

If they let us "reserve" a name for say $10 .. and then charged say ..  $10 to change the active name to one from your personal pool, we would all get a new name every time the list changed just to own it ..

Capitalism fail @Linden Lab !!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If they let us "reserve" a name for say $10 .. and then charged say ..  $10 to change the active name to one from your personal pool, we would all get a new name every time the list changed just to own it ..

Capitalism fail @Linden Lab !!

Getting a new name every time you partner someone, like real life! "Hi there, we're the PittyPat-Zhaoying's. Pleased to meet you!"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Maybe LL could sell extra parts of names too like Lord, Duchess, Jr., Sr., the 111, etc.  Oh, la tee da.  Fancy Smancy.  

I heard people joking on the radio about that in real life. Titles come with discounts/perks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, benchthis said:

I heard people joking on the radio about that in real life. Titles come with discounts/perks. 

I read that on Twitter.  It was 10 Stupid Things About The Rich, like the rich get free stuff they can afford.  But, I know why the rich get free stuff, it's so they will wear it and advertise it.  

Correction to my Fancy Smancy.  It would be Fancy Schmancy.  

fan·cy-schman·cy
/ˌfansēˈSHmansē/

adjective
INFORMALNORTH AMERICAN

1. extremely or excessively fancy.
    "Ben has some fancy-schmancy job"
Edited by EliseAnne85

7 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I read that on Twitter.  It was 10 Stupid Things About The Rich, like the rich get free stuff they can afford.  But, I know why the rich get free stuff, it's so they will wear it and advertise it.  

Correction to my Fancy Smancy.  It would be Fancy Schmancy.  

fan·cy-schman·cy
/ˌfansēˈSHmansē/

adjective
INFORMALNORTH AMERICAN

1. extremely or excessively fancy.
    "Ben has some fancy-schmancy job"

I heard it about gosh 10 years ago, pretty cool. benchthis the fancy would be fancy. "sings ~here's yoUr one chance fancy don't let me down." "here's your one chance, fancy don't you let me down." 

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

With names like Pixelbottom, Sausage...sounds like this naming session may have occurred while those attending were a little, shall we say, tipsy maybe. 

I thought of a funny one for Sausage but I cannot say it here, nor anywhere on the web for that matter.   

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

There can't be more than one? I know one guy who would like to be Wally Nightingale. But is it possible to see if that combination first name/last name is taken?

It's impossible to see the same exact name, but that never stopped anyone from throwing a number in there for a letter or on the start or end of a name, if they wanted it.

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's impossible to see the same exact name, but that never stopped anyone from throwing a number in there for a letter or on the start or end of a name, if they wanted it.

For the money it would cost him, he would only want to be Wally without numbers or added letters. 😉

So I said, save your money, since you can't be sure.

Oh look, more gimmick names.

Yawn.

We get it, now can we have some decent last surnames?

I want some really good asian surnames and also surnames that reflect peoples interests.

If anything was better about surnames years ago, they weren't all gimmicks and you could find some that were pretty good.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

For the money it would cost him, he would only want to be Wally without numbers or added letters. 😉

So I said, save your money, since you can't be sure.

There is already a George Costanza, so anyone wanting that name would have to get creative with it.

18 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There is already a George Costanza, so anyone wanting that name would have to get creative with it.

My name is Constanza. G3org3 Constanza.

• Haha 1

Yeah, just to confirm the above you get several steps before actually paying and doing the name change. You'll be told if it's taken before that.

Just done three (and might do another two) name changes.

I am now known as Suka...

Suka Sausage!

(NOT! - although I'm sorely tempted to do it to an alt. He's a very serious alt though, no sense of humour at all. I can just imagine his face next time he logs in...)

Edit: I wonder... will my username here change??? Time will tell apparently, can take some hours for the change to propagate it seems. (Yes, when I log out/in)

Edit 2: Hmm, seems I have to redo all my personalized, per-account viewer settings. Of course, never thought of that.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

Edit: I wonder... will my username here change??? Time will tell apparently, can take some hours for the change to propagate it seems. (Yes, when I log out/in)

Yes, it takes a little while, maybe an hour or two.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.