Reputation in the Forums

Ags Falconer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I love sashay! It derives from dancing! Who doesn't want to look like one is dancing!?! And it's ostentatious without being ill-tempered!

/me sashays prettily away from this slight derail.

Exaaaaactly! Gotta get that bounce in there, too.

happy-walk.gif

If I gain any kind of reputation in this forum, I want it to be for entering and leaving threads similar to how I dancewalk around in-world.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How about, "apparently flounce-adjacent behavior, not actually flouncing while appearing to do so, if you just understood that they are leaving for valid reasons, so there is actually no drama, nothing to see here, move along now"?

I prefer the quietly fading away into the shadows plotting my revenge and internally vowing never to return only to be thwarted when someone posts Gabriele bait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

One more piece of advice on building a reputation:

Find a perceived slight.  Grow it.  Feed it.  Encourage it.  Let it occupy your mind unimpeded. Hold it in as long as possible and never let it go.  Hug it. Use it as a security blanket.  Replay it over and over in your mind.  Let the felling grow inside of you.  Feel the hate and spite.  Wallow in it.

When you're ready, put your fingers to the keyboard and release it.  Release it into as many different threads as possible.  Share it with others.  Don't hold back.  Remove any filters an adult might put in place.  Tact is for the weak.

Then, enjoy a nice cocktail or smoke a joint and prepare for a forum vacation. 

Oooooooooooo. Grand Master level sheet there for sure!! Thank you!!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think the OP was not aware of the "Leaderboard", and there "is" no offical "negative reputation" (not including "warnings", "bans", etc.) So, taking the original question literally, it is this doohickey in everyone's profile (see red box drawn around the word "reputation" below):

Maybe that answer was not so clear, because all of the discussion?

reputation.png

@Love Zhaoying, sure 'nuff. Twas not aware till now. 

And now, I may have finally found my purpose. 

To win SL. By. Accumulating. The. Most. Wins. On. Leaderboard.

Muuuhahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

<slithers_into_a_shadow_to_plot/>

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2022 at 7:42 AM, Ags Falconer said:

I'm easing back into SL after a 9 year hiatis. And now I'm pondering my reputation. Naturally, Joan Jett's lyrical commentary (https://youtu.be/2RK9jjOLDHc) on the general topic sprang to mind.
But for me specifically, I'd love to hear your thoughts dear friends. Should I work toward a good reputation? Or a bad one? Or a bit of both?

reputation.png

Why not just shoot the breeze and be Chaotic Good? ☺️

We could use a little around here again. 😏

• Like 3

On 10/24/2022 at 9:34 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hmm, yes. About that. As Cinn has already mentioned . . .

Also, anything not pretty obviously "about" SL will be locked or removed.

I know that they used to say they didn't like derails, but these days they are actually enforcing that rule. And while it does make for a more coherent place (I guess?), it also means a much more constrained, less lively, and less fun one. You might want to review the new "rules" pinned to the top, to which Rolig has directed you.

Now, about reputation . . . when I came back in 2018, I simply asked people to give me more reputation points (as I had none). And they did!

Reputation never matter much anyway, and it matters less now that it's not even visible unless you go to someone's profile to look. But in the OLD days, you could get a sort of bad reputation by having way more posts than actual reputation points. So, if it's a bad reputation you want, you're already there!

I suppose you can also get ratioed here, as on Twitter -- lots of quoted posts, but far fewer reputation points?

And finally, if you're not good at pitching in grooming the others -- assisting with de-lousing and so on, you know -- well . . . word gets around.

f5c3071dcc28d2f87184b0e14390e987--cat-s-

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 10/25/2022 at 1:59 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I shall bear your recommendation in mind, Scylla.
But I'm keepin' my eye on you, Ags!

😲
I WON'T even say this only once.... 🤭

HippieStockBig.jpg

Get a haircut and get a real job Ags!... lolgif62074390805.gif.99dea0980a7cb0628e1da6fe39616da2.gif

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Cali Souther said:

bekind.jpg

but if that doesn't work...

"quip. frequently. with sarcasm."

pretty sure that's a Buddha quote...

Edited by Seicher Rae
That's enough people-ing for now. Back to apparently a word that I can no longer say without a lot of pushback and pedantic nonsense... I mean, back to the photo threads
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.